Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike (16659 Views)

ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report / Group Sues ASUU Over Strike / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike by fr3do(m): 3:09am On Oct 05, 2013
manny4life:

As much as I agree with him, university education is NOT a fundamental right let alone that of a student. Sorry boss, you need a lot of convincing because that part ain't working.

Anyway, good initiative.

too much technicality of the law amounts to injustice.
Re: Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike by Nauttyprof(m): 6:42am On Oct 05, 2013
When I started reading the whole story, I was glad that all parties involved were dragged to court but as I continued, I saw that ASUU is the victim. This lawyer is definitely sick, he has proven to Nigerians that the University system is sick and needs healing urgently as the approach he used by excluding others and only focusing on ASUU has only proven that point.

He mentioned right, and I'm like students deserve quality education and not crap. It's his likes that will still come out to claim that the present graduates are half baked, why won't they be? When things that ought to be put in place aren't made available. ASUU should fight this just course to the end as students are tired of repeated strike over the same issue.
Re: Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike by gentlelyfe(m): 7:16am On Oct 05, 2013
is it only ASUU dt he is sueing....d FG is d real cause of the strike...if d are not able to keep to dia agreement...they shudnt ve made such agreements in d frst place....so d FG to b blame and not ASUU
Re: Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike by ozerd8822: 7:48am On Oct 05, 2013
What on earth is this man saying 'that the court should compel ASUU to call of the strike while negotiation with federal govt continues....Am a student and I stand for the course ASUU is fighting we are done negotiating with govt
Re: Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike by kunlex79: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2013
Is not for ASUU to call off the strike,but the implementation should be met,cos if ASUU call off there is still a tendency that they will go on strike if the negotiation is ignored by the government.
Re: Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike by sonickay(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2013
manny4life:

As much as I agree with him, university education is NOT a fundamental right let alone that of a student. Sorry boss, you need a lot of convincing because that part ain't working.

Anyway, good initiative.
This lawyer na olodo rabata. Fundamental Directives of State Policy as enthrenched in the 1999 constitution in about four(4) sections isn't enforceable and no court of law in Nigeria can rule on it. It has always been a case of judicial restraint rather than judicial activism I.e restraining to give favorable judgment even when public opinion demands so unlike judicial activism that involves ruling based on the people's voice.
This action is surely bound to fail, he knows as well, he is just being optimistic, good move.
Besides, has he forgotten that an agreement without defects is fundamentally sacred?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Students: What's Your GPA? / OAU Pulls Out Of ASUU, Forms New Union / The Babcock Female Student Involved In The Leaked Sex Video Have Been Expelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.