Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police (22245 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi Buying Akara In Jos (photo) / Onazi Ogenyi Praying At TB Joshua's Prayer Mountain / Ogenyi Onazi Reading Newspaper At A Vendor's Stand (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Fitzy4real(m): 6:29am On Oct 02, 2013
Lazio midfielder Eddy Onazi is the talk of Rome today after chasing down a mugger and handing him over to local cops!

There was no way the Nigerian was going to let a local villain get away with stealing from a Rome tourist.

"I was having dinner with my brother near to the Termini Station and there were some tourists sitting next to us,” Onazi told LazioStyle Radioafter the story hit the headlines.

“I saw a boy and immediately felt due to his suspicious behaviour that he wanted to steal something. I didn’t even have time to tell my brother that he had already snatched the tourist’s wallet and run off.
“I noticed it, so I ran after him, but stayed on the other side of the street. I ran for 300 metres, the mugger left the wallet under a car, but I saw him.

“I chased him down and brought him back to the restaurant, avoiding the ire of the people around there. I told the restaurant owner to call the police and we brought the wallet back to the lady. She was in tears and thanked me, as the wallet was full of money.

“At that point, seeing as the situation had been resolved, my brother and I left.”

www.tribalfootball.com/articles/lazio-ace-eddy-onazi-captures-rome-mugger-and-hands-him-local-cops-3983346

3 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by donigspain(m): 6:45am On Oct 02, 2013
Good Samaritan Nigerian.
The environment we live in Nigeria has trained us to be uncertified detectives. The mentality of the 'next person is a suspect' has been programmed into our subconscious. Little wonder Onazi, even while eating (relaxing) still kept monitoring movements around him which enabled him to identify the mugger-boy.
God bless Detective Onazi...
PS:
Frontpage Material
gringrin*Firstus Tu Commentus*gringrin
I'll be back to count my 'LIKES'.cheesy
NINE HOURS LATER:
Thank you all for sowing a seed (LIKE) into my life. You can imagine the feeling of shock and ecstasy when I logged in only to meet the picture below:

Today has been a good day. The most memorable day of my stay in Nairaland. The highest number of likes I've ever received in one post was 91. But look at me today, the story has changed (wipes tears).
With only 8 days left to my NYSC POP, my hardcore Tiv principal shocked me today by giving me 93% on my Form 2B assessment sheet. Oh, I'm so overjoyed.
Please, lets continue sowing the seed (LIKE). Just maybe it might turn to some figures in my bank account.
Thank you all once again...grin

222 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Fitzy4real(m): 6:48am On Oct 02, 2013
donigspain: Good Samaritan Nigerian.
The environment we live in Nigeria has trained us to be uncertified detectives. The mentality of the 'next person is a suspect' has been programmed into our subconscious. Little wonder Onazi, even while eating (relaxing) still kept monitoring movements around him which enabled him to identify the mugger-boy.
PS:
Frontpage Material
gringrin*Firstus Tu Commentus*grin;

Amen
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Tolexander: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2013
“I chased him down and
brought him back to the
restaurant, avoiding the ire
of the people around there.
I told the restaurant owner
to call the police and we
brought the wallet back to
the lady. She was in tears
and thanked me, as the
wallet was full of money
if na for nollywood, romeo and juliet, jack and rose things don start be that.

Thanks onazi for the good news from you unlike many bad news we hear from our citizens out there.

8 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by shininglite(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2013
Chai onazi dey mark in nd out of d feild. Dis is a gud development for our world cup qualifer against Ethiopia cheesy grin

14 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by ayusco85(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2013
U for use A̶̲̥̅♏ score goal na. grin. But thank God he wasn't holding A̶̲̥̅ gun. Him for blow ur guts out. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by clip: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2013
Moderator to the front page please.
Let us celebrate our own. Catching a mugger.and not being one.
Bad news is always associated with Nigeria. Let good news be associated with Nigeria more.

2 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Danhumprey: 8:23am On Oct 02, 2013
This is indeed good news! It pays to be alert at all time,no matter what we are doing. Onazi was relaxing,but he didn't let that relaxation to dull his nerves,hence he was alert.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by lexyman(m): 9:16am On Oct 02, 2013
Good one Onazi ! Pls replicate the same spirit against Ethiopians , cos they may appear as another mugger , I know they can't steal our victory in Addis Ababa ...

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by lexyman(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2013
Good one Onazi ! Pls replicate the same spirit against Ethiopians , cos they may appear as another mugger , I know they can't steal our victory in Addis Ababa ...
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by obicentlis: 9:25am On Oct 02, 2013
Good one!
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Big4wig(m): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2013
Badest guy ever Liveth

11 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2013
Dats ma guy, i too like that guy. Scoan don train am well, no be like mikel weh dey go look woman n.yash for Brazil

2 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Wendyslim(f): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by PurpleHouse(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2013
He took a huge risk! What if the guy was holding a Gun? Anyway, thank God he wasn't and good job Onazi! But Biko Bia, **draws ear** pls don't try this in Nigeria! Best u'll do is just call the Pollice or alert the Crowd within so that u don't turn out to become the one being Chased! Good Job!

2 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Burger01(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2013
Mugger catcher. Nice one.

Btw, Chinese couple living in Lagos gave birth to a black baby. In anger, husband asked the wife......Chu! why baby black? She replied, we live in Nigeria, no electricity.... me hot, you hot, sex hot.... baby burnt!

cool

39 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Nokio1: 9:29am On Oct 02, 2013
Thank you for helping the Nigerian police of rome!
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by kaeto(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2013
donigspain: Good Samaritan Nigerian.
PS:
Frontpage Material
gringrin*Firstus Tu Commentus*gringrin
I'll be back to count my 'LIKES'.cheesy
you won't get even 1 'like' because you typed this long gabbage for 'likes'. I might even steal the show..
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Lilimax(f): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2013
Go guy... wink
Such a brave guy!
At least our battered image in the international
community has been salvaged by this one act smiley.

2 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by vladimiros: 9:29am On Oct 02, 2013
MUMu thief

you go "ole mode" near Nigerian and you don't expect to be caught..

if Onazi no fear god him and him Broda for don Bring tire burn you there

Mtscheeeww

5 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by immortalvoices(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2013
Herein Lies the "TRUE POWER OF NIJA"

Onazi you ar indeed a life saver!!!
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by myOGAonTOP: 9:30am On Oct 02, 2013
NIGERIA : GOOD PEOPLE, great nation.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by martyns303(m): 9:32am On Oct 02, 2013
Cocktail party effect.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by damosky12(m): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2013
NO NOSENCE GUY. Thats good of him. Am sure thats gonna make him more famous not only for football playing but leading by good examples.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by sunsky29(m): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2013
i tok am...4get the mata jor.naija na my nation...
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by ujahboy(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2013
Nix one broda. At least we hv a gud tin to celebrate today
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Nikapetrelli(f): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2013
Gud one
Re: Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police by Jayses(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2013
J

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Owners Buy French Ligue 1 Club Strasbourg / Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes / Chelsea Offers Alvaro Morata Plus €55m For Gonzalo Higuain and Daniele Rugani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.