Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

Would You Die For You Kid, - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Die For You Kid, (2675 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / Kid Looking At His Parents Kissing: Caption This Picture / Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Die For You Kid, by ima1(f): 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2008
Based on a movie i just saw, called passion of the soul, would you die for your kid if you were the only match, especially when your child needs a heart transplant and has a day to live, what would you do in such situation,
would you make yours available since you are the only match so that you kid can live, cuz we know how hard it is to get a matching heart, with a long waiting list,
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2008
of course
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Seun(m): 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2008
That is extremely stupid. If you die for your kid, who will take care of him/her?

First of all, you can't donate your heart to your kid when you are perfectly healthy.
The only acceptable heart donors are people who recently died or are brain dead.

What if you donate your heart to your son and the operation fails. Then you both die. Once again, as I said, it's extremely stupid.
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by sistajay(f): 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2008
Why ask the obvious, any caring, loving parent would lay down their life for their child.

1 Like

Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2008
Seun:

That is extremely stupid. If you die for your kid, who will take care of him/her?

First of all, you can't donate your heart to your kid when you are perfectly healthy.
The only acceptable heart donors are people who recently died or are brain dead.

What if you donate your heart to your son and the operation fails. Then you both die. Once again, as I said, it's extremely stupid.
Oh please, what is so stupid about it. A parent will definately be desperate to save his or her child no matter what. It's better to take a chance rather than just allowing the child to die. Besides, the poster stated 'if you are the only match'. Stupid Ko. I would sacrifice myself for my child. lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by noetic(m): 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2008
Seun:

seconded.
for the first time u have really said sth i can commend. no insults intended
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by whitelexi(m): 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2008
Seun:

Simple health and safety. . . u have to first save yourself before u help anyone. How can u breathe without a heart?
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by syren: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2008
seems like mothers would and fathers wouldn't. Interesting cool
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by TheSly: 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2008
At a very young age when i'm still poppin' champagne . . . . . .A RESOUNDING NO!!
Reason. . . . .No one would take care of him/her and Its VERY possible for me to get me another child.
If i'm OLD!!! and i am very sure and confident that he/she knows the definition of life . . . .
And he/she can take care of his/herself . . . . YES!
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by ima1(f): 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2008
in this case the kid has a father and mother, one of them is a match, so there is no excuse that the child would not be taken care of.

i know without a question i would give my life up for my kid.
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by syren: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2008
What if you had 3 or 4 other children to consider would everyones answers still be the same?
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by dreeldee: 9:31pm On Jun 28, 2008
syren:

What if you had 3 or 4 other children to consider would everyones answers still be the same?

then i would use one of their heart cool
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Sagamite(m): 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2008
Under-18: Yes

Over-18: I will have to look at the quality of the child. If my child is highly likely to be or already a liability to society (Saddam-like sadist, rapist, armed robber, drug addict etc), OFF-COURSE NOT.

I am not a soppy heart.
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by syren: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2008
dreeldee:

then i would use one of their heart cool

na wa for your logic, either way u still lose a child?
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by beauteous(f): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2008
yes!!!
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by SamMilla1(m): 9:59pm On Jun 28, 2008
serious situation here, i wouldnt prefer to die for him/her
but if i am convinced that she/he will survive the transplant,
i wouldnt laying down my life, though out of anger.
meanwhile , a life for a life , is it worth it?
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by NegroNtns(m): 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2008
Well Syren, if you put a crying child in a room with men and women, each gender respond differently.

Men: God, I need to get out and away from this wailing baby.  <man gets up and walk out>

Women: Ohhh, how cute, what is happening with us today, ooohh, look at that face, yeah look at that face <woman walks up to baby and try to carry baby>

When you ask if a parent would die for their child, intuitively a woman will say yes, without even thinking.  A man is different, he wants to know why.  cool
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by syren: 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2008
@ Negro Ntn
don't you think it's because women love there children more than men and have a closer bond?

b4 people start attacking me, I didn't say men don't love their children just comparing
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by NegroNtns(m): 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2008
<"before people start attacking me, I didn't say men don't love their children just comparing">

Thanks for clarifying, I was getting to poke your eye cool
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by arianne(f): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2008
though some say its stupid, but instinctively , i would give anything and everything to save my kid as drastic and irrational it may seem. its called filial love.
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by syren: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

<"before people start attacking me, I didn't say men don't love their children just comparing">

Thanks for clarifying, I was getting to poke your eye cool

I still would like an answer cool
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2008
I would, yes.

I wouldn't even be considering the operation wouldn't work - that's a "get-out" clause, if ever there was one.
If I make the sacrifice, he / she may or may not survive.
If I don't make the sacrifice, he / she will die.

So, I would definitely lay down my life for my child.
At least, he / she would have a fighting chance.
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by syren: 11:16pm On Jun 28, 2008
Siena:

I would, yes.

I wouldn't even be considering the operation wouldn't work - that's a "get-out" clause, if ever there was one.
If I make the sacrifice, he / she may or may not survive.
If I don't make the sacrifice, he / she will die.

So, I would definitely lay down my life for my child.
At least, he / she would have a fighting chance.

syren:

What if you had 3 or 4 other children to consider would your answer still be the same?
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by arianne(f): 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2008
biko, they guy is not Jesus. u cant die for everybody. haba!
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by syren: 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2008
arianne:

biko, they guy is not Jesus. u can't die for everybody. haba!

I meant if he had other children to take care of will he still consider dying for for only one?
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2008
syren:

What if you had 3 or 4 other children to consider would your answer still be the same?  

You're determined to find as many get-out clauses as possible.

The poster asked a simple question, and I gave a simple, uncomplicated answer.
"What if", "but" don't come into it, just a simple yes or no, or no answer at all.
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by arianne(f): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2008
syren:

I meant if he had other children to take care of will he still consider dying for for only one?

now thats complicated. its a catch 22! u are giving to deny. i don't pray for such a situation but then i would and let my other kids know i would av done the same for them.
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by syren: 11:35pm On Jun 28, 2008
Just want to know the extent people will go to, that's all cool
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Mesmerize(f): 12:46am On Jun 29, 2008
@post
uhm. .
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by oreofemi(f): 1:37am On Jun 29, 2008
i will rather die for my child beause i brought to llife and God was not there when i was doing that thing that will bring her,
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Sagamite(m): 2:03am On Jun 29, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Well Syren, if you put a crying child in a room with men and women, each gender respond differently.

Men: God, I need to get out and away from this wailing baby. <man gets up and walk out>

Women: Ohhh, how cute, what is happening with us today, ooohh, look at that face, yeah look at that face <woman walks up to baby and try to carry baby>

When you ask if a parent would die for their child, intuitively a woman will say yes, without even thinking. A man is different, he wants to know why. cool

Bullocks. tongue

I am more likely to try and make the child stop crying because I like kids.
Re: Would You Die For You Kid, by Cayon(f): 5:14am On Jun 29, 2008
@poster.

one of the most asinine questions I have ever heard

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Struggles Every Firstborn Child Can Totally Relate To (Pics). / I M 100% Sure That My Wife Is Cheating On Me,but How Will I Catch Her With Proof / Why Nigerian Men End up Marrying old And Worn Out Caucasians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.