Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,808 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Nigerian Online Chat App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Online Chat App (4153 Views)

I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Online Chat App by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Guys, pardon my ignorance but i just want to know if we have any online chat app that is owned by nigerian. Am a proud nigerian and always happen whenever i hear or see nigerians doing something really great for themselves, their family and the country at large despite so many challenges facing us. I've seen alot of chat apps on the internet such as the whatsap, 2go, skype, ebuddy, eskimi, facebook, yahoo messenger and the likes. But i don't know if nigerian application developers have anything in that respect. I am like i do call myself ''an amateur developer'' ,am only good with visual basic.net and oracle.
Some few months ago i decided to try my hands on online chat app- using vb.net, i studied the features of both whatsap and 2go, and try to merge some features to get something really great. I did the drawings and layout stuff, but when i started the coding it proved really tough than i'ld imagined cus i was using vb.net, so i just rested the project......... But i know we've have many great mobile app developers in this country and here on nairaland---- let's put something up, something really great, you can never tell what could happened alot of innovations in the world today started in someone's garrage.
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by jboy01(m): 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
chupere: Guys, pardon my ignorance but i just want to know if we have any online chat app that is owned by nigerian. Am a proud nigerian and always happen whenever i hear or see nigerians doing something really great for themselves, their family and the country at large despite so many challenges facing us. I've seen alot of chat apps on the internet such as the whatsap, 2go, skype, ebuddy, eskimi, facebook, yahoo messenger and the likes. But i don't know if nigerian application developers have anything in that respect. I am like i do call myself ''an amateur developer'' ,am only good with visual basic.net and oracle.
Some few months ago i decided to try my hands on online chat app- using vb.net, i studied the features of both whatsap and 2go, and try to merge some features to get something really great. I did the drawings and layout stuff, but when i started the coding it proved really tough than i'ld imagined cus i was using vb.net, so i just rested the project......... But i know we've have many great mobile app developers in this country and here on nairaland---- let's put something up, something really great, you can never tell what could happened alot of innovations in the world today started in someone's garrage.
Nice talk bro i also code with vb.net. but i think to develop a good social app for Nigerians, the app much work on almost all platform.
1) mobile app, which can be done with java, vb.net, c# for window phones.
2) desktop app, most especially window os which can be done with vb.net, c# as so on
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
yah, am talking about mobile app, cus most nigerians access the internet using their mobile phones..... i've already done specifications analysis on this. but don't really know anything about java. if anyone is ready, to join this project the little coding i did in vb.net we can translate it to a better language that works on mobile platform..
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by CODEEATER(m): 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Started one on Monday...project ChatOn...

Although android is my main focus,but if things go well..may go multi platform
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by macphillips: 12:54am On Oct 05, 2013
chupere: yah, am talking about mobile app, cus most nigerians access the internet using their mobile phones..... i've already done specifications analysis on this. but don't really know anything about java. if anyone is ready, to join this project the little coding i did in vb.net we can translate it to a better language that works on mobile platform..
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 7:12am On Oct 05, 2013
Any one with a nice front end for d chat app i can provide a server. I av one already. But u av to offer sometin unique with ur chat app if not it will join a very long list of unknown chat apps.
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by CODEEATER(m): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2013
dpuzo: Any one with a nice front end for d chat app i can provide a server. I av one already. But u av to offer sometin unique with ur chat app if not it will join a very long list of unknown chat apps.
me me me!!!!!! grin...the server side has been my headache.,d front end I can eat....so can u help?
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 10:31am On Oct 05, 2013
CODE-EATER:
me me me!!!!!! grin...the server side has been my headache.,d front end I can eat....so can u help?

ok,we need to talk more and i hope u av something different to offer and not just d same thing we see everywer.
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by CODEEATER(m): 11:39am On Oct 05, 2013
dpuzo:

ok,we need to talk more and i hope u av something different to offer and not just d same thing we see everywer.
first of all....wat do u consider to be "same thing we see everywhere"
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
CODE-EATER:

If u are going to recreate 2go den wats d point
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
CODE-EATER:

If u are going to recreate 2go den wats d point.
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by taiocol: 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
i dnt knw abt programming bt i can help u guys wit tips/style\ that may attrack users
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
taiocol: i dnt knw abt programming bt i can help u guys wit tips/style\ that may attrack users

like??
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by CODEEATER(m): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
We'v seen whatsapp...2go...bbm...

They all have wat makes them click..and what makes dem zNOT CLICK...

2go 4 example is cool especially on Andy, but the one thing people don't like about it is its go credit ish and a way for users to create a permanent group like whatsapp

Whatsapp,as world famous as it is would have been perfect if it was completely free and had chat rooms like 2go + its ability to create a user group...

Bbm....awesome,but available on BlackBerry only+ u have to give people ur pin b4 getin contacts... if only it had chat rooms like 2go..

