Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! (6952 Views)

Evidence Of Match-fixing In Champions League & World Cup Qualifiers / Euro 2012: England Vs Ukraine (1 - 0) - Group D Match / Ballack Out Of World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! by Priscila(f): 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2006
Mexico vs. Iran! (DD)
Bravo México Bravo once more Bravo outstanding player Bravo!
Improved México really meant business against Iranians in that group D clash at Frankenstadion. Sad to Mexican goalie for death of his father Sanchez snr.I missed bogertti-the most prolific scorer after that hamstring whatever injury, but Bravo was un- matched.
No wonder they are ranked 4th.

IRAN! I have no problem with them since football has never been in Middle East. It’s just good to appear to make the 32 countries-an achievement still.
They really made Mexico look like a very big team in the world and Bravo was like a king.
Re: World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! by mochafella(m): 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2006
Hopefully the Anglolans will get at least a point today. Something tells me we might see a very rough match.
Re: World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! by GUNNER(f): 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2006
yeah it must surely be a rough match grin

what with that "Akwa" guy practicing his Karate skills! shocked
Re: World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! by GUNNER(f): 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2006
Gutsy display from these Angolans sees them claim a deserved point kiss

lets see what they make of their game against Iran undecided
Re: World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! by mukina2: 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2006
yes! yes! i am really happy wish tizie ad been like ricardo sad sad i hope they beat Iran and the mexicans or the portuguese lose undecided
Re: World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! by c0dec(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2006
what a boring game. angola is just lucky to be in such a crappy group. but i can bet they wont make the most out of it.
Re: World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! by twinstaiye(m): 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2006
Iran 1-1 Angola

Portugal 2-1 Mexico

It's all over in Leipzig and Angola fall short of qualifying for the second round of the World Cup. Even a 1-0 win would not have been enough - they needed goals, and in truth they never much looked like scoring them.

Angola's hopes of reaching the second round were shattered as Iran came from behind to share the spoils.

For 14 second-half minutes the dream was alive, with Angola one-up through Amado Flavio's header, although they still needed a favour from Portugal.

But Sohtab Bakhtiarizadeh spoiled the party by nodding in an equaliser 16 minutes from time.

Iran were well worthy of their first World Cup point, but it was Angola who were left to rue what might have been.
Iran have done most of the running and had most of the attempts, and they are well worth their draw - on the day, I don't think you could argue that Angola deserved to win the game.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 / HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 / Liverpool Vs Basel: UCL ( 1 - 1) oN 9th December 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.