Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station (14149 Views)

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites / 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed / 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
PHIPEX: Imagine if all the Presidents before GEJ added about 500MW to the national grid in their individual tenures, imagine where Nigeria would have been by now? It's funny we don't even have any past president we can compare GEJ with in term of development of the power sector, maybe that is why some people are comparing him to Iraq. grin grin. So how many Mega watts is Nigeria producing now?

This are the kinds of question I like to hear. How many megawatts does this add to the grid? How would it increase power supply? When does it start operation? How would it be maintained? Who will maintain it? For all we knw, the powerplant may not even be functional yet. We want to see improvement not just "tape cutting". I see lagos state govt is working to make lagos self sufficient in power. In a max of 10 years from now (my personal estimation) Lagos will generate enough power to satisfy demand. Who wouldn't want to align with such a govt?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Hearme(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:

Mr man,read that post properly .
Less than 12 months was enough for them to loot the equivalent of more than 25 geregus.
He started with the advantages of OBJ's ending
He started with a bank balance with significant reserves.
He drained the excess crude account with nothing to show for it.
Massive foreign exchange reserve.
A declining recurrent to capital ratio.
With all this advantages and bearing in mind how the excess crude account was depleted from $22 billion to almost 0 ,fuel subsidy fraud etc,
The nation should be talking about 20000MW today.
Like I said earlier ,I dare him to build only 5 geregus right now without borrowing .just like obj.continue living in darkness
I'm out.

You did not inform them of debt cancellation pushed for by OBJ. Nigeria no longer service her 34billion dollars debt and does not have to pay it. Yet this new government is accumulating new debts all over the world and depleting our reserves with little to show for it. it is even getting hard for government to pay salaries (SSANU, NASU, PHCN and others). Soldiers and police received their Aug salaries 2nd week in Sept.

Last friday, Wike said it was an error in that SSANU salaries has now been paid. Except they will pay it this night that is when I will be wrong. The same lie they told us they have settled all PHCN staff, now they are saying they are yet to pay 38,000 people out of 45,000. Who is deceiving who in this IT age. I think they should come out and tell Nigerians what is wrong. The last time the Minster of finance said Nigeria was broke and might find it difficult to pay salaries, na so so summon National Assembly they give am.

I think my guess and yours might just right, because Labaran Maku also said of recent that government will short down if they are to meet ASUU request. They should say the truth ooooooooooooooooo. Or is it 2015 election money chop chop things.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by pet7: 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
call 08097038920 for past ques and ans in total
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Biafradiplomat: 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:

[s]Mr man,read that post properly .
Less than 12 months was enough for them to loot the equivalent of more than 25 geregus.
With all this advantages and bearing in mind how the excess crude account was depleted from $22 billion to almost 0 ,fuel subsidy fraud etc,
Like I said earlier ,I dare him to build only 5 geregus right now without borrowing .just like obj.continue living in darkness
I'm out.
[/s]

Absolute trash by a frustrated sadist, GEJ is performing and yet you're wining for the wrong reasons, SHAME ON YOU!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by oweniwe(m): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:

He is commissioning other people's work.
Painting airports built by the so called clueless aboki.
The fuel subsidy heist Alone could have built at least 25 geregus and ended a lot of gas flaring .do the maths
25 x 414MW

that is over 10000MW .

When people call him mediocre,we know what we are talking.
Iraq whose power infrastructure was bombed out during the first and second gulf war has added/adding more than 10000MW SINCE THE WAR ENDED 2 yrs ago.
You are here defending an obviously mediocre president .
I wonder what project of national strategic significance he will commission once he exits the tail wind of OBJ's regime's fiscal prudence.

bro. . If you think its so easy to rule Nigeria and turn the country into a paradise within a few years, why don't you go and contest for presidency instead of being an armchair critic?

What have you as a citizen of Nigeria done for this country? Nigerians are fond of abusing and criticizing their leaders for poor performance, but when they have a chance to taste power, then end up doing exactly like the leaders they were criticizing. . . Like Reuben Abati.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by luvmijeje(f): 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
solomon111: pls tell me,how does the commissioning of a project prevent its privatization?
I just google NIPSS privitisation. I discovered govt are working on commissioning 10 power plants. 4 are completed while the remainder will be finish by next year. From a layman perspective, I'm just wondering why the govt is still funding the project when privitisaion plan has began already.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Hearme(m): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
solomon111: OBJ tried?
Over $16billion spent during OBJ tenure and all he could achieve was a phantom "foundation"?
Remember that OBJ had 8 years to turn the electricity sector around.
Let's stop deceiving ourselves,OBJ was a monumental failure.

