Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? (17935 Views)

Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! / What Is The Most Surprising Fact You Learnt From The Independence Music Video? / Pictures Of Nigerian Independence Day Parade In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by jimcaddy(m): 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2013
Guys kindly take a look at this picture and tell me what you think. Though I hear it is an individual who is planning to give them out on Independence Day, October 1st, 2013.

****I wonder why people are throwing jibes. If you look at the heading, I said 'Could This Be?' I wanted you all to decide.. I wasn't certain myself, that was why I put a question mark.

It could be photo-shop, it could be real.

Besides, I went to the Gold and Co company Twitter handle and followed a conversation when someone took them on this issue.

The company said that what was said in the media was mis-quoted.

They clarified their claim by saying the iphones were NOT ordered by the Nigerian government, but it was ordered by an INDIVIDUAL who plans to give it out to people to celebrate the Independence.

Who says that individual can not be Aliko Dangote or any other rich individual in Nigeria.

The company also said that the order was to print the Nigeria Coat of Arms on the iPhones.. Fine this is not the real picture, but there is definitely an order from a certain 'individual'***

Nice job for clarifying it was Photo-shopped. Exactly what a forum is for..

Source: http://www.jimcaddy..com/2013/09/photo-could-rumours-of-gold-plated.html

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Photoshop...stewpid blogger

13 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by reloboy(m): 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by free2ryhme: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ask goodluck and patience jonathan

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by adetboy: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Really?
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by matzoro(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
:it may, it may nt...unless i touch am...

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by mariannlove(f): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
don't knw either
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Dont believe it is,abeg make una shun all dis lies

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by ronalmagic10(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ask me again
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by arimahoseloka(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nonsense. What good will come out of this?
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nikapetrelli(f): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Photoshop tins on point
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Ifems(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
I still don't understand the need for this....Arrrrrant nonsense!
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by amclimax(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Smh... Madam abeg na my turn sell food for me[b]Smh... Madam abeg na my turn sell food for me[/b]Smh... Madam abeg na my turn sell food for me
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Fazhy: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
[size=18pt]IMAGINE THAT??[/size]

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fustration and hatred will not kill all u gullible haters. Nigerians are not stupid not recognize photoshop, and this is on frontpage. SMH
Stupid bloggers doing anything for traffic

1. Apple is a very proud, stubborn company, their logo will always be there
2. The coat of arms will be encrusted in the gold and not putting stupid shabby label over it.

5 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Skelewu... grin
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by raynold(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
total BS

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Suljosh: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
free2ryhme: Ask goodluck and patience jonathan
you mean SHIPOPOTAMOS?

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Lilimax(f): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
sad
What for?
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Let's see if they have the conscience to carry on with this madness.
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Jakeattah(m): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
LWKMD.... See this dreamer. I advice you to set your mind on more realistic things. Govt wont give anybody somtin lyk dat. But u fit get handkerchief nd handband sha
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by shachris02: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Looks very much like a photoshop to me. But nothing is impossible in Naija.

Meanwhile, make sure to check the trending topic.

#Teamsexkillzmustgo
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Davo93(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
LOL... photoshop on display...

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by gonzaga: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nigerians especially the youths must begin to subject a lot of these sensational headlines to some form of intellectual scrutiny.

We know for sure that the government had neither sent invitations to 53 countries or shortlisted 53 Nigerians for any kind of award. For who then are these phones been ordered for?

The whole idea is to tilt public opinion against the government as ASUU is currently doing.

So sad that we can be this gullible...
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by tbagjames(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
This one don pass photoshop...na photo market

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Zet72(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
grin cheesy southwest I hail ooo

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
Can't believe some nigerians are buying that crappy lie.
The nigerian media most time spread false news.
That thing up there is total photoshop and smart people know it.
Nigerian government aren't importing any phone for independence celebration.
Smh once again
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by bloglover(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Op please can u teach us how u designed this?
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Could this be a dunmbed based thread?
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Iko5000: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fake Picture , This blogger likes fake news

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Nairalander Displays Numerious Awards He Won With A Famous Nigerian Bank / Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) / Flood Sacks Makurdi Residents, Destroys Homes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.