Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? (1601 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Did Jesus Drink Alcohol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by bizmahn: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pastor Kun: Deuteronomy 14:26
26 and thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thy soul desireth, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul asketh of thee; and thou shalt eat there before Jehovah thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou and thy household.

For those who like to deceive themselves that there is non alcoholic wine in the bible, the above passage states that believers can drink strong drink and there is no doubt that strong drink is alcoholic. In fact some bible versions use the word beer instead of strong drink.
You see yourself? You will easily go to the old testament to magnet scriptures that support alcohol drinking & your inordinate lusts but when the same old testament demands/requires tithes,animal sacrifices,sabbath observance & the likes, you declare them abolished.Who's fooling who?
For those that have ears, we are in the new testament dispensation of Christs requirement of sinless righteousness.Christ increased the requirement of righteousness & didn't reduce it matt.5:21-48.Alcohol is addictive as much as cocaine.You may say you only sip little but MANY ADDICTS STARTED WITH A SIP.Do not start what you will later regret.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by bizmahn: 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
tpacalipse: The more you know the bible, the more u see how stupid and ignorant a lot of Christians are. You wonder where they got their own version of Christianity from. Do u blame them? They are just voicing what their pastors shoved down their throats.
You sound familiar.Once Kun appears with his usual crap,there are folks you expect to see around...and vise versa (edited)
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by bizmahn: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ukuts gp: when u say non-alcoholic wine, do u imply that some wine does not contain alcohol at all?
bro, visit any supermart in town and ask for non alcoholic wine with 0% alcohol and you are offered so many varieties in that range.If unholy sinful man can make wine with zero alcohol 0% why is it difficult for people to agree that Jesus a sinless holy personality made zero alcohol 0% wine in cana.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by truthislight: 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
Kamsy10:

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church

Are you aware that this action is called derailing of thread and it is an offence in NL to do such ^ ?

Cant you read the op ? What you posted and the op, are they on the same line ?

Smh for you
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by bizmahn: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pastor Kun: Luke 7:33
33 For John the Baptist is come eating no bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a demon.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold, a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Our lord Jesus christ also made it clear that he regularly used to consume alcoholic wine (hence the trem winebibber) so I really don't know were some people get this illusion that christians are not supposed to drink. The bible simply says moderation is key.
Behold how this fellow will subvert scriptures that had nothing to show that Jesus ever took alcoholic wine, all to tag the sinless son of God a drunkard & all to canvass support for an evil habit.
Well its not new.Even if you want to twist scriptures to allow you engage in gay relationships there are many ways to do it.Present day gay churches even preach that John the beloved leaning on the bossom of Jesus in the last supper means they had gay relationship.God have mercy on you folks.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by PastorKun(m): 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn:
You see yourself? You will easily go to the old testament to magnet scriptures that support alcohol drinking & your inordinate lusts but when the same old testament demands/requires tithes,animal sacrifices,sabbath observance & the likes, you declare them abolished.Who's fooling who?
For those that have ears, we are in the new testament dispensation of Christs requirement of sinless righteousness.Christ increased the requirement of righteousness & didn't reduce it matt.5:21-48.Alcohol is addictive as much as cocaine.You may say you only sip little but MANY ADDICTS STARTED WITH A SIP.Do not start what you will later regret.

I am glad you acknowledge that the verse supports drinking of alcohol. Why are you then lying all over the thread that a christian is not meant to take alcohol. You even lied to the extent as saying that the wine Jesus produced was of inferior quality by labelling it non alcoholic even though there is no scriptural evidence for it. Obviously you are regurgitating the trash you have been fed by an equally mis led person.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by truthislight: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn:

Why not quote the Bible NT to show that alcoholic drink is a sin and not just tell people from your head ?

It seems the only sin that pentecostal churches sees/know and preach this days is "alcohol is a sin", contrary to what the bible says and from scriptural evidences.

The bible is a ballance book that shows us the two sides of every thing we do even the talk we talk and what we say, that the bible says the tongue is dengerouse, does that mean we should not talk again ?

Please, i dare you to proof that alcohol is a sin from the scriptures, hence you should better keep quite for ever and for good on this matter.

So, go ahead, am waiting.

Peace.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by truthislight: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn:
You sound familiar.Once Kun appears with his usual crap,there are folks you expect to see around...and vise versa (edited)

Who should be the liar here sef ?

You or him ?

Its like you are not happy seeing people like us in this forum. cool

well, sorry, the truth cannot be hidden, if what you have is backed by God's word the bible, you dont need to border that people "like pastor kun are always around".

