Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516969 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
lacum:

I am following it and I think the problem is not only in Europe but all over the world. the Church really need our prayers now, if not handled well it will be like what happened in the days of Martin Luther. I am waiting for Pope Francis to reply that Cardinal Vigano and put him in his rightful place because I think the devil wants to use him to destroy the Church.

maybe this may help you

https://dwightlongenecker.com/discouraged-catholics-man-up/
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
lacum:

I am following it and I think the problem is not only in Europe but all over the world. the Church really need our prayers now, if not handled well it will be like what happened in the days of Martin Luther. I am waiting for Pope Francis to reply that Cardinal Vigano and put him in his rightful place because I think the devil wants to use him to destroy the Church.

Pope Francis has decided not to reply, that seems to be how he responds to crisis, he stonewalls and wait till it blows over, the dubia issue comes to mind.

archbishop vigano probably isn't too far from the truth, there are serious cracks in Church administration, in my archdiocese alone at least 3 bishops have had petitions against them, one was quietly removed, one other petition is ethnically motivated the last is weird but there are hardly taken seriously until they hit the news. several people have come out to say cardinal mccarrick was reported, where did the report go? usually from the papal nucio to the congregation for bishops in Rome... somebody knew those allegations and did nothing about them.

Pope Francis handling of the issue only makes me more worried. this article comes to mind

https://dwightlongenecker.com/four-reasons-why-i-believe-archbishop-vigano/

if you add this
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2018/08/31/pope-francis-and-mccarrick-where-does-the-evidence-lead/

and this, which says card mccarrick was given new lease on life by Francis

https://www.ncronline.org/news/people/globe-trotting-cardinal-theodore-mccarrick-almost-84-and-working-harder-ever

it becomes a interesting pot
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2018
These abuses have been going on for decades. I applaud Pope Francis for facing it and ordering an investigation. I'm not Catholic, but I do know that conservative Cardinals are not happy with a Liberal Francis. That is why they are all pushing for his removal! Why didn't Archbishop Vigano say all these earlier on, Yes it was terrible what happened and is still happening but calling for the resignation of Francis is blatant politics which will never leave the church.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcW4osgDhr0

How anyone can read the news and watch these videos and still say Pope Francis is innocent of sheilding these rapists called Catholic priests just beats me hollow. It does my nut in. Is it that they don't understand what is happening or they are indoctrinated and unable to differentiate between right and wrong?
Young children in the care of priests and nuns have been sexually raped and abused for decades . A lot of these priests found to have accusations hanging around their necks were subsequently removed or suspended by the last Pope before he resigned. Pope Francis on assuming office reinstated all these priests back to positions of authority despite being forwarded by Archbishop Carlo Vigano. That is the crisis at hand. This is the reason Vigano wrote an open letter to Pope Francis telling him to step down because he is culpable for protecting these abuser priests to the detriment of the sexually abused kids.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by lacum: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:

maybe this may help you

https://dwightlongenecker.com/discouraged-catholics-man-up/
I am not doubting the fact that the Church will bounce back. just saying that Francis might be innocent. I listened to Bishop Baron who said that it is difficult to monitor Bishops because they have so much power. you see, when you accuse a bishop of something like this you really need enough evidence to back yourself up if not, it will be difficult for the Pope to just believe you and discredit the bishop
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
lacum:

I am not doubting the fact that the Church will bounce back. just saying that Francis might be innocent. I listened to Bishop Baron who said that it is difficult to monitor Bishops because they have so much power. you see, when you accuse a bishop of something like this you really need enough evidence to back yourself up if not, it will be difficult for the Pope to just believe you and discredit the bishop
yes, even the Bible requires the evidence of two people before sentence is passed, but records show that the Vatican has known this since about 2000 during the time of st pope John Paul, he was already ill then and wasn't the type to believe such accusations against bishops, he promoted mccarrick, the thing was reported again during the time of pope Benedict and mccarrick was allowed to go live quietly... All these things were in mccarrick's file, he had already reached canonical retirement... He was allowed to just retire...I don't understand why anybody will chose to knowingly bring such a person out of retirement and back to the limelight on behalf of the Vatican.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
Arondizuogu:
These abuses have been going on for decades. I applaud Pope Francis for facing it and ordering an investigation. I'm not Catholic, but I do know that conservative Cardinals are not happy with a Liberal Francis. That is why they are all pushing for his removal! Why didn't Archbishop Vigano say all these earlier on, Yes it was terrible what happened and is still happening but calling for the resignation of Francis is blatant politics which will never leave the church.
it is not exactly politics, it isn't liberal vs conservative, it is about that abuse in the church and how it is handled. It is impossible to unseat a pope and forcing him to resign is invalid. But the pope must be willing to stand up and say this is what happened, not just run away from the issue as if it isn't there.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4727693/reverend-father-jude-egbuom-killed#71104950

Our parish priest was murdered yesterday. Am speechless. Rest in peace Padre.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
SalC:

Rest in Peace.

