Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users (2185 Views)

I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. / I Need Someone Who Can Do A Chat App / How I Created My Personal Website Ground Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 11:07am On Sep 26, 2015
Nairalanders, i finished my nysc last year, am a web and mobile developer. I created this app called "RolUp" in my free time.
Kindly download the FREE app and tell me your opinion.
This is the app link on playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wRolUp&hl=en

Features of the app
The app is like telegram and whatsapp but with more features
1.You can create a group with more than 100 members
2.You can send anything with the app e.g files, document, applications etc
3.The app have cool stickers like the below image
4.You can create a secret chat with anyone
5.You can decide who will see you online.
.........................and so on.

NOTE: Since the app is also using the telegram API, then all app using the telegram api including telegram as well can communicate with each other. Thanks

Please submit your review on the app. Critics are welcomed.

Lets Rolup everyone to rolup app smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2015
great job op...
pls I would like to know how to create an app for android? ?
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by Liferace: 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2015
I downloaded the app,i think its nice. Though,no one to chat with yet grin.

May be the moderator can move it to front page so that you can have more downloads (just suggesting).

Wish you good luck OP.

Whatsapp and the rest start like that ,only that they are in more developed world with easy publicity .

By the way,did you do it all by yourself?

1 Like

Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2015
zleemshaddy:
great job op...

pls I would like to know how to create an app for android? ?

Thanks. I have send a pm to you.
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2015
Liferace:
I downloaded the app,i think its nice. Though,no one to chat with yet grin.

May be the moderator can move it to front page so that you can have more downloads (just suggesting).

Wish you good luck OP.

Whatsapp and the rest start like that ,only that they are in more developed world with easy publicity .

By the way,did you do it all by yourself?

Yes, though i had little help.

Thanks for the suggestion. But you can share the app with people.
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by jidez007: 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
markjohn04:
Nairalanders, i finished my nysc last year, am a web and mobile developer. I created this app called "RolUp" in my free time.
Kindly download the FREE app and tell me your opinion.
This is the app link on playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wRolUp&hl=en

Features of the app
The app is like telegram and whatsapp but with more features
1.You can create a group with more than 100 members
2.You can send anything with the app e.g files, document, applications etc
3.The app have cool stickers like the below image
4.You can create a secret chat with anyone
5.You can decide who will see you online.
.........................and so on.

Please submit your review on the app. Critics are welcomed.

Lets Rolup everyone to rolup app smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

this is telegram na, its open source
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
jidez007:

this is telegram na, its open source

Yeah the API is open source. But more than telegram shaa and i have already mentioned it on the app description page.
Thanks though.
Critics is welcomed.
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by jidez007: 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
markjohn04:

Yeah the API is open source. But more than telegram shaa and i have already mentioned it on the app description page.
Thanks though.
Critics is welcomed.

Ok if you read their licence https://github.com/DrKLO/Telegram/blob/master/LICENSE well, you should know, any app built with telegram should be open source as well and be on github.
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by directonpc(m): 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
Country of shortcut developers. Weldone anyway!
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
directonpc:
Country of shortcut developers. Weldone anyway!

Thanks. Shortcut indeed!!!!
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
jidez007:

Ok if you read their licence https://github.com/DrKLO/Telegram/blob/master/LICENSE well, you should know, any app built with telegram should be open source as well and be on github.

Thanks
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by directonpc(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2015
markjohn04:

Thanks. Shortcut indeed!!!!
Lol. No mind my words sha
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
See as you post sef no fit make front page cos u did no work. You didnt even give credits to Telegram. Omg, this is plagiarism. This is why u wont be empolyed. Pls change nd work hard. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
woski417:
See as you post sef no fit make front page cos u did no work.
You didnt even give credits to Telegram.
Omg, this is plagiarism.
This is why u wont be empolyed. Pls change nd work hard. Thank you.

Actually i thought the comment was from a developer. But then i checked your profile and the only thing i can say is that eventhough the intenet is faceless, somepeople like you need to learn to think before they type or talk. Telegram is an open source but you have to agree to their terms and condition. You also have to open an account with them so that you can use their API, you probably dont even know the meaning of "API". As a web develokper, i don't like to use framework like "Wordpress", which is an open source, but sometimes the customers determine the platform you choose to use. So using wordpress, which is an open source framework and script, must i give credit to them as wel?. Mayb you are still a newbie. Check this website (www.arnergy.com) which is one of my project, the front end is designed using bootstrap (or must i give credit to bootstrap as wel because is an open source?)but the backend is php,mysql and it is developed from scratch. For your information, am not looking for job sir, am a freelancer right from my undergraduate days. So, am ok. Am not like you sir. Above all, thanks for your honest opinion

1 Like

Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by yungcheda(m): 9:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
Op, d responses I read here looks like they are saying you just copied bunch of codes. D responses from fellow programmers actually look like u didn't do any new thing as it was all copied...kinda disappointed right now though
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 2:06am On Sep 27, 2015
yungcheda:
Op, d responses I read here looks like they are saying you just copied bunch of codes. D responses from fellow programmers actually look like u didn't do any new thing as it was all copied...kinda disappointed right now though

Any good programmer can use an open source code, edit, modify and add some features to it. But some people are just here to say what they like or to discourage people. Did you think nairaland was built/code from scratch without using an open source script. Don't mind them.The only person that his criticism has been useful so far was jidez007 and that is putting my source code on github. But the rest are just.....................Above all, i hope you understand.
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by directonpc(m): 3:55am On Sep 27, 2015
Waitin concern me. Dash me your Playstore account na :p
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 4:04am On Sep 27, 2015
directonpc:
Waitin concern me. Dash me your Playstore account na :p

grin grin grin grin grin

I checked your site, it is cool. Good work and well done sir smiley

1 Like

Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by prowlerovervoid: 8:00am On Sep 27, 2015
Nice app.
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 8:34am On Sep 27, 2015
prowlerovervoid:
Nice app.
Thanks
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by 2el(m): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
great work
lalasticlala show some love
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
2el:
great work
lalasticlala show some love
Thanks
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
Cool work dude.

Currently looking for a Mobile Application Developer within Ile-Ife to join I and my partner on a hands-on project. Pls send me a mail at solarjay2006@gmail.com if you wish to join the team.
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by Austinoski(m): 12:28am On Sep 29, 2015
Nice One!
i checked out ur project "Arnergy website" and i think it is awesome... i love web designing, i know Jscript , html and a little CSS but just dnt know where or how to start something...

Well done and keep up the good work!
Re: I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users by markjohn04: 7:44am On Sep 29, 2015
Austinoski:
Nice One!
i checked out ur project "Arnergy website" and i think it is awesome... i love web designing, i know Jscript , html and a little CSS but just dnt know where or how to start something...

Well done and keep up the good work!

Thanks. But what do u mean by "you don't know how or where to start"? Or do u mean dat u don't know d project to work on? Or how to hav a good layout for your project?

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Reasons Of Windows Live Mail Not Working / Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap / So I Asked Avast To Restart My PC In The Next Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.