1 Like

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by bizmahn: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I am glad you acknowledge that the verse supports drinking of alcohol. Why are you then lying all over the thread that a christian is not meant to take alcohol. You even lied to the extent as saying that the wine Jesus produced was of inferior quality by labelling it non alcoholic even though there is no scriptural evidence for it. Obviously you are regurgitating the trash you have been fed by an equally mis led person.
And which misled personality fed you the trash you spew all the time on this forum.Was the verse addressing Christian believers or Jews.The old testament also supports polygamy,bloody vengeance,marriage between blood half relatives,animal sacrifices,fighting & destroying enemy nations,divorce of any kind etc.I suppose these are for christians too in your definition.
I won't waste my time further.I only reply such threads to shield the SINCERE FEW that will fall into the deception of folks like you.So far I have accomplished my purpose.
If you are a drunkard or defiled, please go ahead and drink to your fill till you stand before God in judgement.Quit dragging innocent uncontaminated souls down with you.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by truthislight: 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn:
bro, visit any supermart in town and ask for non alcoholic wine with 0% alcohol and you are offered so many varieties in that range.If unholy sinful man can make wine with zero alcohol 0% why is it difficult for people to agree that Jesus a sinless holy personality made zero alcohol 0% wine in cana.

Yeah, lipton tea is a "non alcoholic wine".

But a non alcoholic wine is an oxymoron:

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." (Proverbs 20:1).

Is that ^ "non alcoholic wine" ?

bible wine has alcohol.

read that ^ and upgrade your ignorance.

Palm "wine" comes from God with alcohol in it naturally, you empty headed false tradition teacher, learn the truth and leave falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by bizmahn: 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
truthislight:

Why not quote the Bible NT to show that alcoholic drink is a sin and not just tell people from your head ?

It seems the only sin that pentecostal churches sees/know and preach this days is "alcohol is a sin", contrary to what the bible says and from scriptural evidences.

The bible is a ballance book that shows us the two sides of every thing we do even the talk we talk and what we say, that the bible says the tongue is dengerouse, does that mean we should not talk again ?

Please, i dare you to proof that alcohol is a sin from the scriptures, hence you should better keep quite for ever and for good on this matter.

So, go ahead, am waiting.

Peace.
I won't waste my time further.I only reply such threads to shield the SINCERE FEW that will fall into the deception of folks like you.So far I have accomplished my purpose.
If you are a drunkard or defiled, please go ahead and drink to your fill till you stand before God in judgement.Quit dragging innocent uncontaminated souls down with you.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by bizmahn: 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
truthislight:

............. you empty headed false tradition teacher, learn the truth and leave falsehood.
Any surprise? You easily reveal your moral bankruptcy all the time.If I push you a little now & you pour out more filth.And yet we should listen to you & folks like kun on alcohol & christian matters? God forbid.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by truthislight: 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn:
Behold how this fellow will subvert scriptures that had nothing to show that Jesus ever took alcoholic wine, all to tag the sinless son of God a drunkard & all to canvass support for an evil habit.
Well its not new.Even if you want to twist scriptures to allow you engage in gay relationships there are many ways to do it.Present day gay churches even preach that John the beloved leaning on the bossom of Jesus in the last supper means they had gay relationship.God have mercy on you folks.

He has shown you what the bible says that does not support your lies, instead of accepting it, you are here shading crocodile tears.

Take the truth and free yourself from the lie that "alcohol is a sin."

1 Like

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by truthislight: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn:
And which misled personality fed you the trash you spew all the time on this forum.Was the verse addressing Christian believers or Jews.The old testament also supports polygamy,bloody vengeance,marriage between blood half relatives,animal sacrifices,fighting & destroying enemy nations,divorce of any kind etc.I suppose these are for christians too in your definition.

Nope!

You are rather the one passing out lies on this thread.

If the almighty asked for strong drink and took it, who are you to be more righteouse than the almighty himself ?

Woe on you for claiming to be over righteouse than the almighty:

"And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the intoxicating liquor (strong wine) to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering." (Numbers 28:7).

1 Like

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by truthislight: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
bizmahn:
Any surprise? You easily reveal your moral bankruptcy all the time.If I push you a little now & you pour out more filth.And yet we should listen to you & folks like kun on alcohol & christian matters? God forbid.

Run along now!

We dont need more lies from your kind here.

Take it to your churches where you feed the ignorant ones lies and collect their money.

1 Like

Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by woky: 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
tpacalipse: Wine must be alcoholic. Any form of non-alcoholic drink can never be wine. Juice and wine are two different thing.
ok

one question for you:

did the bible teaches that; drinking of alcohol is a sin??
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why are there no cases of drunkenness after people drank the miraculous wine of Jesus at the wedding in cana?
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
truthislight:

Are you aware that this action is called derailing of thread and it is an offence in NL to do such ^ ?

Cant you read the op ? What you posted and the op, are they on the same line ?

Smh for you
i hv reported this to the mods but nothing has been done about it. It is like derailing is allowed now on this forum. I will try it and see if they would ban me. And i will show them hw this fellow(kamsy) derailed all my threads and they kept quiet.
Re: Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
woky: ok

one question for you:

did the bible teaches that; drinking of alcohol is a sin??
Nope.

(1) (2) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie Happy Birthday / Apostle Johnson Suleiman U Are Stupid / Financial Fortune Encounter Testimonies..do Something To Change Your Levels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.