Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants (11532 Views)

Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / Nigerian Students In China Endorse Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Sijo01(f): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nigeria's always on the negative side of the news. Happy Independence my Father's land.
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by KKImoh: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
Brymo: obviously u r a rogue
madam! Yr words are harsh o! If u cant give them grants why send them on scholarship, dnt send ppl dia lyk slaves, 4GOD SAKE
NIGERIA IS DAT HABIT OF FORGETFULLNESS,
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Brymo: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
K.K Imoh:

abeg aunty leave dat tin, na racism we go chop, african dnt giv a Bleep.
u don't understand,a place were aren't needed,u don't go Dere.dats my pt n dats all,
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Asemo11(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Brymo: wit racism in Ru,naija still dai Dere nawa o:
with bomb in iraq naija dem still day there
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by ceejayluv(m): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
Brymo: u don't understand,a place were aren't needed,u don't go Dere.dats my pt n dats all,
If they weren't "needed", they wouldn't have been issued visas you know...
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Litmus: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
Forza p:

dis boy is madt sumhwgrin

You think it's reasonable behavior for Nigerians to go smashing up embassy all over the place? they smashed embassy in Senegal, now they thrash embassy in Moscow and people are calling for the same thing to happen in London. You think Nigerians are the only people with angst in the world?
Who knows, maybe you're of that same warped mindsets, existing in that strange bubble of delusion in which people supposedly have magic potions that can stop bullets. If so, it's no wonder you think i might be "madt" as you put it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by juman(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2013

Big nawa.
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by nijanigga: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
What did I tell you guys, when some people said they got Federal govt scholarship to study abroad? Read my comments then, below and you can very it.
"Study for free? never, trust me, only the connected got that scholarship, if you're a female candidate, you're highly likely to have slept with a govt official for favour,anyway, in Nigeria, they said Well no get meter . It will be on the news, when FG was unable to pay their allowances, ask Nigerian students presently in Russia and Ukraine.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 2 Likes
"
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by chukxie(m): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Horus: Do the Russian police have the right to enter the Nigerian Embassy building even at the request of Nigerian staff?

They should have called Nigerian Police abi?
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
THATS SMALL
THEY SHOULD'VE SET THAT PLACE ON FIRE
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Sagamite(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
Brymo: obviously u r a rogue

You are a person! That is what is obvious.
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Sagamite(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
Horus: Do the Russian police have the right to enter the Nigerian Embassy building even at the request of Nigerian staff?

What kind of question is this?

Apart from the fact that embassies do not have the security powers to police their embassy, do I have the right to enter your house even if you invite me to enter?
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Sagamite(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
Brymo: u don't understand,a place were aren't needed,u don't go Dere.dats my pt n dats all,

If a place can better educate you to read and write, which your moronic arsse can't do, then you can go there.
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2013

How u take know so that racism too much? u don live there or na too much of reading western newspaper de do u dis thing?
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Pattey(m): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
If I'm not mistaken, whatever happens inside the embassy should remain subject to Nigeria's sovereign laws. I don't think they should be prosecuted by Russians for 'an offence' committed on 'international territory'; which is what the embassy is.

That said; Nigeria just toooo like misplaced priorities. Isn't it beneficial to pay em their living grants? Or do we wait until they do drugs etc so as to survive? It is well Ooo my people!
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by zizimania: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
that is the reason why every nigerian youth have to face reality in every aspect of life...no 1 ready to assist,it's left to everybody 2 carry their own cross....i wish those student good luck sha.
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by redsun(m): 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
I saw the nigerian high commission in london entourage on BEN TV yesterday being grilled by angry nigerians.They pathetic,infact i felt sorry for the old man called ambassador.He was looking and acting so uninformed,same as his crew.
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by adeyrule(m): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
Omo nija dey ves ooooo
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by ennon92(m): 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
50calibre: Why must Nigeria always be different, common grants for students, is a tug of war.

What type of country is Nigeria? Different embarrassing tales about Nigeria emerging from all corners of the world

The other day it was money missing from Nigeria's New York embassy, then came complaints about Nigerian embassy in Canada & now this. It looks like Nigerian embassies are nothing but just proxies by which corrupt practices are carried out.

I won't be surprised if the funds meant for those students were embezzled by one person.

The students should have gone in there with a gun & shot everyone dead.
out of context....
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by ennon92(m): 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
martin92: Let Nigeria students follow suit and get compensation 4rm FG and ASUU over dia house rent in skul cos i cant imagine paying 90k 4 a house dat am nt living,no tanx 2 da strike
c'mon 90k ontop wetin...abeg comot 4here
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by latour: 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
I can relate with the students. I was once under fg scholarship in cuba and on several occasions our grants were delayed for months. it took us on t.wo occasion s going to the embassy to hold them hostage for 2 days before the money appeared and on one instance destroyed things in the Embassy. the ambassador usually collaborate with d scholarship board to fix d money
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by ennon92(m): 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
nijanigga: What did I tell you guys, when some people said they got Federal govt scholarship to study abroad? Read my comments then, below and you can very it.
"Study for free? never, trust me, only the connected got that scholarship, if you're a female candidate, you're highly likely to have slept with a govt official for favour,anyway, in Nigeria, they said Well no get meter . It will be on the news, when FG was unable to pay their allowances, ask Nigerian students presently in Russia and Ukraine.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 2 Likes
"
forgery.
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Sagamite(m): 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
ennon92: go try it with Nigerian police, they gonna smash ur head with baton.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Horus(m): 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Sagamite:

What kind of question is this?

Apart from the fact that embassies do not have the security powers to police their embassy, do I have the right to enter your house even if you invite me to enter?

I asked this question because I dont know if Russia signed the Convention. Under the terms of the 1961 United Nations Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, embassies remain under the jurisdiction of the nation they represent, meaning that police have no authority within an embassy. The Convention is the cornerstone of international relations, and has been signed by more than 200 countries.
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by dapojaja(m): 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
ennon92: go try it with Nigerian police, they gonna smash ur head with baton.

Nigerian police or not "u got to fight for what u believe in" check ur own very signature

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by ThaProphet(m): 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
Horus:

I asked this question because I dont know if Russia signed the Convention. Under the terms of the 1961 United Nations Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, embassies remain under the jurisdiction of the nation they represent, meaning that police have no authority within an embassy. The Convention is the cornerstone of international relations, and has been signed by more than 200 countries.

Yes. The point however is that what police force should they have used, if not the Russian police? Also, if the Embassy called the Russian police force to help in the situation, why shouldn't they enter the embassy?
Re: Nigerian Students 'Trash' Embassy In Moscow Over Grants by Horus(m): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
ThaProphet:

Yes. The point however is that what police force should they have used, if not the Russian police? Also, if the Embassy called the Russian police force to help in the situation, why shouldn't they enter the embassy?

In some countries who signed the Convention, the police will refuse to enter the embassy premises even if called, this is why when there was the attack by Nigerian citizens on the Nigerian embassy in Dakar the Senegalese police, was accused of failing to protect the embassy. The police refused to intervene even though they were alerted to the attack.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Demarcate Ebonyi And Benue Boundary To Avert Further Killings / Malami Replies Magu: I Will Gladly Testify Before Salami Panel / Picture Update: Urban Roads In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.