Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate (124295 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport / Drama As Diezani Runs After Buhari At Airport-punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by ennon92(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
Plane crashes can't frustrate Nigerians...Gej.

Dats good 4 them...what of poor nigerians that av been killed on a daily basis as a result of bad roads, boko haram and what aview, we re on top of d situation dats all they know aw to say,thank God is their turn now ...We shall continue to lay curse on them until they turn a new leaf.

3 Likes

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by otokx(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
Double wahala for the deadi body and the owner of deadi body.
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by charosky(f): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
15 pple don die 5 dey hospital
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by coalcoal1(m): 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
this is really sad. God have mercy
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
obadiah777: holy crap shocked i aint taking planes no mo. i am walking everywhere from now on. if i want to go to england from naija i will walk to egypt and then swim into spain and then get the train from spain to london. it will take me a few days but its ok. i have time

When you get to the middle of the mediterrenean sea,you will be swallowed by a big fish..cos the wrath of the lord will be on you for not spreading his gospel in maiduguri..

He will show you pity and cause the fish to vomit you,after which you will be sent to baga and Abubakar Shekaus camp to preach the WORD and convert all bokoites..

16 Likes

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by shakol91(m): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
Wetin go come happen concerning all the burial arrangement wey ondo government don do..because early dis morning,I saw were they won do d lying in state,d governor was dar with his aids,millions of naira has been spent for the occasion to hold
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by shakol91(m): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
Wetin go come happen concerning all the burial arrangement wey ondo government don do..because early dis morning,I saw where they won do d lying in state,d governor was dar with his aids,millions of naira has been spent for the occasion to hold
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by lovechizzy(f): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
God help dis country.
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by assetstrap(m): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
What baffles me is how people can get so close to a crash site without any police enforcing boundaries
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Lachynos2k2(m): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ralphlauren:

lagos to akure is 3hours... if there is little or no traffic and if the car is travelling at good speed.

i am also surprised on why they chose to fly when all they could have done was go in a convoy of cars.

if this were a road accident,you'll still come here and ask " why didn't they take flight?" am sure its ur type dat blame gej for everything Even when rat chop ur fish for kitchen...nigerians!! always lookin for who to blame.
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by abimbs: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
what a pity.
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by tommykiwi(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
Kx: I pray it is not true.
I tink is for real...God help us,rest in peace to the dead.

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by nairaman66(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
In Nigeria, anything can happen! I guess PGA Jona will places a ban on imported commercial planes..
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by gistmelove(m): 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hmmmm r.i.p
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

I know and understand but you just like that "o a sidenote" too much.

Its easy to predict what you say next

On a side note

Deut 32:29 --->>>See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
the fact that i am now easily predictable as alluded to by you is testament to how much of the lords work i have done on NL. i been puttin in that good work

speaking of which does the lord have a sense of humor ? so this fellow was the minister of aviation and the lord did this incident on an aeroplane ? lol. the lord the most high is terrible grin grin

psalms 47 vs 2 For the LORD most high is terrible
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by ennon92(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
fairygeh: Someone please tell me this is a lie.was the plane actually carrying the late Agagu's wife and son?Are they truly dead?Jesus christ
its a lie..smh 4 u
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
Na wa ooo...another tragedy in Nigeria.. According to the great Fela Anikulapo Kuti of Blessed memory, "Deady body get accident yepa", confusion breaki bone yepa, double wahala for deady body, and the owner of deady body !
Them really follow this man enter second death....................................... Come to think of it, this guy was former Aviation Minister...
Another Aviation mishaps, Plane could not lift,
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Harrisonn(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Breaking News: Plane Crash At Lagos AirportIt has been confirmed that an aircraft Chattered Associated Airline has crashed at Mafoluku area of the the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, in Ikeja.The aircraft, An Associated Airline, had 20 passengers on-board, and crashed as it just took off. It was heading to Akure, Ondo State, when the ugly incident occurred. It was said be conveying the corpse of the late former Governor of Ondo State Olusegun Agagu and members of his family. The Managing Director of one of the Airlines operating in the country who pleaded anonymity confirmed the crash to our correspondent. All the passengers on board are feared dead.
OBj's son, Gbenga was also killed in the crash as all the 20 passengers including Late Agagu corpse perish
More on the PLANE CRASH! Its been reported that the owner of MIC Casket, Mr. OKUSANYA was among the passengers and had been confirmed dead!
READ MORE AT >> http://naijapremium.com/breaking-news/427-associated-airline-plane-carrying-reportedly-carrying-agagu-s-corpse-crashes-in-lagos-photo.html
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Despicableme: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Again this calls for a total overhauling of our aviation management system. Just as our politicians do not learn from the failures of others, that is the same way most public servants in very sensitive positions do not pay attention to details. It reminds me of my last flight out of Heathrow. just after boarding, there was an announcement that a leakage was observed and we were transferred to another plane an hour later but to my dismay fellow Nigerians in the flight were so infuriated by the announcement, ranting, swearing and some even threatened to sue the airline laughably for observing that there was a leakage, delayed by an hour and transferred to a safer plane for a safe flight.