I read that he was reluctant to let go of his car keys as requested by the robbers...if that's true, he shouldn't have

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2018
SalC:

eternal rest grant unto him oh lord.

seems he was shot multiple times, it doesn't look like a robbery to me, it looks like an assassination.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2018
The victims will start striking back sooner or later. You can't hide under the cloak of religion and keep on abusing children in your care and then when you are accused you tie up the case in endless court litigation.
Sooner than later the victims will take the law onto their own hands.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 10:24am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 10:25am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Dantedasz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHQJCmsFd9k
dantedasz, this is a thread for Catholics, not your abuse thread.

if you have an issue you think Catholics can help you with say it, if your aim is to simply paste abuse videos then do that on your thread about abuse....

there are rules on nairaland against posting off topic, put the abuse videos in the abuse thread, this thread isn't for that.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ubenedictus:
dantedasz, this is a thread for Catholics, not your abuse thread.

if you have an issue you think Catholics can help you with say it, if your aim is to simply paste abuse videos then do that on your thread about abuse....

there are rules on nairaland against posting off topic, put the abuse videos in the abuse thread, this thread isn't for that.

How is abuse against victims by Catholic priests off topic?
Why are Catholics scared of the truth?
If you feel these truthful videos about conduct of Catholic priests is off point,I believe the report button is available to all Catholics who are offended by these honest videos which appear to be touching you close to your heart .

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
Dantedasz:

How is abuse against victims by Catholic priests off topic?
Why are Catholics scared of the truth?
If you feel these truthful videos about conduct of Catholic priests is off point,I believe the report button is available to all Catholics who are offended by these honest videos which appear to be touching you close to your heart .
this is a thread for Catholics to chat with each other, it is like a rest room for Catholics on nairaland, we don't banter here, as you may have noticed the issue of abuse was talked about even before u arrived.

filling the thread with abuse videos just won't do it especially as you already have a thread on abuse cases.

this is the aim of this thread

This Thread is for Catholics Nairaland and all interested to enjoy a
chat with one another. It is simply a place where
Catholics can meet with each other daily,
leave Bible verses of encouragement,
motivational talks, leave prayer
requests,offer prayers, provide a listening
ear to each other, provide comfort, care
for one another, talk about issues of
concern and interest, share knowledge,
provide love, spiritual and moral support and Also Post some Interesting Things About The Catholic church.
U can also Ask Any Question you have.

we are hardly ignorant of this cases, put them in the right thread.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ubenedictus:
this is a thread for Catholics to chat with each other, it is like a rest room for Catholics on nairaland, we don't banter here, as you may have noticed the issue of abuse was talked about even before u arrived.

filling the thread with abuse videos just won't do it especially as you already have a thread on abuse cases.

this is the aim of this thread

This Thread is for Catholics Nairaland and all interested to enjoy a
chat with one another. It is simply a place where
Catholics can meet with each other daily,
leave Bible verses of encouragement,
motivational talks, leave prayer
requests,offer prayers, provide a listening
ear to each other, provide comfort, care
for one another, talk about issues of
concern and interest, share knowledge,
provide love, spiritual and moral support and Also Post some Interesting Things About The Catholic church.
U can also Ask Any Question you have.

we are hardly ignorant of this cases, put them in the right thread.

So the Catholic thread is allergic to truth about abuse and rape of children by Catholic priests? I did not know that disclosing the truth has a time limit?
I did not know that once abuse has been discussed once on a thread,it can not be discussed again?
What are you afraid of? You are more interested in defending the rot in the Catholic church than seeking justice for decades of abuse perpetrated by Priests hiding under religion?
Sickening.
Oh,I get it now,this is a thread where Catholics hide their heads in the sand like ostriches,so the stench of the carcass of abuse perpetrated by their priests and Nuns does not get to their nostrils. The hypocrisy on this thread makes me sick to my stomach.
What about the victims undecided
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
Dantedasz:

So the Catholic thread is allergic to truth about abuse and rape of children by Catholic priests? I did not know that disclosing the truth has a time limit?
I did not know that once abuse has been discussed once on a thread,it can not be discussed again?
What are you afraid of? You are more interested in defending the rot in the Catholic church than seeking justice for decades of abuse perpetrated by Priests hiding under religion?
Sickening.
Oh,I get it now,this is a thread where Catholics hide their heads in the sand like ostriches,so the stench of the carcass of abuse perpetrated by their priests and Nuns does not get to their nostrils. The hypocrisy on this thread makes me sick to my stomach.
What about the victims undecided
here again you have began throwing tantrums like a kid.

put your post in the right thread, is that too hard to do?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 11:13am On Sep 17, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
Dantedasz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-xY4GYv25U
pls lets try as much as possible not to derail from the aim of this thread
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
Luke 22:31-32 “Simon, Simon, behold, satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail; and when you have turned again, strengthen your brethren.”
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mickey02(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ubenedictus:
Luke 22:31-32 “Simon, Simon, behold, satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail; and when you have turned again, strengthen your brethren.”

this passage speak about everything.
these are trying moments and the church needs the strength from all her members to remain firm. let's strengthen our faith and not diminished it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2018
Mickey02:

pls lets try as much as possible not to derail from the aim of this thread

Is the aim of the thread to sheild perverted Catholic priests?
I see that most Catholics don't give a flying fvck about the victims of the abuse as long as the perverted priests escape justice, either through old age,statue of limitations,transfer to other parishes,endless litigation or death.
What about the victims?
Spare a thought for the victims!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
Mickey02:

this passage speak about everything.
these are trying moments and the church needs the strength from all her members to remain firm. let's strengthen our faith and not diminished it.
yes, the passage speaks about everything, that is the reason I shared it. Are we willing to pray and act until there is a change on this issue and all are held accountable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.