Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,644 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 (6972 Views)

Jose Mourinho To Leave Real Madrid By Mutual Consent / Messi Extends Contract Through 2018 / Javier Hernandez(chicharito) Signs New Five-year Contract With Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by mukina2: 3:48pm On May 22, 2012
José Mourinho has signed a contract extension to keep him and his staff at Real Madrid until 2016. Mourinho's previous deal expired at the end of 2014 and the new contract reinforces his position at the club after a season of success and speculation.

Strategic leaks from Mourinho's camp had suggested that he wanted to leave Spain and return to the Premier League early in the new year and there had been discussions with Chelsea but the Portuguese has chosen to stay in Spain. The club's website announced the renewal in a single phrase, under the headline: "Best coach in the world extends contract with Real Madrid to 2016".

Few details have emerged of the new deal. Mourinho was already the world's best-paid coach. He was brought to Real Madrid to seek to end Barcelona's stranglehold on domestic and European football. He finished his first season with a Copa del Rey success while Barcelona won a league and Champions League double; his second season ends with Madrid reclaiming the league title after a gap of four years and second semi-final exit in Europe. Cristiano Ronaldo insisted on Tuesday that there was a "change of cycle" in Spain.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/22/jose-mourinho-real-madrid-contract

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by rasputinn(m): 4:23pm On May 22, 2012
Good news for all the stakeholders
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 22, 2012
4 trophy-less years for barcelona, this is what pep foresaw and ran away. up jose, up madrid

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Opoki(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2012
crusifis: 4 trophy-less years for barcelona, this is what pep foresaw and ran away. up jose, up madrid
Guy, you actually got it so right... I'm sure his extension will transpire to something great while i see Pep as a coward who can't withstand the heat any longer, i wish him happy recharging...lol

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by oyestephen(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2012
Nice!!! So he will spend more than 2 years in a club, hala madrid!!! coolNice!!! So he will spend more than 2 years in a club, hala madrid!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by arcview: 4:49pm On May 22, 2012
More trophies for Real Madrid.i wish him best of luck.
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 22, 2012
I am a fan of the man at Madrid, but was he not at Madrid when Pep was beating Madrid left right and center. I put it this way, if Pep had his contract renewed instead of leaving, Mourinho would have been the one heading for the door!

He's a petty gambler, sensitive to the happenings in his environ,the absence of Pep = less contention for trophies!

4 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by nurmanteasynoni: 5:09pm On May 22, 2012
Ranks007: I am a fan of the man at Madrid, but was he not at Madrid when Pep was beating Madrid left right and center. I put it this way, if Pep had his contract renewed instead of leaving, Mourinho would have been the one heading for the door!

He's a petty gambler, sensitive to the happenings in his environ,the absence of Pep = less contention for trophies!
guy wetin yhu dey talk like this,if na yhu wetin yhu go do..life's all about taking chances nw..yhu self check yhur last statement nw"na so life dey"
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by sholatech(m): 5:15pm On May 22, 2012
I agree that he is now comfortable at Real Madrid WITHOUT Pep at Barca and of course, no vacancy at CHELSEA Since someone else has achieved what he could not achieve while he was in England. It is actually a safety net. With the pool of players at Real Madrid and their financial war chest, that is the easiest way out. And of course, he is trying to beat Pep's Achievements at Barca. The years ahead in La Liga promises to be exciting!

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Ifemyke: 5:31pm On May 22, 2012
Why not? He deserves it.
Meanwhile, Champions League hero Drogba reveals he WILL leave Chelsea,
as Topless Ukrainian feminists attempt to steal Euro trophy in protest ahead of tournament
Read more on www.footballfile.com
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by cyril83(m): 5:51pm On May 22, 2012
That's my real man
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Jidefido(m): 6:00pm On May 22, 2012
[color=#000099]YES OOOOOOOOOOOOO.........THE SPECIAL ONE STAYS ON TO WIN MORE LAURELS FOR THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD.........HALA MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!.........EXPECT MORE FROM US IN THE COMING SEASONS WITH mou IN CHARGE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 22, 2012
best thing he can do for himself

