Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? (1599 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Did Jesus Drink Alcohol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Is drinking of alcohol really a sin the bible. Are christian forbidden from drinking it?. Can i take some as a christian?. I need a thorough explanation from u guys wit bible passages to back up ur points. Thanks.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by God2man(m): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
Paul told timothy to take a little for his illness and Jesus turned water into wine.

Versus

The admonition of King solomon,
Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging, and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. Proverb 20:1

The big question?

Is it the same wine? Or another type of wine?

Do your research very well.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by taiocol: 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sacred scriptures only forbids drunkenness.

1 Like

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Tuntheycr7: 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Brb lemme charg ma fone

1 Like

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is drinking of alcohol really a sin the bible. Are christian forbidden from drinking it?. Can i take some as a christian?. I need a thorough explanation from u guys wit bible passages to back up ur points. Thanks.

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by bizmahn: 2:50am On Dec 10, 2013
There is alcoholic wine & non alcoholic wine.Jesus as a holy,undefiled,sinless,consecrated personality of God never created or offered anyone "ALCOHOLIC" wine in the wedding in Cana.Paul never asked timothy to drink beer.There is NON-ALCOHOLIC wine for Christs sake.Let us be wise.
"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. " (Matthew 5:29).
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:31am On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn: There is alcoholic wine & non alcoholic wine.Jesus as a holy,undefiled,sinless,consecrated personality of God never created or offered anyone "ALCOHOLIC" wine in the wedding in Cana.Paul never asked timothy to drink beer.There is NON-ALCOHOLIC wine for Christs sake.Let us be wise.
"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. " (Matthew 5:29).
ok
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 22, 2013
God2man: Paul told timothy to take a little for his illness and Jesus turned water into wine.

Versus

The admonition of King solomon,
Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging, and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. Proverb 20:1

The big question?

Is it the same wine? Or another type of wine?

Do your research very well.

God bless you.
God2man.

wine is wine. It is not a sin unless you get drunk.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:02am On Dec 22, 2013
kolawaxxy:
wine is wine. It is not a sin unless you get drunk.
did jesus drank alchohol
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Sezua(m): 9:17am On Dec 22, 2013
nt again
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by woky: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is drinking of alcohol really a sin the bible. Are christian forbidden from drinking it?. Can i take some as a christian?. I need a thorough explanation from u guys wit bible passages to back up ur points. Thanks.
mango grin

is this ur last thread
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:30am On Dec 22, 2013
woky: mango grin

is this ur last thread
be wise. This is nt a new thread. Ok?
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2013
The wrong thing abt taking alcohol is not the alcohol itself.

Alcohol is not a sin wen taken and u are still in control.

The only reason is wen it overrides ur senses and it's influence controls u....

Here, let it be recorded that i'm not saying u shld take enuff since u can still think...

We all knw there's no way we can think and we won't knw we are tIpsy. That is a sin.

Alcohol is a grt source of energy. Therefore taking a shot after or during work is nuttin bad....

But wen u drink to stupor is a sin
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by woky: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn: There is alcoholic wine & non alcoholic wine.Jesus as a holy,undefiled,sinless,consecrated personality of God never created or offered anyone "ALCOHOLIC" wine in the wedding in Cana.Paul never asked timothy to drink beer.There is NON-ALCOHOLIC wine for Christs sake.Let us be wise.
what wine did Noah drank in Genesis 9:21-24?
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by woky: 9:35am On Dec 22, 2013
Ukuts gp: be wise. This is nt a new thread. Ok?
ok grin
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by PastorKun(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2013
Deuteronomy 14:26
26 and thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thy soul desireth, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul asketh of thee; and thou shalt eat there before Jehovah thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou and thy household.

For those who like to deceive themselves that there is non alcoholic wine in the bible, the above passage states that believers can drink strong drink and there is no doubt that strong drink is alcoholic. In fact some bible versions use the word beer instead of strong drink.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2013
woky: ok grin
alrite. U can make ur contribution
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by PastorKun(m): 9:48am On Dec 22, 2013
Luke 7:33
33 For John the Baptist is come eating no bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a demon.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold, a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Our lord Jesus christ also made it clear that he regularly used to consume alcoholic wine (hence the trem winebibber) so I really don't know were some people get this illusion that christians are not supposed to drink. The bible simply says moderation is key.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2013
woky: what wine did Noah drank in Genesis 9:21-24?
i hope u know the resultant effect after drinking that strong alcoholic wine. When he went naked.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Krasid(m): 10:04am On Dec 22, 2013
The bible does not forbid alcohol.The only sin is to get drunk with alcohol.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by woky: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2013
Ukuts gp: i hope u know the resultant effect after drinking that strong alcoholic wine. When he went naked.
yea.. I knw, jst tryin to let him knw that the word "Wine" in the bible can also be referred as alcoholic wine
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2013
when u say non-alcoholic wine, do u imply that some wine does not contain alcohol at all?
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2013
woky: yea.. I knw, jst tryin to let him knw that the word "Wine" in the bible can also be referred as alcoholic wine
yea.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by spencerwilliams(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2013
Drinkin alcohol is bad,it is a sin b4 God,every true child of God must nt drink alcoholic wine or strong drink.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by woky: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2013
Ukuts gp: yea.
do you drink alcohol?
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Freddestiny(f): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
All I kw is drink but don't be drunk and my favorite drink is AMARULA. I can finish 750ml nd still be vry active as for me nutin is wrong with alcohol as long u r not drunk. smiley
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Liar! Go and check the meaning of wine, you would see that it must be alcoholic. If it is not, then, it is not a wine. Why, before the final product (wine) fermentation must take place. Wine is made from grape, I hope you know that. Jesus turned water to wine, and real wine it was, even better in taste. If it was not wine Jesus made, then, it would not have been called wine. Stop using bible to back up lies. Please.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pastor Kun: Deuteronomy 14:26
26 and thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thy soul desireth, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul asketh of thee; and thou shalt eat there before Jehovah thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou and thy household.

For those who like to deceive themselves that there is non alcoholic wine in the bible, the above passage states that believers can drink strong drink and there is no doubt that strong drink is alcoholic. In fact some bible versions use the word beer instead of strong drink.
Let me tell you sir, that there is nothing like non-alcoholic wine. A wine must go thru fermentation and the final product must be alcoholic. Wine is different from strong drink, still other contain alcohol. Grab a dictionary and look for the meaning of wine. Yet, nothing is wrong in taking wine or Strong drink, but ability to know your limit is very crucial. You are still very much on point though.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pastor Kun: Luke 7:33
33 For John the Baptist is come eating no bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a demon.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold, a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Our lord Jesus christ also made it clear that he regularly used to consume alcoholic wine (hence the trem winebibber) so I really don't know were some people get this illusion that christians are not supposed to drink. The bible simply says moderation is key.
The more you know the bible, the more u see how stupid and ignorant a lot of Christians are. You wonder where they got their own version of Christianity from. Do u blame them? They are just voicing what their pastors shoved down their throats.

1 Like

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
woky: yea.. I knw, jst tryin to let him knw that the word "Wine" in the bible can also be referred as alcoholic wine
Wine must be alcoholic. Any form of non-alcoholic drink can never be wine. Juice and wine are two different thing.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ukuts gp: when u say non-alcoholic wine, do u imply that some wine does not contain alcohol at all?
If he meant that, then he did not know what he was talking about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Greedy Pastors, God’s Endtime Generals And The Nigerian Church, By FFK / No Such Thing As Too Late: Chris Oyakhilome / CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.