People live ke you need to google things or travel around before posting things. I'm sure you know that all those gas stations in Olorunsogo 1 and 2, Papalanto, Geregu and others were built in OBJ's regime including the most difficult of laying gas pipelines to these stations for generation of electricity.

These stations and others would have been functioning if not for YarAdua who set them aside. Govt is a continuum, tell me any power generating station that was built since 1983, before OBJ started this ones. This is why no body should vote for any Aboki in this nation again. They are not pro active. If you say am wrong, why could they not tackle the Almajiri system over the years, do they not forsee that some day, they will pay for it as is now witnessed by the presence of BH.

We need to keep building more. South Africa has about 38,000 mega watts. If we must be near them we must keep building and not talking of 5k mw with our population. Just today Unilorin told us they pay 11million montly on electricity, they made a mistake by not telling us how much they spend on diesel and maintenance of generator. I bet you it is more than that amount.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by critic(m): 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:
YOU CAN TELL THAT TO THE 160 MILLION MUMU
Who are you deceiving ?Obj initiated and fully paid for geregu,omotosho and 4 other power stations.
Construction of the civil engineering part was already complete before GEJ even smelt ado rock.the mechanical engr aspect which is the turbines had to be machined to specification and was ready before yar adua went comatose
Jonathan as usual is reaping where he did not sow.
This government,for those who offer criticism on issues is a calamity.
That is why he keeps borrowing for the most mundane of things.
Else
Let him initiate and pay for 5 power plants right now .

STOP PRESS

OBASANJO ACTUALLY COMPLETED THIS POWER PLANT .
UNCLE CLUELESS JOE IS ONLY DOING THE USUAL PAINTING AND GRASS CUTTING PROPAGANDA
PROOF
http://worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=page&id=1102&pgcat=news&start=2329

Siemens Energy said it has received an order from Niger Delta Power Holding Company for construction of the Geregu II gas turbine power plant in Ajaokuta, about 200 kilometer south of Abuja. The order volume is approximately E230 million (about N43.24 billion).

The gas-fired power plant is scheduled to start commercial operation in late 2012.
Geregu II is a follow-up project to the Geregu I power plant, which Siemens built back in 2006. The company will supply three SGT5-2000E gas turbines, the electrical equipment and an SPPA-T3000 instrumentation and control system for the 434MW plant, which it will build as a turnkey project, the company said.
Michael Suess, CEO of the fossil power generation division of Siemens Energy, said: "After construction of the Afam and Geregu I power plants the order for Geregu II marks a further milestone for Siemens in Nigeria and in Africa. With the latest project the number of Siemens heavy-duty gas turbines in Nigeria will increase to eight."
The Geregu power plant, established under the National Independent Power Project, was among the plants inaugurated by former President Obasanjo shortly before he handed over power in 2007.Nigerian Geregu Gas Turbine Power Plant 1, the first brand new power plant funded and commissioned by his Obasanjo administration was built at a cost of euro 195m ($256 million ), it has the capacity to generate 414 megawatts of electric power.

God bless You for This, infact u couldnt have said it any better than This. I once visited the site during construction Works Under Obasanjo's régime. People should learn to verify information before coming online.

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by whitecat007: 8:12pm On Oct 03, 2013
Jonathan should stop taking credit for other people's work
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by fydence: 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
Symphony007: as much as i disaggree monumentally with jonathan, were do you think we would have been if obasanjo and yar adua were efficent? You can't blame all of nigeria's problem on a man who has been in office for 3 years as opposed to 8 years of obasanjo and 3 years of yar adua and all the wasted years of the military.

P/s: i can't belive i'm defending GEJ.
When a man's ways pleases the Lord, He maketh even His ENEMIES to be at peace with him... Prov16:7 #enuf said
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by slimfit1(m): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
I don't think we should be taking about power failure when sunlight is 12 hours aday.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by fydence: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
whitecat007: Jonathan should stop taking credit for other people's work
Drink Hypo... very effective against Bad-belle!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
I passed through Ajaokuta today, the place was glorious. Let me put it that way.