Now what if we bring out all the traits of all that we like,n leave all d stuff people don't like...I.e an app that has all the good stuff, and non of the bad...+ a little pizazz of our own to spice it all up+ new UI...

That's wat ChatOn is about

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
CODE-EATER:

2go 4 example is cool especially on Andy, but the one thing people don't like about it is its go credit ish and a way for users to create a permanent group like whatsapp

Whatsapp,as world famous as it is would have been perfect if it was completely free and had chat rooms like 2go + its ability to create a user group...

Bbm....awesome,but available on BlackBerry only+ u have to give people ur pin b4 getin contacts... if only it had chat rooms like 2go..

Now what if we bring out all the traits of all that we like,n leave all d stuff people don't like...I.e an app that has all the good stuff, and non of the bad...+ a little pizazz of our own to spice it all up+ new UI...

So what exactly makes urs click? You know adding everything to your app is not rili a good idea
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by CODEEATER(m): 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
dpuzo:

So what exactly makes urs click? You know adding everything to your app is not rili a good idea
explain
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
CODE-EATER:
explain

Adding too many features makes it difficult to use and to bulky. Like whatsapp is very simple and has a single function.
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
CODE-EATER:

bro, all we need to do now is a little modification to an existing app... check facebook chat app and twitter chat app..... what i hand had in mind was to integrate some whatsap & 2go features to get something good, this can then be improved upon to higher versions as time goes.... the app i was designing has a ui where new users can register & old users can loginafter downloading the app online just like we have on skype...
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
dpuzo: Any one with a nice front end for d chat app i can provide a server. I av one already. But u av to offer sometin unique with ur chat app if not it will join a very long list of unknown chat apps.
we need to integrate some features whatsap and 2go, then a feature for new users to register just like we have on skype.... we can start with this and later make some upgrade as time goes on
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by taiocol: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
chupere:
bro, all we need to do now is a little modification to an existing app... check facebook chat app and twitter chat app..... what i hand had in mind was to integrate some whatsap & 2go features to get something good, this can then be improved upon to higher versions as time goes.... the app i was designing has a ui where new users can register & old users can loginafter downloading the app online just like we have on skype...
wat if integrate sme features of nimbuzz and 2go{just saying}?
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
we need to integrate some features whatsap and 2go, then a feature for new users to register just like we have on skype.... we can start with this and later make some upgrade as time goes on
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 12:16am On Oct 06, 2013
chupere:

And what are these features u want?
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2013
dpuzo:

And what are these features u want?
lyk in 2go, we need chat rooms, and ability to invite friends via themobile numba or username, and wit watsup, i'ld lyk the chat messager to appear dsame way, jus lyk we have on bbm... it should also have rich fonts nd smileys.
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by CODEEATER(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2013
Brodas...we're all saying same thing, integrating some of the best features off existing apps + adding our own little stuff to it
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2013
chupere:
lyk in 2go, we need chat rooms, and ability to invite friends via themobile numba or username, and wit watsup, i'ld lyk the chat messager to appear dsame way, jus lyk we have on bbm... it should also have rich fonts nd smileys.

so a 2go app dat looks like whatsapp?
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Brodas...we're all saying same thing, integrating some of the best features off existing apps + adding our own little stuff to it

ok. like i said i av server codes for a chat app wit oda social features. i can modify it if u av an app.
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by CODEEATER(m): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2013
dpuzo:

ok. like i said i av server codes for a chat app wit oda social features. i can modify it if u av an app.
OK...what can your server side do...

R we going to need an interface to communicate with server and app?
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by dpuzo: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
CODE-EATER:

OK...what can your server side do...

R we going to need an interface to communicate with server and app?

Basic chat stuff plus twitter like feed and follow relationship wich can b changed to a friend relationship like 2go and some oda stuff. Wat do u mean by interface?
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by Ajibel(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
What of a chat app based on finding people of your listed interests/hobbies
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by Tuntheycr7: 6:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hope to see this accomplishd.
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by halfhilloa: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2013
Any one with a nice front end for d chat app i can provide a server.[img]http://t.cn/zRyJUZ9[/img]
Re: Nigerian Online Chat App by CODEEATER(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
project chatOn proposed features:

1. free
2. in app form or web based
3. Group chat(similar to the ones on bbm and whatsapp)
4. open chatrooms + user defined chatrooms(as seen in 2go)
5. method of adding contact include=username,a pin,users near u(as seen in weChat,requires GPS),phoneNumber,addfrom chatrooms,searching(based on certain feartures or "tags? defined by the user.
6. a p.m system
7. a forum/community
8. user wall(as seen in fb) and the ability to follow a user or forum(as seen here on NL)
9. u tell me..

to vote for a fature u'l like to see,reply with the number atttached to it...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Do Programming Lessons In Portharcourt? / E-commerce Payment Solution Nigeria (interswitch/vpay/e-tranzact Payment) / Programming For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.