Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android (4617 Views)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! / Airtel BIS Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by firetrap(m): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
so I was using the Airtel unlimited internet daily bundle on my android and suddenly it stopped connecting. thinking it was due to bad network I turned off my data service and waited. after a few hours I turned it back on and still it wasn't connecting. so I called customer care and was told that henceforth the bis will not work for android. has anyone experienced this today
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Kendzyma(m): 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
Stil rockin wit min tho nt unlimitd
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by firetrap(m): 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
Kendzyma: Stil rockin wit min tho nt unlimitd

I had to deactivate it and buy the daily 10mb to be able to continue using my remaining mb
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Zet72(m): 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
firetrap: so I was using the Airtel unlimited internet daily bundle on my android and suddenly it stopped connecting. thinking it was due to bad network I turned off my data service and waited. after a few hours I turned it back on and still it wasn't connecting. so I called customer care and was told that henceforth the bis will not work for android. has anyone experienced this today
what did u aspect the customer care to tell u, & What settings are u using?
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by dmelia: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
Zet72: what did u aspect the customer care to tell u, & What settings are u using?
please what setting should I use
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Slimboy94(m): 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
firetrap: so I was using the Airtel unlimited internet daily bundle on my android and suddenly it stopped connecting. thinking it was due to bad network I turned off my data service and waited. after a few hours I turned it back on and still it wasn't connecting. so I called customer care and was told that henceforth the bis will not work for android. has anyone experienced this today
wat u did was very bad,how can u call customer care to ask why a cheat is not working again do u think they supported it before..........please think before u do sumfin and mind u my own is still blazing here

5 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by ellyrichy(m): 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
firetrap:

I had to deactivate it and buy the daily 10mb to be able to continue using my remaining mb
some pips can be very silly. Why should you call airtel and ask them y bis isn't working for android. Jeez

5 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Mannylex(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
Madness, sheer madness.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Osyxcel(m): 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Lolz... They knew all these while that it's working on all platforms.

So far they still credit Ur sim with the MB, just subscribe to 4MB plan @N50 (*141*11*9) after subscribing to any BIS plan.

Airtel wants to make more money jor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by civilserva: 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
You still need to be educated. BIS is not meant for Android but for BlackBerry devices. The data allowance for bis is higher because of data compression technology deployed in BlackBerry NOC. So Airtel allowing Bis for Android which operators blocked should be seen as privilege not a right. So never you call customer service for any issue relating to bis on Android.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by firetrap(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
the lot of you who are screaming blue murder are the ones who need to be educated. who told y'all that Airtel does not know or have no idea that's its being used by other platforms. how do u guys think that I started using it in the first place. I got a call from customer care a few months ago that I could use it on my phone even though I told them that I didn't use a blackberry phone I was still told that ur would work. so please don't act like ur cheating them cos ur not. they know perfectly well that its working on android and can disable it at anytime but being the cash cow that's its turned out to be for them I'm 100% sure they'll never block it

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Justiyke4u: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
Check the thread below is still working
www.nairaland.com/1362545/get-6gb-unlimited-3-months
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Ositainklord(m): 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
ellyrichy: some pips can be very silly. Why should you call airtel and ask them y bis isn't working for android. Jeez
Don't mind him! that's extremely foolhardy of the boy. Smh
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Zet72(m): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
dmelia: please what setting should I use
As for me I use 2 settings,
internet. Ng. Airtel. Com,
wap. Ng. Airtel. Com as APN, I interchange whenever the network start fucking up.
And u can also use only ur portable wifi hotspot by swishing it on
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
firetrap:

next time don't waste your data by deactivating, simply register the 10mb normally and the 2 will be automatically merged with expiry period extended as necessary.

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Stanley08(m): 5:39am On Oct 02, 2013
Posting with it on my S4. 2GB for 1.5K
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Osyxcel(m): 6:36am On Oct 02, 2013
trae_z:

next time don't waste your data by deactivating, simply register the 10mb normally and the 2 will be automatically merged with expiry period extended as necessary.

Deactivating doesn't remove Ur remaining data, it only stops the service, and disable automatic renewals. Ur data and expiry date still remains.
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 02, 2013
Osyxcel:

Deactivating doesn't remove Ur remaining data, it only stops the service, and disable automatic renewals. Ur data and expiry date still remains.

Disabling auto renewal is different from deactivation.

I seriously doubt that simply disabling auto renewal will make your connection magically start working. Anyway what ever rocks your boat sha.

But most people i know myself inclusive who had connection problems merely added the N100 plan to our existing BIS and we were good to go.
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Osyxcel(m): 10:38am On Oct 02, 2013
trae_z:

Disabling auto renewal is different from deactivation.