To be president no be moi moi. Geregu good to go. But one company don buy the plant, i no know the name sef...
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by phil5(m): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
Una argument nor fit shift paper, in other countries people help themselves but here u guys want everything on table .

Frankly speaking, I leave in kd and I must tell ya all that abokis are clueless and chunk of illiterate setting this country backward. How?
U can ask.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by phaat(m): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
Brimmie: Mumu NTA, Channels dey report Plane Crash.. this Yeye Station dey show rubbish commission!
na wetin oga at the top ask NTA to carry na him they go carry....sorry mr brimmie
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by phaat(m): 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
Biafra diplomat: [/s]

Absolute trash by a frustrated sadist, GEJ is performing and yet you're wining for the wrong reasons, SHAME ON YOU!
i no blame you u never travel out and c what called president permformance....biafra they
remember history
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by theoctopus: 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
Symphony007: Can any jonathan supporter who have commented on this thread, tell me anything they disagree with him on?

Let me obliged you and assume for once that you are sincere and that you didnt take 6 bottles of your usual, lol

1. There is no one I have ever seen or read that have said GEJ is perfect and never makes mistakes.

2. There is no policy of government anywhere in the world, no matter how laudable, that doesnt have a short coming. Even landing in the moon came with short comings and there where those who criticized the crazy amount America spent just to land on the moon that has no significant benefit so far for mankind

But when you open a thread and the first thing you type are insults upon insult on GEJ, why do you expect anyone to take you serious? If you see a government policy or action and you think there are issues that need to be addressed, then by all means, we can discuss it. But here is a short list of what GEJ has done and your corresponding responses:

GEJ's achievements Your responses

1. FOI bill signed into law: It is not our immediate problem! They are deceiving us! Is that what we need now? It is fake!

2. Rails being revamp and trains working again: What kind of outdated trains are these. They must have spent 1 trillion! They are deceiving us!

3. Airports remodelled and commisioned: Is airport our problem? It is a lie, show us pictures! The pictures are photoshoped! It looks like a bicycle park in the USA

4. 100s of Almajiri schools built: It is a lie! Is that our problem? Why didnt he built model schools for them?

5. No more fertilizer fraud in the agric sector: They are lying to us! We dont need fertilizer, we need jobs!

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Sovet: 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hater we will b commission one again in ondo state on 19th of october u r all welcome.GEJ we r behind u let dey dogs(APC) continue barking.we will see if mouth or work will talk in 2015
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by awodman: 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
Omotosho which is a 500MW plant will be commissioned on October 19th

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
theoctopus:

Let me obliged you and assume for once that you are sincere and that you didnt take 6 bottles of your usual, lol

1. There is no one I have ever seen or read that have said GEJ is perfect and never makes mistakes.

2. There is no policy of government anywhere in the world, no matter how laudable, that doesnt have a short coming. Even landing in the moon came with short comings and there where those who criticized the crazy amount America spent just to land on the moon that has no significant benefit so far for mankind

But when you open a thread and the first thing you type are insults upon insult on GEJ, why do you expect anyone to take you serious? If you see a government policy or action and you think there are issues that need to be addressed, then by all means, we can discuss it. But here is a short list of what GEJ has done and your corresponding responses:

1. FOI bill signed into law: It is not our immediate problem! They are deceiving us! Is that what we need now? It is fake!

2. Rails being revamp and trains working again: What kind of outdated trains are these. They must have spent 1 trillion! They are deceiving us!

3. Airports remodelled and commisioned: Is airport our problem? It is a lie, show us pictures! The pictures are photoshoped! It looks like a bicycle park in the USA

4. 100s of Almajiri schools built: It is a lie! Is that our problem? Why didnt he built model schools for them?

5. No more fertilizer fraud in the agric sector: They are lying to us! We dont need fertilizer, we need jobs!

this is true sir. But sometimes I don't blame nigerians much. They have been cheated and lied to and stolen from for so long

It looks like its up to this current government to win their hearts. GEJ is trying.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Sajio(m): 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
bolseas: Please don't blame OBJ....blame Yaradua. he was the one who frustrated the project and other NIPProjects.
How will justify what you Just said? How did Yaradua frustrate OBJ's project for 8yrs?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Sajio(m): 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:

Mr man,read that post properly .
I'm out.
This is complete carry talk! From you comment it shows u not grounded @all..... You don't knw the reason for the removal of subsidy! My dear........... Gej is doing great. He has just realised N3bn in privatising PHCN within the period of two years! Can you please ask Obj of the privatisation he made of Delta Steel Company(DLC)?? He looted that company †̥ Zero level! Do u know about 12ppl if not more than lost their job which led †̥ the huge unemployment in Nigeria? PLZ let's be realistic Joor
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by free2ryhme: 10:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
Symphony007: So you all know that i'm not a bitter, constant persimist or jonathan hated. I am currently watching the commissioning of the geregu power station in kogi by pres. Jonathan. It is quite an impressive facility and will no doubt give a boost to our power situation. When good things happen in our country, we should be glad but constructive critisim should not be looked upon as being anti-jonathan.

