Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

World Teacher's Day - Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World Teacher's Day - Today (4817 Views)

Student World, Teacher And Parent At Www.infogiv..com / WORLD TEACHER'S Day;share Ur Best And Worst Experience During Ur School Days. / Word Teacher's Day : Which Of Ur Past Teachers Do You Remember (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 04, 2013
This is going to be my first topic on nairaland and I am glad it has to be on Education.
Just coming back from morning mass and the first thing that caught my eyes was the question on the screen on AIT channel was "ARE THERE TRUE TEACHERS FOR THE FUTURE?"
Today is world teacher's day!! But are these teachers or let me ask are we really and truly celebrated and appreciated by the society? Records show that teachers in china are the most respected in the world..are they different from others in different parts of the world or is there something about them that others need to learn from..
In Nigeria,politics have crept into the recruitment of teachers thereby reducing the quality of teaching. these people who play politics with the teaching profession have no passion for it,they see it as a means of escape from unemployment and when such persons get into the classroom they do not give their best or see that child and teenager as their responsibility which is what every teacher is supposed to do against all odds and that makes you a true teacher.

Aside the parents,the closest person who influences the child emotionally,socially,morally,psychologically, intellectual and language development is the teacher. That is why when a teacher abuses a child by words or action,he or she has failed in his duties.
Teaching is a profession I developed passion for even thou my family and people around me wanted me to be a lawyer.
Each time I go to school and learn something new,I was always grateful to my teachers and saw them as my role model even thou most of them were not good and not supposed to be teachers but the rejection of the profession have ushered in such people thereby making mockery of the profession and reducing the integrity and dignity of teachers.
Most of my friends left me after I declared my interest in teaching and farming and gained admission into the college of Education,an institution that even a tout and the dumbest fellow looks down on(lol...story for another day) ,everyone wants to be a doctor,lawyer bla bla bla its all good but I always choose to be different,I do what inspires me and not what others or everyone wants me to do but today they are proud of me. I am a proud teacher and farmer.
These and many challenges(including the abuse suffered by teachers in the hands of the society and mostly the students they teach) increased my passion for teaching and inspires me to make a change in the profession.. I have taught in nursery,primary and secondary even thou it was just for a short period of time. I was posted to the local government secretariat in the village I serve but I volunteered to teach in the village primary school and also carried out my MDGs sensitization programmes.it was a wonderful experience, now am going to the college so I could help train the future teachers .

I have a lot to say or should I say write but I don't want to make it too long because most Nigerians hate to read which some nairalanders are guilty of. I will send my article to the papers and hope you all get to read it cuz I really have much to say and its high time we begin to appreciate our teachers because they build the foundation of every knowledge you have acquired today.
Call your teachers today and say thank you for bringing out the best in me.If your mum or dad is or was a teacher,buy them a gift! If you have lost contact,pray for them and wish them well. I pray our leaders will look into the plight of teachers and treat them right because with motivation you bring the best out of people and that will go a long way to fix our broken educational system.they should also hold series of screening and interviews inorder to flush out the 'fake teachers'.. To my co true teachers out there (even thou I am a lecturer but we are all teachers even the professors are teachers because we all impart knowledge) I say HAppy TEachers DAy ! Wishing you the very best and encouraging you to give your best. Your reward is not just in heaven,its also here on earth..

6 Likes

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Fynestboi: 9:46am On Oct 04, 2013
really? Is that fixed here in Nigeria?
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2013
I don't understand your question
Fynestboi: really? Is that fixed here in Nigeria?
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Fynestboi: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2013
peppy luv: I don't understand your question
do we celebrate such here in Nigeria.. The teachers world day...
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by iebanehita(m): 10:06am On Oct 04, 2013
Hmm!.. The teaching profession still has a long way to go in this part of the world. So many World Teacher's day has come and go, and no marked improvement of the teachers/lecturer's welfare.

ASUU is on strike. ASUP has joined them. What is there to celebrate?
Even majority that studied education courses considers the teaching profession as a second/third choice.

Until a state of emergency is declared, we are being retrogressive in our ways.
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by fpeter(f): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2013
NOT IN NIGERIA, THEY ARE ALL ON STRIKE sad

1 Like

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by cashkid18(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2013
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Mubby4luv(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2013
peppy luv: This is going to be my first topic on nairaland and I am glad it has to be on Education.
Just coming back from morning mass and the first thing that caught my eyes was the question on the screen on AIT channel was "ARE THERE TRUE TEACHERS FOR THE FUTURE?"
Today is world teacher's day!! But are these teachers or let me ask are we really and truly celebrated and appreciated by the society? Records show that teachers in china are the most respected in the world..are they different from others in different parts of the world or is there something about them that others need to learn from..
In Nigeria,politics have crept into the recruitment of teachers thereby reducing the quality of teaching. these people who play politics with the teaching profession have no passion for it,they see it as a means of escape from unemployment and when such persons get into the classroom they do not give their best or see that child and teenager as their responsibility which is what every teacher is supposed to do against all odds and that makes you a true teacher.

Aside the parents,the closest person who influences the child emotionally,socially,morally,psychologically, intellectual and language development is the teacher. That is why when a teacher abuses a child by words or action,he or she has failed in his duties.
Teaching is a profession I developed passion for even thou my family and people around me wanted me to be a lawyer.
Each time I go to school and learn something new,I was always grateful to my teachers and saw them as my role model even thou most of them were not good and not supposed to be teachers but the rejection of the profession have ushered in such people thereby making mockery of the profession and reducing the integrity and dignity of teachers.
Most of my friends left me after I declared my interest in teaching and farming and gained admission into the college of Education,an institution that even a tout and the dumbest fellow looks down on(lol...story for another day) ,everyone wants to be a doctor,lawyer bla bla bla its all good but I always choose to be different,I do what inspires me and not what others or everyone wants me to do but today they are proud of me. I am a proud teacher and farmer.
These and many challenges(including the abuse suffered by teachers in the hands of the society and mostly the students they teach) increased my passion for teaching and inspires me to make a change in the profession.. I have taught in nursery,primary and secondary even thou it was just for a short period of time. I was posted to the local government secretariat in the village I serve but I volunteered to teach in the village primary school and also carried out my MDGs sensitization programmes.it was a wonderful experience, now am going to the college so I could help train the future teachers .

