Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation (10718 Views)

Illusion Or Reality: Gospel Of Economic Self- Sufficiency In Bayelsa / Illusion Or Reality: Gospel Of Economic Self- Sufficiency In Bayelsa / Rice Self-sufficiency: FG Flags-off Another Round Of Dry Season Rice Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by taharqa: 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
agbameta:

This is what clowns like you say when they have zero knowledge to back up their ignorance. Don't get mad because your lies and ignorance got exposed.

You are another sad evidence of GEJ's failure and incompetency...
lol... Welcome, TROLL. How has ya day been?
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Afolabs101: 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa: GereguII was NOT started under OBJ; its construction started unda GEJ (see comment above).... The very Complex Implementation of the Power Electricity Bill practically started (except perhaps for d unbundling of PHCN ) unda GEJ in 2010/2011; Up to early 2012 for instance, no State Govt cud distribute any electricity even if it produces it.... Some of those mini Plants/Generators the LASG are building are evidently Gas-based, while sm are Diesel-based (and as I said, d programme is commendable)...... PS: I very generously acknowledge d very positive role played by OBJ in d Power Sector, particularly in his initiatives; but Assert that Virtuali all d Implementation (as well as sm other few initiatives) is been done by GEJ. It is GEJ that SAVED d Power Reform process and did/doing most of d work (Yar'adua for instance, not only didn't do almost nothing but in fact succeeded in initialing derailing it); any attempt to argue otherwise is what is been frowned on

I'm not taking away what this administration has done in the power sector, mostly under Bart Nnaji who really knew what he was doing. However you are often times biased in your analysis. You began by rubbishing what Lagos State government is doing to then harp on about how great GEJ is doing.

Fashola's work is very commendable and the power sector reform that GEJ is implementing started from OBJ, so I think they all deserve credit and not just GEJ
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by plaindealer: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa: Anoda OLODO.... Oya Read this page very well. Take special Note d diff bw Geregu I and Geregu II. Also Note d date when Geregu II contract was given AND when actual construction started.... Na your assignment be that.

1. Geregu 1 and 2 was OBJ's initiative

2. OBJ started and finished Geregu 1

2. Contract for Geregu 2 was awarded by Yaradua in 2010

You can lie as much as you want, but Geregu has nothing to do with GEJ apart from reaping off other people's sweat and hard work as the current president.
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
plaindealer:

The people of Anambra are not on your side..

Show me the same article on channelstv, then I will believe you. Premiumtimes is no different from saharareporters
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by agbameta: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa: lol... Welcome, TROLL. How has ya day been?

Just enjoying your lies and ignorance getting trashed...

Only trolls spew garbage without facts to back it up, you are nothing but a sleazy troll..
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
plaindealer:

You can lie as much as you want, but Geregu has nothing to do with GEJ apart from reaping off other people's sweat and hard work as the current president.

God!!! Guy why lying in broad-daylight. GereguI was never finished by OBJ, yaradua abandoned it, GEJ completed it in 2011. GEJ started GereguII and completed in 2yrs. Ahh, ahh, ikunle omo oluabi o.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by taharqa: 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
plaindealer:

lol... The Article that you yourself posted in d last page said the Contract was given in Sept 2010. Yar'adua rose from d death to do so. I agree...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by agbameta: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
Promhize:

God!!! Guy why lying in broad-daylight. GereguI was never finished by OBJ, yaradua abandoned it, GEJ completed it in 2011. GEJ started GereguII and completed in 2yrs. Ahh, ahh, ikunle omo oluabi o.

President Obasanjo Commissions 414 Megawatt Geregu Power Plant.

Abuja, Feb 27, 2007 (Nigeria First/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) -- President Olusegun Obasanjo on February 26 in Geregu, Kogi State, commissioned the Phase One of the 414 megawatts (MW) Geregu Gas Turbine Power Plant.

This plant, wholly conceived, developed and financed by the President Obasanjo administration, adds 414MW of power to the national grid.