You can watch it live on NTA or AIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyGj6Y-uELM&feature=youtu.be

watch the video and the see the shame
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by taharqa: 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
theoctopus:

God bless you....
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by taharqa: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
awodman: Omotosho which is a 500MW plant will be commissioned on October 19th

Na so... SHUT their mouths Up, GEJ
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Rossikk(m): 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
okpara ugo: I passed through Ajaokuta today, the place was glorious. Let me put it that way.

To be president no be moi moi. Geregu good to go. But one company don buy the plant, i no know the name sef...

Are you saying Ajaokuta is up and running?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hearme:

You did not inform them of debt cancellation pushed for by OBJ. Nigeria no longer service her 34billion dollars debt and does not have to pay it. Yet this new government is accumulating new debts all over the world and depleting our reserves with little to show for it. it is even getting hard for government to pay salaries (SSANU, NASU, PHCN and others). Soldiers and police received their Aug salaries 2nd week in Sept.

Last friday, Wike said it was an error in that SSANU salaries has now been paid. Except they will pay it this night that is when I will be wrong. The same lie they told us they have settled all PHCN staff, now they are saying they are yet to pay 38,000 people out of 45,000. Who is deceiving who in this IT age. I think they should come out and tell Nigerians what is wrong. The last time the Minster of finance said Nigeria was broke and might find it difficult to pay salaries, na so so summon National Assembly they give am.

I think my guess and yours might just right, because Labaran Maku also said of recent that government will short down if they are to meet ASUU request. They should say the truth ooooooooooooooooo. Or is it 2015 election money chop chop things.

Dude plz no vex o, plz what TRIBE are you? If ur answer will be the 'region' I'm thinking it to be, then my response to you in advance is 'No Wonder'.
But no let HBP kill u sha as GEJ continues to deliver more FRESH WIND and Nigeria continues to move forward.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 04, 2013
whitecat007: Jonathan should stop taking credit for other people's work
How Pathetic...SMH 4 u. No hope for u again...
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by plaindealer: 12:10am On Oct 04, 2013
taharqa:

Na so... SHUT their mouths Up, GEJ

Papalanto

Omotosho

AfamV

Geregu

UP OBJ....

Your master is yet to build 1MW generator..
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by campbellben: 1:12am On Oct 04, 2013
are you a good musician or a business man or as well any worker and you need excess of money and you also want to become famous and wealthy here is your chance to become a member of the illuminati and become a star in your life. if really you are interested in becoming a full member of the illuminati don't hesitate to email us or call and we also want you to know that there is nobody that is to determine your future because your future is right in your hands so join us now and become a responsible human being okay, so email us now if interested in becoming rich and powerful email us now at : 666illuminatiworld@gmail.com
or call us +447031973533 or call an agent in Nigeria +2348074623298
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by oguash: 2:11am On Oct 04, 2013
I built this plant. Proudly naija
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by whizboi19001: 5:54am On Oct 04, 2013
campbellben: are you a good musician or a business man or as well any worker and you need excess of money and you also want to become famous and wealthy here is your chance to become a member of the illuminati and become a star in your life. if really you are interested in becoming a full member of the illuminati don't hesitate to email us or call and we also want you to know that there is nobody that is to determine your future because your future is right in your hands so join us now and become a responsible human being okay, so email us now if interested in becoming rich and powerful email us now at : 666illuminatiworld@gmail.com
or call us +447031973533 or call an agent in Nigeria +2348074623298

Hmm, shame nor dey catch some people sef.
I dont blame you, I blame the senseless people that have time and resources to waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Abandoned And Dilapidated Telephone-Booths In Abuja. / Nigerian Police Vehicles Vs Dubai Police Vehicles (photos) / Fg’s Failure To Compensate Boko Haram’s Members Escalated Insurgency – OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.