Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,780 members, 7,834,612 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection (575 Views)

Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen / The Controversy Over The Allegation Of Bribe By Otedola To Farouk. Coiled From T / Similarities Between Nigerian Policemen And Armed Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 30, 2013
There I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ this coming saying that "Warri man no deh cari last", well I wud say generally, Nigerians no deh cari last in all ramifications. Nigerians are very creative and resilient, when it comes to getting things done, and when it comes to getting what they want.
Many would not forget the recent corruption outcry leveled on the Nigerian police, where videos of policemen collecting bribes went viral on social media sites, and the Nigerian police had to exercise some caution as to how they collect bribes, and device other ways of collecting their much priced bribe.
only recently, I was about boarding a bus in Ibadan around Dugbe specifically, for those who know Ibadan quite well. I waited for about 30minutes before I got a bus, but all that while before I got a bus, an interesting spectacle caught my eyes, as I saw buses and other commercial vehicles being stopped by the policemen controling the road, and I saw the drivers come down from their vehicles, move off the road, go meet some persons sitting in some enclosed spot and come back into their cars and zoom off. Immediately, curiosity was aroused in me and I sought to find out what was happening, and I realised that when the policeman walks up to a driver and asks for a bribe, the driver will not give the policeman the bribe directly, rather the driver will alight from the bus, veer off the road, walk up to some seclusive spot and give some persons sitted in plain clothes the bribe. This saves the policeman on duty the embarrassment that might ensure from collecting the bribes directly, so they had to enter into an alliance with some civilians. A clever move!
I enjoyed the spectacle, and I was soon engaged in a conversation with a fellow passenger waiting for a bus like me, and he told me that that I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ how the police collect their bribes now. They are scared of someone filming them, and sending it to the media, lest they loose their jobs. Yet they can't stop collecting bribes, so they had to improvise other means of collecting this bribes. Very funny!
Re: Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection by ajasbaba(m): 9:11am On Sep 30, 2013
END TIME THINGS
Re: Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection by psucc(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2013
Na today! Them just learn that stuff from the Army and FRSC. Naija we hail thee.
Re: Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2013
Ascari I dey hail oooo
Re: Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection by Infomizer(m): 9:32am On Sep 30, 2013
For dem mind, dem smart abi! Wait till the hunters start shooting without aiming..wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection by Gboliwe: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2013
LMAO. Nigeria we hail
Re: Nigerian Policemen Device New Method Of Bribe Collection by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2013
Lolz

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Fairly-used Gre And Toefl Books / Nigerian Police Series Of Works Within The Week / Facts Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.