Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:09 PM

Advice On This....hip Hop And Born Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice On This....hip Hop And Born Again (498 Views)

Baptism And Born Again / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / What Does "born Again" and born of "water" Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On This....hip Hop And Born Again by benedicto1(m): 7:10am On Oct 03, 2013
This has been waffling my mind since i was born-again...i'm a huge fan of americans hip-hop music in the likes of rick ross,drake,lil wayne,2 chainz,christopher brown,bruno marz, to mention but few as i heard that majority of them are in alliance with the devil....so.....i want to ask if listening to those hip-hop musics including those of the nigeria artistes is a sin if someone is a new entity in GOD...pls,your opinion counts a lot to me..thanks.
Re: Advice On This....hip Hop And Born Again by Joagbaje(m): 7:28am On Oct 03, 2013
Music is part God. Satan only perverted it bring a musician himself. What makes secular music is their lyrics . What makes christian music is the lyrics also . Not the beat or tune. So if you're a reggae lover, instead of being tempted to play lucky Dube ,play Buchi .

2 Likes

Re: Advice On This....hip Hop And Born Again by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2013
benedicto1: This has been waffling my mind since i was born-again...i'm a huge fan of americans hip-hop music in the likes of rick ross,drake,lil wayne,2 chainz,christopher brown,bruno marz, to mention but few as i heard that majority of them are in alliance with the devil....so.....i want to ask if listening to those hip-hop musics including those of the nigeria artistes is a sin if someone is a new entity in GOD...pls,your opinion counts a lot to me..thanks.
There are christian rap artists you could listen to who are far better than these guys.
It is not listening to the american hip-hop artist that is the problem but the spirit behind their songs which brings negative influences that is the major problem.
Re: Advice On This....hip Hop And Born Again by Infomizer(m): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2013
Satisfy your conscience bro. Follow your heart!
Re: Advice On This....hip Hop And Born Again by benedicto1(m): 8:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

Music is part God. Satan only perverted it bring a musician himself. What makes secular music is their lyrics . What makes christian music is the lyrics also . Not the beat or tune. So if you're a reggae lover, instead of being tempted to play lucky Dube ,play Buchi .
..thanks bro...so,if the lyrics are of good quality and not crazy ones....i can go on with it..?....i'm grateful....and moreover,i do love raggae in d lyks of bob m,lucky d..but i dont actually know buchi

(1) (Reply)

Why Didn't God Send Jesus Earlier?? / Is There Any Other Human Creation Apart From Adam And Eve? / Pope Francis Gives Another Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.