Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie (14295 Views)

Photos From Set Of Kunle Afolayan's Most Anticipated Film ‘The CEO’ / Photos From The Premiere Of Kunle Afolayan’s “October 1″ / Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2013
Looks like its gon be interesting....but I can't be sure, Figurine's trailer was interesting too, didn't enjoy the movie.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by skyscraperTM(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2013
sorry i don`t do noolywood, i`d rather watch tom and jerry¡

btw, is that not the attention seekinq niqqer who claims to die soon because of the movie he is about to release| dude is a businessman, he only said that to attract traffic so some gullible people will buy the low-budqet crap he calls movie¡
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 01, 2013
SimonAndal:
I tried really hard to like this, but I can't get past the Nigerian accent. I'm sorry, I just can't. It's a deal-breaker for me.

And what is up with the unnecessary slo-mos and the hastily edited jump cuts? Truthfully this is a bad trailer.
Nigerian accent? Its a Nigerian Movie!, what did u expect?
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by IAMBREEZY: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2013
The thrailer is ok
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
sorry i don`t do noolywood, i`d rather watch tom and jerry¡

btw, is that not the attention seekinq niqqer who claims to die soon because of the movie he is about to release| dude is a businessman, he only said that to attract traffic so some gullible people will buy the low-budqet crap he calls movie¡
what are you saying? A $2million movie is low budget?
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by slumbee(m): 11:37am On Oct 01, 2013
The trailer looks very catchy, i admire his work alot. I just think most times he has a lil problem on ending his stories. I mean after d build up, the end of d movie isnt usually fine by me. That been said script writing is not an easy job. kudos! To kunle Afolayan
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by RedCard1(m): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2013
SimonAndal:
I tried really hard to like this, but I can't get past the Nigerian accent. I'm sorry, I just can't. It's a deal-breaker for me.

And what is up with the unnecessary slo-mos and the hastily edited jump cuts? Truthfully this is a bad trailer.
I think it's ok considering nollywood's standard. The movie isn't in the class of Blackberry babes and In the cupboard kinda movies. Yes the trailer is ok but could have been better. Let's still remember the budget for this film will surely fall below $2m so don't compare it to "Twelve years a slave, Blue Jasmine, Upstream Color, Gravity, Man of Steel" and the rest of hollywood's current blockbusters. Weldone Kunle, you have done well.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Orikinla(m): 11:43am On Oct 01, 2013
Kunle Afolayan must represent the best in Nigerian cinema. But his best is yet to come.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by gbokukueba(m): 11:43am On Oct 01, 2013
This is impressive cant wait to see the movie... never being disappointed in Kunle Afolayan's movies
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by RedCard1(m): 11:49am On Oct 01, 2013
Bolushalom: Looks like its gon be interesting....but I can't be sure, Figurine's trailer was interesting too, didn't enjoy the movie.
it wasn't just you that didn't enjoy The Figurine.......I didn't enjoy the movie as well. The story telling was so awful. I had to watch it trice to get what the story was trying to teach and till date, I can't tell what the story was all about. Not to forget how boring the movie was, it was so in-active. I slept while watching it for the first time. The only good thing about the movie was the technical aspect and maybe Ramsey Nouah's performance. It was so bleeping dull and boring. I still think 'October 1' will be better though.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by RedCard1(m): 11:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Bolushalom: what are you saying? A $2million movie is low budget?
are you even sure the budget is upto $2m? Well $10m is still low budget based on global standard. Big budget ranges from @least $30m upwards.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by sholay2011(m): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
Red_Card: it wasn't just you that didn't enjoy The Figurine.......I didn't enjoy the movie as well. The story telling was so awful. I had to watch it trice to get what the story was trying to teach and till date, I can't tell what the story was all about. Not to forget how boring the movie was, it was so in-active. I slept while watching it for the first time. The only good thing about the movie was the technical aspect and maybe Ramsey Nouah's performance. It was so bleeping dull and boring. I still think 'October 1' will be better though.
You are entitled to your opinion but I enjoyed seeing 'Figurine'. You said you don't get what the story is all about? Ok oh. The main message is to explore the belief of whether occurrences are caused by a (mostly spiritual) force or by coincidence. Though, the ending of the movie seemed rushed, it's a very good movie IMO with a deep message that leaves a question mark in one's heart about belief. That was why the movie ended wiv: "What do you believe? "

