Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners (1366 Views)

Jonathan Presents Handover Notes To Buhari (pictures) / Jonathan Presents Cheques & Appointment Letters To Victims Of NIS Tragedy - Pics / Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
edited

1 Like

Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by smile11s(m): 12:00am On Oct 03, 2013
ok
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 03, 2013
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Joyfullyme: 12:13am On Oct 03, 2013
God Bless Johnathan, God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by enigmagu1(m): 12:21am On Oct 03, 2013
Critics oya ova to u.

make sure its a constructive criticism or you lock up and thank the president for a giant stride....

1 Like

Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by iphy42: 12:23am On Oct 03, 2013
I thought Femi Otedola has a case to answer with AMCOM over unpaid debts Or is he fronting for somebody? undecided

BTW @op your title is misleading, Femi did not purchase PHCN but one of the power distribution companies.

2 Likes

Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by clip: 1:51am On Oct 03, 2013
iphy42: I thought Femi Otedola has a case to answer with AMCOM over unpaid debts Or is he fronting for somebody? undecided

BTW @op your title is misleading, Femi did not purchase PHCN but one of the power distribution companies.

Moderator please effect the change
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Mekusnwa: 2:02am On Oct 03, 2013
I think the most important benefit in this exercise is that power is leaving the hands of govt to private sector.
Whatever little errors are beclouded by the prospects of a power sector that is private sector driven. I salute all the succesful bidders. It was very competitive and accords with best practices globally.
Our power sector will never be the same again.
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Countryman93: 2:09am On Oct 03, 2013
iphy42: I thought Femi Otedola has a case to answer with AMCOM over unpaid debts Or is he fronting for somebody? undecided

I don't care who bought what. What matters is that the power assets have changed hands from public sector to private.
Even if it's a criminal that bought the plants or DISCO, it can never be as bad as NEPA was.
I say this because even a criminal will be driven by profit motives to deliver service to customers so no wahala.

Otedola has proven to be a business mogul with a thriving venture in oil and gas. I doubt if he will pay over a Hundred million dollars to buy a power asset and allow it go bankrupt. They know the power sector is a gold mine and will not compromise their stake whatsoever.
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Dollarman101: 2:13am On Oct 03, 2013
grin grin grin Those who don't like this fresh air that OGA JONA is bringing to our power sector should either hug transformer or head to Cameroun on exile. A new day has finally come.
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Igbanibo: 5:36am On Oct 03, 2013
Clearly, the same individuals, who benefited from the lack of electrical power are the same ones who are going to benefit yet again. SMH

1 Like

Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 03, 2013
iphy42:

Noted and MODIFIED!
Home page......
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 03, 2013
edited
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2013
Now I knw NL is full of opposition and GEJ hate filled unscrupulous element! Why not commend the president for dis land mark achievement? Why r u guys suddenly blind to dis?
Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Symphony007: 7:14am On Oct 03, 2013
Power is a very essential part of this country, everybody needs it. As confident as i am that the private sector will be able to be more efficent in service delivery, i am equally scared that these privates will turn nigerians into cash cows, that is why i hope in whatever aggreement was sign with this privates, the feds included a stipulation which gives them a way of preventing expliotation of the nigetian people.

Secondly, does the public have a stake in this privatization? The british government is privatizing the royal mail, the public can buy stakes in it, it's former public workers get a huge chunk of the pay, and they have priority when it comes to buying shared in the new company. Is that how the nigerian system is? If no, why?

1 Like

Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 03, 2013
Technically all those licences belongs to the thieving politicians...

I'm sure that they got them with the aid of their puppets...

1 Like

Re: Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners by bloggernaija: 9:35am On Oct 03, 2013
This must be the largest wealth transfer from the poor mumus to the thieving politicians in the history of Nigeria.
The government has abdicated from her responsibility to tax to criminal businessmen and politicians.
Not once have I seen any of these discos submitting any proposals to build a power plants .
All these people are doing is to divi up national assets between themselves ,thereby turning a public monopoly to a private monopoly.
You may want to argue that there are many of them but when you look closely ,they are already operating as one.
Simply check your power bills to see whether you are paying far more/less than the amount of electricity you are consuming.
Just like OBJ did with the abacha GSM licenses,another president would have to come in and clean up this mess.
YOU BUILD YOUR POWER PLANT ,YOU DISTRIBUTE YOUR ELECTRICITY.
NOT SOME LEECHING CORRUPT NO GOOD MIDDLEMEN(politicians) who unlike other countries,always seem to mess things up in Nigeria .
PERSONALLY ,I THINK POWER,TRANSPORTATION AND OTHER CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE EXCLUSIVE LIST OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ,LET EVERY STATE,REGION OR ZONE DEVELOP HER OWN CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE/POLICY .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Apga Will Win In Anambra State Election / Directors Pay N5million For Promotion In Federal Civil Service / Nyako Might Be Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.