Lessons learnt were as follows;

Nigerians are always in a hurry
Safety comes last in all we do
We are more reactive than proactive
We are good at making assumptions. Would have appreciated if the plane had taken off after all it was just a leakage and perhaps a minor fault
Oyinbos are too detailed and we don't need that after all germs no dey kill black man. Obviously, that plane was observed and checked even at the last minute to be guaranteed 100% and nothing less.

On the late Agagu's case - Should a proper investigation be conducted trust me holes and obvious case of negligence would be established. One should not be surprised that the plane was granted immediate approval to take off since it was carrying VIPs without the necessary checks.

Though belated, but did any one bother to find out the age of the plane, last service date, pilot's experience (flight time) etc.

I applaud FGN for renovating the infrastructures in our airports but the aspect of human reassessment and development undermines the beauty and efforts made. Perhaps, FGN should also consider reducing the number of airline operators in Nigeria for better management and also insist that pending maturity, all operators must align with a globally certified foreign partner for technical support. Without doubt, this may exist in black and white but monitoring and implementation remains the number 1 challenge. Just as we buy brand new cars and prefer to service them with road side 'technicians' to avoid cost, that is the same way some of the airlines lease their planes from legitimate sources and go for cheap service providers when it comes to maintenance to reduce maintenance cost.

Also, do not be surprised FGN in their usual manner will suspend the operator, and put an age band for private jets or charter flight service operators but would that also handle the issue of checks and maintenance? obviously not.

My sincere condolences to the victims families. This of course is another national tragedy.

6 Likes

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by SoniaUK(f): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
See d dead bodies God I cry for dis people,which airline was dat?

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
Update : Agagu' s wife, son, Chief Olu Falae's first Son, Deji Falae, Agagu' s corpse perished in Associated Airline cry
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Dmentor(f): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
Oh no, not again please.
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by chemashie(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
Oga-@-d-top:

and u still have hands to type on nairaland when u are supose to be reviving those who are unconscious.lol
Not everybody that work in the hospitals are doctors. The guy fit be security man.

2 Likes

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by chineloSA(f): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
tommykiwi: I tink is for real...God help us,rest in peace to the dead.

@tommy the photo is unfair to the deceased and their family's. I understand you were trying to inform us lot, sad sad sad sad sad

Your effort is appreciated smiley smiley
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Tmex(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
Stop trash..
Corpse is entourage with MIC casket crew.
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Nymphnode(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
5point:

Agagu's corpse has been found!

His casket was not scratched.

Strange things abound!!!

The casket must have been properly strapped and maybe kept in one of the less damaged part of the plane

2 Likes

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
gbosaa:

When you get to the middle of the mediterrenean sea,you will be swallowed by a big fish..cos the wrath of the lord will be on you for not spreading his gospel in maiduguri..

He will show you pity and cause the fish to vomit you,after which you will be sent to baga and Abubakar Shekaus camp to preach the WORD and convert all bokoites..
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin well dayum. jokes jokes jokes. you gat jokes mayne

1 Like

Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by warrenweste(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
preciousoz: OMG,but why OBJ himself,Aneneh,Atiku and even yerima nor dey this plane na...Mtweeeeeew...this would have been a good news instead...well RIP to the dead... cool
Hmm u re wishing dose super beings dead? Am sorry for u..I hope u knw they hav a strong african bullet proof on dere head..I hope it won't backfire to u o
Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by vislabraye(m): 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
ennon92: Plane crashes can't frustrate Nigerians...Gej.

Dats good 4 them...what of poor nigerians that av been killed on a daily basis as a result of bad roads, boko haram and what aview, we re on top of d situation dats all they know aw to say,thank God is their turn now ...We shall continue to lay curse on them until they turn a new leaf.

Yes, people have been dying but dat doesn't mean we should rejoice over their death.
I just wonder what the cause is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) / Masked Ben Bruce: This Is How We Are Living In US, I Can't Wait To Return / Deaths At Rivers State APC Presidential Rally (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.