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by ESULAALU: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
I think for people who found it hard to enjoy or understand figurine,phone swap will surely erode any reservation you might have about Kunle Afolayan's production. Its a feel good, funny movie and I have to say Kunle did exceptionally well with the way the movie was ended. Great sequence and ending.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Afam4eva(m): 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
Red_Card: it wasn't just you that didn't enjoy The Figurine.......I didn't enjoy the movie as well. The story telling was so awful. I had to watch it trice to get what the story was trying to teach and till date, I can't tell what the story was all about. Not to forget how boring the movie was, it was so in-active. I slept while watching it for the first time. The only good thing about the movie was the technical aspect and maybe Ramsey Nouah's performance. It was so bleeping dull and boring. I still think 'October 1' will be better though.
I understood figuring but it was educative like Tunde kelani's movies but not entertaining. But i heard "Phone Swap" is really nice.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by binoe: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
nigerianuthor=SimonAndal]

[/quote]

No apologies on d Nigerian accent....Chinese speak English with an accent without any apology, so do Indians, Russian, Scotts, Italiana
so why should we apologise for having an assent.
Note even Americans don't all speak proper English....

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by skyscraperTM(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
Red_Card: are you even sure the budget is upto $2m? Well $10m is still low budget based on global standard. Big budget ranges from @least $30m upwards.
tell them¡
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Abbott(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
wow!!!
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Beautiful Trailer! When is the release date? that is my own!
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by obailala(m): 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
SimonAndal:
I tried really hard to like this, [size=15pt]but I can't get past the Nigerian accent[/size]. I'm sorry, I just can't. It's a deal-breaker for me.

Nigerians are talking and you expect a foreign accent?? angry angry undecided

Sorry to say this but I think you suffer from a very common strain of inferiority complex and an identity crisis that has plagued majority of Nigerians for decades.

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by KKImoh: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
KUNLE NEVA FAILS TO SHOW DAT ENIGMA! DAT DUDE IS CONFAM!
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by spade: 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mehn, the film poster is making sooooo much sense! Love it! Check out the artistry here! Symbolic and solid, unlike the past ones where dem go carry over 500 different faces plaster for the poster, making it look so nyama-nyama!

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by ajf(m): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
spade: Mehn, the film poster is making sooooo much sense! Love it! Check out the artistry here! Symbolic and solid, unlike the past ones where dem go carry over 500 different faces plaster for the poster, making it look so nyama-nyama!

Why can't we like a post more than once?? smh.......
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by PastorKun(m): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
Picture of the restored classic 1964 model morris minor restored by www.pristineautomobiles.com.ng used in the October1movie. smiley this film sets a new standard for the Nigerian movie industry. @pristineautos2

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
I THINK I KNOW THE KILLER grin grin grin

Catchy trailer!
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva: This is what i'm talking about. This looks like a standard Hollywood movies. These are the kind of stories that we should be telling.
tell them afam
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by Jesuspikin87(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
I Love his Movies.....Figurine,Irapaada. He's a blessing to Nollywood.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by gerald09(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
Bolushalom: Nigerian accent? Its a Nigerian Movie!, what did u expect?
Leave dat babe wey miss road, u watching a Nigerian movie and expecting american/British accent. People dey mugu every second.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by lee007(m): 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
Kunle is doing very great! I am sure his Father one of the pioneers of Nigerian Movies/Cinema will be happy in his grave....O kare omo Baba Ade love!
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by igboboy1(m): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
SimonAndal:

What is NIgeria accent?
There is no such thing as a Nigerian accent. That was an unmistakable Ijebu accent.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by lastpage: 12:59am On Oct 02, 2013
SimonAndal:
I tried really hard to like this, [b]but I can't get past the Nigerian accent.
I'm sorry, I just can't. It's a deal-breaker for me.

[/b]
I bet you think "Kunle Afolayan" sound like a Russian or Ameri-kan!
What would yo rather he sound like?

Kunle is a Nigerian dude, get "past-it" or move-aside joor.

"Deal-breaker" my dark-arze!

Lastpage!
Re: Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie by MusicCafe: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2013
The art directing is top notch, the historical accuracy of the costume, building, cars and the general ambience are not unnoticed. Kunle Afolayan has set another standard. However, the colour grading aesthetic is not very reflective of the timing; is not particularly reflective of the era. May be a sepia not yellow/gold would have worked better, sepia has a way of transporting the audience back in time. Good Work Boss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's / The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) / Nigerian Cinema Etiquette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.