[size=15pt]HAMMER MADRID[/size] grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by jaytime(m): 6:29pm On May 22, 2012
Nice one by the Special One!
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by unbiasedjudge(m): 7:16pm On May 22, 2012
good one...
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by niyitogun(m): 7:37pm On May 22, 2012
This dude simply inspires me...
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Martini101(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2012
Who no like beta thing? No be person wey work go Chop? Since Pep don give way, Mourinho got to enjoy now. D guy and Messi nearly gave Mourinho Nightmares abi they give am self. lol
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by megaplaza(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2012
Martini101: Who no like beta thing? No be person wey work go Chop? Since Pep don give way, Mourinho got to enjoy now. D guy and Messi nearly gave Mourinho Nightmares abi they give am self. lol
hmmmm, I remember that Jose Mourinho's inter knocked Barca out to win champs league, madrid knocked barca out to winn copa dey rel. They won la liga. Barca did same. Knocked madrid out off champs league n won it, won la liga and they aree yet to win coppa del rey. Supa cup? Lets see what happens next season when they meet if barca wins copa dey rel. the score's even yet Pep ran away. He has always said dat it's good to leave while you are on top. Guess that what he did. He was afraid of massacre to follow.

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 22, 2012
The fear of Guardiola is the beginning of wisdom. Why didn't he extend his contract when pep was still in charge of barca, mou is just a coward.
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by zangiff(m): 8:18pm On May 22, 2012
the special one versus the chosen one.part 2
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by vislabraye(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2012
Good for him
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by megaplaza(m): 8:58pm On May 22, 2012
ollah1: The fear of Guardiola is the beginning of wisdom. Why didn't he extend his contract when pep was still in charge of barca, mou is just a coward.
why didn't Guardiola went on sabatical leave last sseason. Why leave after losing the league at home to madrid. And beeen knocked ouut of champs league. Do you think he would have gone on leave had barca won champs league and/la liga.
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by andyprez(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2012
Great news, wise choice.
Meanwhile, anybody that beefs this guy is JEALOUS & HATE SUCCESS!!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by kingsilly(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2012
Tank heavens four laliga uninterrupted
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by naturalwaves: 10:14pm On May 22, 2012
Ranks007: I am a fan of the man at Madrid, but was he not at Madrid when Pep was beating Madrid left right and center. I put it this way, if Pep had his contract renewed instead of leaving, Mourinho would have been the one heading for the door!

Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Kingsicko(m): 10:23pm On May 22, 2012
Hala madrid!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by naturalwaves: 10:29pm On May 22, 2012
Wen was pep beating madrid left,ryt and centre?In Mounrinho's first season at madrid,he played 5 games against Barca,Barca won 2,Real won 1 and they drew 2. Is dat a bad record 4 a coach dat's just coming in wen barca wz beating evry1 2 pulp? D truth is dat,PEP is a coward,and he knew it'l be tough competing against a team dat lost just 2 matches in d league.Mounrinho wuld av stayed back at Inter if he were a coward lyk PEP.Take it or leave it,dis is d end of d era 4 Barca.
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by mandsignal(m): 10:30pm On May 22, 2012
andyprez: Great news, wise choice.
Meanwhile, anybody that beefs this guy is JEALOUS & HATE SUCCESS!!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 22, 2012
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by ddippset(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2012
5-0. A scoreline he will never forget.only 2 wins in 10 games. Sorry pep gone. You shall forever feel your butt hurting.
Re: Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016 by ddippset(m): 11:17pm On May 22, 2012
naturalwaves: Wen was pep beating madrid left,ryt and centre?In Mounrinho's first season at madrid,he played 5 games against Barca,Barca won 2,Real won 1 and they drew 2. Is dat a bad record 4 a coach dat's just coming in wen barca wz beating evry1 2 pulp? D truth is dat,PEP is a coward,and he knew it'l be tough competing against a team dat lost just 2 matches in d league.Mounrinho wuld av stayed back at Inter if he were a coward lyk PEP.Take it or leave it,dis is d end of d era 4 Barca.
and that first season included a 5-0 bashing, the worst defeat of his career. And what about his second season? Tell us mr story teller. With barca having won 3 in a row, even an imbesile would win the league in his second season with multi million pound player buys.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 / Liverpool Vs Basel: UCL ( 1 - 1) oN 9th December 2014 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On Saturday 15th October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.