Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

9ja @ 53: A CALL TO DISCUSS THE STATE OF THE NATION: INTELLECTUALS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9ja @ 53: A CALL TO DISCUSS THE STATE OF THE NATION: INTELLECTUALS (667 Views)

#dasukigate: Falae Calls Bode George To Discuss The Money Received / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' / President Elect Gen. Buhari On TVC Live!! Lets Discuss The Info From Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9ja @ 53: A CALL TO DISCUSS THE STATE OF THE NATION: INTELLECTUALS by DavidHume(m): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
N.B- pls avoid using insultive words on any contributor to this topic.......INTELLECTUALS ARGUE WITH WISDOM AND NOT WITH EMOTIONS..........

I feel depressed whenever I think about the state of my great country nigeria, and the fact that its would celebrate its "believed" day of independence very soon.....these following questions remain in my heart, becoming an unsolvable puzzle....so I thought it would be great if I call intellectuals to pause as they surf through, and let's discuss the state of our Nation...NIGERIA

The questions are.......

1- has Nigeria really gained its independence?...Economical and Political independence?

2- If the answer is YES; what have we gained and in what rate have we developed since the time of our independence till now?

3-If the answer is NO, how can we gain that independence we need.....Is there a need for a revolution?

4- Has Democracy help matters in anyway and is there a need to sustain the kind of democracy we have in nigeria presently...or there is need for a re-enlightment of what democracy means to the people and leader of this Nation?

5-His our present Political leadership, helping matters....looking at every sector of our economy..most especially the Educational,Agricultural,health and Infastrutural development?

6-What is the way out......what should be the role of the Adults and Youth in this present state of the country?

7-And how can we ensure, we get a lasting solution to this problems!

Posing this question first to my self: I realized that as much as we acknowledge the fact that our leaders have failed us, we as the people of this country has failed ourselves....

INTELLECTUALS PLEASE LET DISCUSS
Re: 9ja @ 53: A CALL TO DISCUSS THE STATE OF THE NATION: INTELLECTUALS by legendsilver(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
In summary:
I want to say Nigeria failed its independence long long time ago. The era when military ruled this country destroyed all hope of gaining true Democracy
Re: 9ja @ 53: A CALL TO DISCUSS THE STATE OF THE NATION: INTELLECTUALS by DavidHume(m): 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
legendsilver: In summary:
I want to say Nigeria failed its independence long long time ago. The era when military ruled this country destroyed all hope of gaining true Democracy

But brother other countries in other part of the world also experienced same or another form of coup d etat ! And since then they have traced their step back to democracy, and have experience a whole lot of development.....why is that of Nigeria different and what is the way out

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Former Speaker Dies On Board / Peter Obi And Nepotism- Agulu Peoples Grand Alliance(apga) / 16 Year Old Girl Tipped To Win The 2013 Nobel Peace Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.