Speaking during the commissioning ceremony, the President described the Geregu power project as a significant development and a clear indication that his administration was ready to fulfil its promise of delivering 10,000MW before the end of 2007.

In his speech, Energy Minister, Dr. Edmund …

http://business.highbeam.com/3548/article-1G1-159911975/president-obasanjo-commissions-414-megawatt-geregu

And Geregu 2 was awarded by Yaradua in 2010.

Keep quiet and get some education...
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by agbameta: 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa: lol... The Article that you yourself posted in d last page said the Contract was given in Sept 2010. Yar'adua rose from d death to do so. I agree...

You mean Yaradua's administration was GEJ administration? Why not just tell us GEJ awarded this contract in 2010.

Dummy..
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by plaindealer: 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa: lol... The Article that you yourself posted in d last page said the Contract was given in Sept 2010. Yar'adua rose from d death to do so. I agree...

Seriously, how idiotic and moronic can you be? This is unbelievable..
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by taharqa: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
plaindealer:

Seriously, how idiotic and moronic can you be? This is unbelievable..

Good Lawd!!!

OK. Am enjoying this.... but lets RELAX and get over this again. Okay??

Here in your OWN comment on the last page https://www.nairaland.com/1463302/lagos-near-self-sufficiency-power/1#18545072
you posted an Article, which said:

Geregu-II
Operator: Niger Delta Power Holding Co Ltd
Configuration: 3 X 145 MW SGT5-2000E gas turbines
Operation: 2012-2013
Fuel: natural gas
T/G supplier: Siemens
EPC: Siemens, STEAG
Quick facts: In Sep 2010, Siemens won a turnkey contract worth €230mn to build Geregu-II. The plant was turned over in Jun 2013 to
http://www.industcards.com/cc-nigeria.htm

Now, Yar'adua died in May, 2010
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/7683904/Nigerian-president-Umaru-YarAdua-dies-after-months-of-illness.html

So my quesion Bros bi say: Did Yar'aua die in May, 2010, then Resurrect on a day in Sept, 2010 to sign this Geregu II Plant and then Died again after the Signing Ceremony??

Me and you no dey quarel. I just want to know. Dat's all....

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by kashkida(m): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa:

GEJ is right about now in Kogi to commission a 456MW Geregu II Power Plant which he built from scratch in about 3 years, part of 10 new Power Plants already built (a few almost completing) which wud provide a total of about 5000MW within d same period- this is apart d many Substations and thousands of kms of Transmission/Distributions Lines bn built across d nation; whilst, Fashola is commissioning very BIG Diesel Generators that wud light up only a few Govt offices and adjourning Street Lights!!

And this even when d only reason Oga Fash is building these Big Generators- less than 10MW if am not mistaken- (which is a good thing by d way) is cos a certain GEJ has painstakingly undertaken the very complex job of Reforming/Liberalising d Power Market and implementing d Power Electricity Act (as acknowledged by Fashola here) as well as the fact that a large chunck of d money d LASG used in funding these mini power plants came from d CBN's #300bn Power/Aviation Fund set up by GEJ.

Oh, Yea! We know who d Action man and d Noisemaker (if there is any) wud be.... You, my frnd, are reali 'caseless'.

I think you are drunk my guy....with all the above mentioned project by ur gej, caan you tell me why he insisted in privatising the phcn huh?
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by plaindealer: 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa:

Good Lawd!!!

OK. Am enjoying this.... but lets RELAX and over it again. Okay??

Here in your OWN comment on the last page https://www.nairaland.com/1463302/lagos-near-self-sufficiency-power/1#18545072
you posted an Article, which said:

http://www.industcards.com/cc-nigeria.htm

Now, Yar'adua died in May, 2010
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/7683904/Nigerian-president-Umaru-YarAdua-dies-after-months-of-illness.html

So my quesion Bros bi say: Did Yar'aua die in May, 2010, then Resurrect on a day in Sept, 2010 to sign this Geregu II Plant and then Died again after the Signing Ceremony, abi??

Me and you no dey quarell. I just want to know. Dat's all....

