Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! (928 Views)

Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. / Conversion Of HND To Bsc / Asup Strike, Hnd Discrimination And The Conspiracy Of Silence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by nurexfutmx(m): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
The rate at which graduates of polytechnic are been treated nowadays is so unfair. I have a sister who graduated from the polytechnic Ibadan, Department of Accounting with Distinction infact she was the best student in her faculty. Amazingly, up till now she is yet to secure a job not that she is not qualified but the problem is, she has HND...My Question now is, is there anything she can do to top up her degree and make it Bsc? She is Chartered thought. Please house, your advice is needed. Thanks
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by emorse(m): 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Not all qualified BSc holders have jobs. I would have suggested she looked inwards and think of a good business but our environment is harsh to small businesses. Let her keep trying and hoping sha. But if she really wants to get her BSc, she has to apply through DE.
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by Chiefupper: 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Tell her to apply for D.E with her HND,she will start in 300 level and within 2 or 3 yrz she is thru already,she should get a menial job to sponsor herself,thatz all,dont advise her to do PGD oooo
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by mkoabiola: 12:30am On Oct 03, 2013
Chiefupper: Tell her to apply for D.E with her HND,she will start in 300 level and within 2 or 3 yrz she is thru already,she should get a menial job to sponsor herself,thatz all,dont advise her to do PGD oooo
Pls,do u knw any sku dat accept HND graduates to 3L,am willing and eager to start now.
Ds dscrimination de frustrating.
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by Chiefupper: 5:13am On Oct 03, 2013
almost all sch and am 100 percent sure of that of unilorin.NB:the course must be 5 yrz course,if not it is 200 and you must av atleast upper credit but one lecturer told me lower too is accepted,I av a frnd in final yr at futminna elect/elect,it wz thru HND D.E he gained admissn into 300 too.
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by nurexfutmx(m): 8:15am On Oct 03, 2013
@chiefupper....I think schools have stopeed D.E, someone can hardly see a school that will accept HND into 300L, well for ND...it's still a little bit possible.
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by Nerosoft19(m): 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
let her ryt ACCA... She' also get a foreign B.sc in applied accounting automatically.
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by cjeriia: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
@ poster
my candid advice: ask ur sis 2 go and enrol for the ACIB programme in UNIPORT if she can get a place 2 stay while she looks for somewhere 2 work in port harcourt. Uniport runs 2 types of graduate conversion progammes for HND holders
1. Post HND program: for polytechnic engineering graduates which runs 4 a total of 3yrs after which u'll be conferred wit a BEng degree.
2. ACIB program: for polytechnic graduates in management courses. @ d end of the programme u get a BSc in accounting
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by cjeriia: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
sorry not a BSc in accting but a BSc in Banking and finance with membership of d chartered institute of bankers d bonus thrown in

pls b informed dat both programs run dia lectures only fri's,Sats's & sometimes suns depending on d lecturers concerned leaving ur mons 2 thurs free 4 hustling or work as d case may b.

Am currently a student of d Post HND department which would hav graduated by now if not 4 d ASUU strike
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by Chiefupper: 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
please don't let anybody confuse you about what is going to affect your sister's life, I'm a victim and I'm talking from experience, I have went for different interviews and I know how painful it was, sometimes the interviewers will look at me as if I've not been to any school before-not even regarding the grade on my result but I thank God today because I am now in University studying the same course and at the same time working, I wanted to do professional courses but I was advised by my friend's father who possess PhD but just because HND still reflect on his CV, he was denied some jobs like lecturing ,so it is better you go through the stress now than blame yourself later,if may be before you finish or after you finished the program then you can go for any professional course you like,I'm 100 percent sure that she will be admitted once she pass the post jamb
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by otokx(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
Is it only me that saw the i have went gbosa. Having a paper qualification does not mean you are employable.
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by nurexfutmx(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thanks a lot @chiefupper, you've really been helpful...
Re: High Level Of HND Discrimination!!! by Chiefupper: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
otokx: Is it only me that saw the i have went gbosa. Having a paper qualification does not mean you are employable.
Thanks for your correction even though you did it offensively, but my brother always remember that nobody has MSc in all fields even though you've once been a student in all, always remember that your weakest area is another man's strongest area

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike May End Next Week / UTME Access Code Palaver / Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.