Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,097 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Do You Feel Excited About Nigeria's Independence Day? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Feel Excited About Nigeria's Independence Day? (418 Views)

Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! / Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? / Pictures Of Nigerian Independence Day Parade In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Feel Excited About Nigeria's Independence Day? by SenatorJames(m): 1:12am On Oct 01, 2013
Firstly, let me congratulate all Nigerians, most expecially Nairalanders Happy Independence day. Gone are the days when we are all excited as a citizen to celebraete our Passover Night from the land of Egypt called Colonial era. But its a pity today that its when Labaran Maku or Abba Moro announces a public holiday, that we remember October 1st as a memorable day or when the broadcasting stations are doing what they are paid to do. Billions of Naira will stil go for today's mourning or celebration of our dear country. With the current situation of the old giant of Africa which is visible to a nursery one baby; Governance, Education, Judiciary, Health, Enviroment, Aviation, Security, Election process, Unemployement rate, Economy, Agriculture, Crime rate and our Reputation. Do you feel excited about our independence day celebration and how do you plan to spend today?
Re: Do You Feel Excited About Nigeria's Independence Day? by SenatorJames(m): 1:20am On Oct 01, 2013
For me. I will just pray for Nigeria, attend an Educative lecture by 10am, check my old friend, Eat, Sleep and plan for my future.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Do You Feel Excited About Nigeria's Independence Day? by funshybam(m): 4:42am On Oct 01, 2013
yeah...got to earn more due to overtime @ work...other than that....it's just a normal day
Re: Do You Feel Excited About Nigeria's Independence Day? by jemsi(f): 6:28am On Oct 01, 2013
I will if they share money and it reaches me grin
Re: Do You Feel Excited About Nigeria's Independence Day? by yemi2plus(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2013
A Poem For Nigeria

I sat here and watched,
As a child grown into a lady,
Many suitors now approach her,
I remembered and I smiled,
I laughed and I cried,
As she celebrated again.

Happy 53 birthday Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious/awkward Questions / Suspension Of Dana Air Illegal-leadership / Ram Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.