Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Baptism And Born Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Baptism And Born Again (832 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Turns Born Again After Apostle Suleman's Saga: "This Is New Me" / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baptism And Born Again by Trueigbo: 10:56am On Jan 11, 2015
its said that baptism is key to entering kingdom of God and it makes us children of God.

also Jesus said unless a man is born again he cannot enter the kongdom of God.

my question is which one comes first and can one alone take u to heaven.
Re: Baptism And Born Again by IKJ66(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2015
Op ℓ̊ can see u̶̲̥̅̊ a catholic,,,,that's by the way,ℓ̊ learnt when u̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ baptized u̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ born again
Re: Baptism And Born Again by Trueigbo: 11:33am On Jan 11, 2015
IKJ66:
Op ℓ̊ can see u̶̲̥̅̊ a catholic,,,,that's by the way,ℓ̊ learnt when u̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ baptized u̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ born again

so once u are baptised u are authomatically a born again. no need to preach born again to the person again.
Re: Baptism And Born Again by IKJ66(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2015
Trueigbo:

so once u are baptised u are authomatically a born again. no need to preach born again to the person again.
ℓ̊ only gave my much needed opinion man buh ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ u̶̲̥̅̊ keep Gods commandment ΐ̲̅s also a key
Re: Baptism And Born Again by jdilight(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
Your born again when you understand the word of God and live by it.
Re: Baptism And Born Again by Trueigbo: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
jdilight:
Your born again when you understand the word of God and live by it.

you ve not answered my question. read my post pls n coment again
Re: Baptism And Born Again by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
Baptism comes after which u're born again. When u become born again, u goo through a Believer Foundation Class or Baptismal Class. After completion of dat class, u ll be baptised.
Re: Baptism And Born Again by Freksy(m): 12:23am On Jan 12, 2015
Trueigbo:
its said that baptism is key to entering kingdom of God and it makes us children of God.

also Jesus said unless a man is born again he cannot enter the kongdom of God.

my question is which one comes first and can one alone take u to heaven.

Baptism comes first.... not infant baptism, for it is unscriptural.

One alone cannot take you to heaven. 'Born again' is a must for those with heavenly hope.

On the other hand, all those that will have salvation and live here on earth eternally do not need to be born again... it's not a requirement for them.

More than 90% of those that claim to be 'born again' do not know what it means to be born again.

What does it mean to be born again?

1 Like

Re: Baptism And Born Again by Trueigbo: 6:10am On Jan 12, 2015
Freksy:

Baptism comes first.... not infant baptism, for it is unscriptural.

One alone cannot take you to heaven. 'Born again' is a must for those with heavenly hope.

On the other hand, all those that will have salvation and live here on earth eternally do not need to be born again... it's not a requirement for them.

More than 90% of those that claim to be 'born again' do not know what it means to be born again.

What does it mean to be born again?

when Jesus commissioned his disciples he said go into the world and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of d father and of the son and of the holy spirit. he did not say they must be born again before they are baptised. pls throw more light before I answer ur question. thanks
Re: Baptism And Born Again by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 12, 2015
Baptism is same as been born again
Re: Baptism And Born Again by Freksy(m): 11:23am On Jan 12, 2015
Trueigbo:

when Jesus commissioned his disciples he said go into the world and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of d father and of the son and of the holy spirit. he did not say they must be born again before they are baptised. pls throw more light before I answer ur question. thanks

What exactly are you responding to in my post? Read the first three words in my post you quoted.

(1) (Reply)

My Pastor And A Sister In The Church / Which Is Really A White Wedding, Is It The Church Or The Court Wedding / Evangelism!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.