I have a lot to say or should I say write but I don't want to make it too long because most Nigerians hate to read which some nairalanders are guilty of. I will send my article to the papers and hope you all get to read it cuz I really have much to say and its high time we begin to appreciate our teachers because they build the foundation of every knowledge you have acquired today.
Call your teachers today and say thank you for bringing out the best in me.If your mum or dad is or was a teacher,buy them a gift! If you have lost contact,pray for them and wish them well. I pray our leaders will look into the plight of teachers and treat them right because with motivation you bring the best out of people and that will go a long way to fix our broken educational system.they should also hold series of screening and interviews inorder to flush out the 'fake teachers'.. To my co true teachers out there (even thou I am a lecturer but we are all teachers even the professors are teachers because we all impart knowledge) I say HAppy TEachers DAy ! Wishing you the very best and encouraging you to give your best. Your reward is not just in heaven,its also here on earth..
owk
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by cashkid18(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2013
peppy luv: This is going to be my first topic on nairaland and I am glad it has to be on Education.

like dis post

1 Like

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by LordMecuzy(m): 10:17am On Oct 04, 2013
i love Teaching

But i dont want my reward in Heaven alone

I also want it here on earth like d politicians grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by saintpaulo: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2013
Thank you for the post. Although today appears most appropriate to mark the day, World Teachers Day is actually 5th of October every year.
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by natureem: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2013
My biggest shoutout to all the ever faithfull teachers who changed me from being like this to this cool everytime i pick up a book to read. Thanks in a million
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by fitzmayowa: 10:18am On Oct 04, 2013
Happy Teachers day
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Haywhymido(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2013
It thought sumone said it is word animals day. Happy teachers day sha. Remember ur reward is in heaven ooo
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Haywhymido(m): 10:23am On Oct 04, 2013
It thought sumone said today is world animal's day. Happy teachers day sha. Remember ur reward is in heaven ooo
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by 4reigningqueen: 10:38am On Oct 04, 2013
why is there no holiday for us?

And ermmmm OP, THAT YOUR PROFILE PICS IS BBBBBAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!
Hope you dont wear that to class!!!
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by jes7: 10:40am On Oct 04, 2013
Good to know that there are still great teachers in this country who are passionate and really know what they are doing. Happy teachers' day!
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by yommy2sure(m): 10:53am On Oct 04, 2013
To all the teachers that influenced my liffe....i pray for you all wherever you are that you will be favoured wherever you go...Mr Idris, Miss(Mrs) Oyinye, Mr Kingsley (RIP), Mr Nwokeji, Mr Kareem. You are all part of my story. Happy teachers day.
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 04, 2013
I thought today was world's animals day ; heard it on radio
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Big4wig(m): 11:07am On Oct 04, 2013
& Nigeria is celebrating with d world when students are @ home....Hopeless country,i wish both FG & ASUU leaders were in that crashed plane.

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by christejames(m): 11:09am On Oct 04, 2013
Happy teachers day to all teachers all ova the world espcially at st pauls/mt carmel in otukpo benue state. Also unn lectures @op u ar really inspiring me keep up the good work and more power to ur already strong elbow
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by elrony(m): 11:23am On Oct 04, 2013
Happy teachers day!!!...(I wanna be a lecturer when I'm done with my major goals..as not to waste the little knowledge I can give out to people who need it)

God Bless Dem True teachers!!! grin
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by avalontony(m): 11:27am On Oct 04, 2013
how can the teachers be happy when a teacher is teaching three subjects from jss 1 to ss3? teachers are been exploited and paid peanuts............
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by layiwola008: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2013
Educational Things is a marketing company with specialty in supplying teaching models to schools, construction of laboratory and other school facilities. Make your school stand out among others... Visit our website for more details www.educationalthings.net / call 07025797985.

Studies in learning psychology show that students gain competency and knowledge faster with teaching models. Parents will surely enroll in your school when they know you have got quality education to offer their wards. Let us equip your school with state-of-the-earth teaching facilities.

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by ChemicalMallam(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2013
saintpaulo: Thank you for the post. Although today appears most appropriate to mark the day, World Teachers Day is actually 5th of October every year.

U actually got it right.... habatically nah.... Op got me worried oo
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2013
I love teachers especially those that love what they do and do it with pride. I have them as lover, friends, uncle, in-laws and aunties. Without teachers I would not be able to read and understand what the op has posted. Without teachers I would not be here to type this.

If you can read this, thank a teacher wink

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY! It's actually 5th of October
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by acme15: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2013
Thank you my teachers.God blsss you.
nb:World Teachers Day is Oct.5
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by jammyunn(m): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'm proud to be a teacher!

1 Like

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Zukoslim(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Diz op get tym o...haaa..i dint even read it halfway xef...u talk abt teacherz,i remember ASUU strike..mtcheeww
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by bknight: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
Happy Teachers' Day to Prof Ologbenla, University of Lagos. Good impact you have on me cool
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Odunharry(m): 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
God bless all d good teachers around d world...
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by texanomaly(f): 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
Odunharry: God bless all d good teachers around d world...

Thank you. You are too kind. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro Admission /screening Process / Universities Websites.good Or Bad. / HINARI Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.