This is what I need you to prove to us inseatd of the silly nonsense you keep spewing.

1. Please tell us categorically and show us documented proof that Geregu 1 AND 2 was GEJ's idea

2. Tell us categorically and show us documented proof that Geregu 2 was not only GEJ's idea, also that he awarded the contract for Geregu 2.

Go back to your ignorant hole and answer both questions then get back at me...
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Ewarrior: 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
bodmasfem: the last time I checked, power generation is still below 3000mw as at today, so what are u saying?

I wonder o!
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by temnob25: 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mr Fashola is trying but he can still do more. Because, som areas ar testifying of their frequent power supply lately while we have not had power supply for a week now @ Ikola -Ipaja,Lagos . May God help us oooooooMr Fashola is trying but he can still do more. Because, som areas ar testifying of their frequent power supply lately while we have not had power supply for a week now @ Ikola -Ipaja,Lagos . May God help us oooooooMr Fashola is trying but he can still do more. Because, som areas ar testifying of their frequent power supply lately while we have not had power supply for a week now @ Ikola -Ipaja,Lagos . May God help us ooooooo
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by ikemobi(m): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
You say u have not seen lite for 10 days now ,I stay in bogije ibeju lekki .for months now there has beeen no lite one estate called ,mayfair is diverting d eletricity to use leaving us in perpetual darknes,from epute to lakwe to bogeji down to eleko .
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by tomakint: 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
Promhize:

Haaaaa, welcome to Nairaland the land of e-lying wonders grin grin grin here colour white is called black....

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by plaindealer: 12:04am On Oct 04, 2013
tomakint:
Haaaaa, welcome to Nairaland the land of e-lying wonders grin grin grin here colour white is called black....

President Obasanjo Commissions 414 Megawatt Geregu Power Plant.

http://business.highbeam.com/3548/article-1G1-159911975/president-obasanjo-commissions-414-megawatt-geregu

www.nairaland.com/attachments/29383_geregu_jpga8e113b7999a891ea8927144bb4c4d44

Nigeria: Obasanjo Switches-On 400mw Geregu Power Plant Today

http://allafrica.com/stories/200702260335.html

See ya miserable life.

Shitttt dey smell for ya body

GEJ ko, mumuchukwu ni. Bunch of intellectually lazy dullards trying to rewrite history for their incompetent president..
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by aj1802001: 12:30am On Oct 04, 2013
shogz89:

shut up mumu... anambra is no where near 6 hours self... go to awkuzu, okija orlu nd co ,,.. m a yoruba boy studyin there,, anambra is d most backward state in the east
so what are you doing there. Ode. You cannot study in South West abi? Orlu is in Anambra abi? Where are you from?
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Jwaka: 5:18am On Oct 04, 2013
most of the time the only news that make us outside the country happy and proud are mainly from the southwestern state and southern states. But the language been used here in this forum at times makes one think of the level of inteligence of those contributing to the discussion in the forum.
So we find it embarasing at times to allow our friends here see them.
Some of you guys should try to be cultured and constructive in making your views known.
This forum is read all over the world. As my friends and I have been following it up from far away China.
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by shogz89: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
aj1802001: so what are you doing there. Ode. You cannot study in South West abi? Orlu is in Anambra abi? Where are you from?
See dis slowpoke... Tell me were u dey Stay, idiot, came there cause I wanted to change environment and my four years was a waste of perfect happiness... Which better school dey Adambra, the least state in d West has more schools than any state in the East.... U na be total write off, just dey wait when one of una go become president.... Adambra ko, Adambra ni....... Common erosion u cannot treat, u are here condemning the good work others are doing, if ur state sees half of what lagos sees., let Anambra try and build 5mw make we see......... And point of correction :aba is not also in Anambra
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2018
See crowd, I pity saraki

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NUPENG, PENGASSAN Back FG On Fuel Sale Suspension, Border Residents Fume / Court Adjourns Asekhome’s Request To Order Relocation Of Edo APC Secretariat / Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.