Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? (7061 Views)

Photos From The Heavy Fire Incident At NNPC Super Mega Station In Abuja Today / Naira Rain At NASS As Senators Collect N23.4m Each- The Nation / Buhari: Boko Haram Will End This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by jumzzy448: 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
ifyalways: Na real wao,since 4am.
We are indoors, hot akamu and akara things. I feel sorry for employers that would jump into this rain to catch bus to work.

Good time for kpekus too. cheesy
Why you like kpekus like dis grin
Still raining in my area oo. Hubby no dey around wey I for enjoy kpekus like ifyalways.
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by Judek2(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'm talking end time, and some are talking Kpekus.. sad

Btw.. Is Kpekus the name of a rain maker or food you eat when its raining

1 Like

Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by anonimi: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
kelvincoll: Forsaken by the Govt? undecided
To think this barely an 8-10hrs rainfall, imagine if it is 7days rain.

Thanks for the update from your area- Ijesha- with pictures to make the story real.
I guess there is no LGA councillor & chairman to ensure the gutters are cleared REGULARLY such that rain water flows freely at times like this

Let's hope others who are also affected will post pictures from their areas.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by UjSizzle(f): 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
Boll2010: hope dey bros no splash mud 4 ya'leggrin
hmph na real wa. No mud sha, only water. I swear for people tire grin The shoe dey dry for AC now tongue
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by anonimi: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
For those who need to be reminded:

CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedules

Fourth Schedule

Functions of a Local Government Council

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:

(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/FourthSchedule.html

Doing this PROPERLY & REGULARLY will create employment by the LGAs for

- cleaners,
- supervisors,
- managers
- etc

and make the area clean for MORE business and internal revenue generation (IGR) for the LGA through rates, levies, fines, taxes etc.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by tellwisdom: 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
Starlett: It was a huge challenge driving into the island today. And even right now, the car park don dey flood o! shocked angry

Someone might think you are using a better car. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by blank(f): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
The road to Banana island is a stream.

sad
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
jumzzy448:
Why you like kpekus like dis grin
Still raining in my area oo. Hubby no dey around wey I for enjoy kpekus like ifyalways.

u nor get a.bo.ki ni?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by Boll2010: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
uj_sizzle:
hmph na real wa. No mud sha, only water. I swear for people tire grin The shoe dey dry for AC now tongue
na 4 AC shey u go use my oven mak I warm u n d shoe up
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hey guys and gals. Why not post some photos of the rain and any floods you encounter!
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
anonimi:

Thanks for the update from your area- Ijesha- with pictures to make the story real.
I guess there is no LGA councillor & chairman to ensure the gutters are cleared REGULARLY such that rain water flows freely at times like this

Let's hope others who are also affected will post pictures from their areas.

Are you only talking about Ijesha, at least your chairman is trying. Come to Aguda/Coker you will weep for Lagos. Every street is in dire state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by UjSizzle(f): 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Boll2010: na 4 AC shey u go use my oven mak I warm u n d shoe up
Mba nu! You wan bake the shoe? angry
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by yeyeman92(m): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
agrovick: The rain na die, any female nairalander to keep me company #heavywailing
Do u really enjoy this ?
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by maclatunji: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
Lilimax: But they are being paid for the work.
They should kit up for the rain and do their job sad

I saw one LASTMA officer in the rain this morning with his raincoat. Happy?
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by fasho01(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
It is not funny o!!!My neighbour cancelled work for the day & so did his wife. This rain ought to understand that not everyone is married nah!!! My room being directly above the room of this young couple, you guys can only imagine the 'ringing tone' I have had to endure all day in this cold.

Anyways I don't blame the rain. I blame ASUU, cos if not the strike, I would have either been in a lecture now, a practical class or who knows, even listening to the ringing tone produced & directed by me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by Boll2010: 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Mba nu! You wan bake the shoe? angry
I dey bake shoe......infact I be one talk say mak u com see my shoe size so u go fit hlp me buy com
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by Sijo01(f): 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
Now, its Benin turn to experience the heavy down pour. No umbrella, can't even go home from the officesad
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by Ebifeb: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
No rain 2day in b.y thank God!
Re: Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? by Revolva(m): 3:29am On Oct 05, 2013
grin RAIN RAIN GO AWAY COME AGAIN ANOTHER YEAR ..BIG REVOLVA WANNA GO SMOKE WEED..... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tension As Aba Boys Beat-up Hausa Soldier;army Retaliate,ransack Strt- Igberetv / PHOTO Daughters Of The Most High, Most Beautiful Daughters On Earth. Biafrans / Breaking: Buhari Raised Adams Oshiomole's Hand As Katsina Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.