I seriously doubt that simply disabling auto renewal will make your connection magically start working. Anyway what ever rocks your boat sha.

But most people i know myself inclusive who had connection problems merely added the N100 plan to our existing BIS and we were good to go.

Yes, but if you read my post well, U'll understand what I mean.

"Stopautorenew" only stops the auto renewal, but deactivating will stop the service, which automatically means that autorenew won't work.

Deactivation or stopping Ur autorenew won't make Ur connection work, unless U add d 4mb plan or 10mb plan. (or any oda nrmal plan)

But deactivation allows you to subscribe to another BIS plan immediately (even though d current one is yet to expire). This is useful if U want to accumulate multiple MB.

For instance, you can use N400 to get 480MB almost immediately by subscribing to 240MB @ N200, then you deactivate, then you can resubscribe again.

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2013
Osyxcel:
...But deactivation allows you to subscribe to another BIS plan immediately (even though d current one is yet to expire). This is useful if U want to accumulate multiple MB.

For instance, you can use N400 to get 480MB almost immediately by subscribing to 240MB @ N200, then you deactivate, then you can resubscribe again.

Wrong bro.
You can add a regular data plan to an existing BIS without deactivating. I've done it twice.
You can also add a new BIS plan to an existing one without deactivating. I've also done that before.
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by jude33084(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Airtel is digging their grave I tell you angry

that is the only way they keep customers
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by jacksol(m): 1:12am On Oct 03, 2013
jude33084: Airtel is digging their grave I tell you angry

that is the only way they keep customers

You may be right. I think the data speed is dropping drastically - at least that',s my experience.
After reading so much talk about multi-platforming with Airtel BBS, I went and got the N1.5k 2Gig a few days ago.
It "works" on my MTN Fastlink, but it's so slow that each time I click a link, it takes 10 to 20 seconds to make up its mind.
Then it unfolds the page at sub-gprs speeds! At this rate, I 'll be surprised if I consume up to 300 Meg before the 30 days is up.
Or, does anyone think there's something I could do? The moment I slip my MTN SIM back, I fly circa 5 MBytes/s
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 21, 2013
firetrap: the lot of you who are screaming blue murder are the ones who need to be educated. who told y'all that Airtel does not know or have no idea that's its being used by other platforms. how do u guys think that I started using it in the first place. I got a call from customer care a few months ago that I could use it on my phone even though I told them that I didn't use a blackberry phone I was still told that ur would work. so please don't act like ur cheating them cos ur not. they know perfectly well that its working on android and can disable it at anytime but being the cash cow that's its turned out to be for them I'm 100% sure they'll never block it
are u sure.pls help its not still working over here I use galaxy young.anybody who has knowledge of this thing should help out
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
Airtel bis stopped working on my phone this afternoon. They blocked or is it another network problem? Cuz blackberry icon is not showing on my bb.

Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
xperiencing problems at my end, just hoping its network sha..
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
It still works fine and well.

That's what I am using to post now
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 22, 2013
oh u're ryt donpuzo its finally working. turns out its poor network that was the problem
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Hotdiamond(m): 9:27am On Nov 22, 2013
a friend of mine called and said that it's not connecting. I've never had problems with connections ever.
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by haibe(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2013
Slimboy94:
wat u did was very bad,how can u call customer care to ask why a cheat is not working again do u think they supported it before..........please think before u do sumfin and mind u my own is still blazing here

As in some people dull no.be small
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Excelboi(m): 10:42am On Nov 22, 2013
Working fine and i even subscribed for anoda 2gb yesternite... Airtel too good
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by Ositainklord(m): 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
Osyxcel:

Yes, but if you read my post well, U'll understand what I mean.

"Stopautorenew" only stops the auto renewal, but deactivating will stop the service, which automatically means that autorenew won't work.

Deactivation or stopping Ur autorenew won't make Ur connection work, unless U add d 4mb plan or 10mb plan. (or any oda nrmal plan)

But deactivation allows you to subscribe to another BIS plan immediately (even though d current one is yet to expire). This is useful if U want to accumulate multiple MB.

pls I really need the N200 240 mb code. care to share?
Re: Airtel BIS Service Has Stopped Working On Android by amurx(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Osita_inklord:
pls I really need the N200 240 mb code. care to share?
send bbud3 to 440 or dial *440*018#

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Fix Null IMEI / Unknown Baseband On A Spreadtrum Android Phone / Mouth Watering Specs Of The Newest, Slimest Metal Smartphone Ever Itel1507 / WOW!! Check Out This Cool Stuff You Can Do With GOOGLE ALLO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.