Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

World Teacher's Day - Today - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World Teacher's Day - Today (4824 Views)

Student World, Teacher And Parent At Www.infogiv..com / WORLD TEACHER'S Day;share Ur Best And Worst Experience During Ur School Days. / Word Teacher's Day : Which Of Ur Past Teachers Do You Remember (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by kurlarday: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nice post! Peppy Luv, I commend your painstaking effort as you remember the teachers today.I know that the process of composing this piece would be quite laborious, but next time, please work on your tenses. I hope you do not teach English language. Happy teachers day!

peppy luv: This is going to be my first topic on nairaland and I am glad it has to be on Education.
Just coming back from morning mass and the first thing that caught my eyes was the question on the screen on AIT channel was "ARE THERE TRUE TEACHERS FOR THE FUTURE?"
Today is world teacher's day!! But are these teachers or let me ask are we really and truly celebrated and appreciated by the society? Records show that teachers in china are the most respected in the world..are they different from others in different parts of the world or is there something about them that others need to learn from..
In Nigeria,politics have crept into the recruitment of teachers thereby reducing the quality of teaching. these people who play politics with the teaching profession have no passion for it,they see it as a means of escape from unemployment and when such persons get into the classroom they do not give their best or see that child and teenager as their responsibility which is what every teacher is supposed to do against all odds and that makes you a true teacher.

Aside the parents,the closest person who influences the child emotionally,socially,morally,psychologically, intellectual and language development is the teacher. That is why when a teacher abuses a child by words or action,he or she has failed in his duties.
Teaching is a profession I developed passion for even thou my family and people around me wanted me to be a lawyer.
Each time I go to school and learn something new,I was always grateful to my teachers and saw them as my role model even thou most of them were not good and not supposed to be teachers but the rejection of the profession have ushered in such people thereby making mockery of the profession and reducing the integrity and dignity of teachers.
Most of my friends left me after I declared my interest in teaching and farming and gained admission into the college of Education,an institution that even a tout and the dumbest fellow looks down on(lol...story for another day) ,everyone wants to be a doctor,lawyer bla bla bla its all good but I always choose to be different,I do what inspires me and not what others or everyone wants me to do but today they are proud of me. I am a proud teacher and farmer.
These and many challenges(including the abuse suffered by teachers in the hands of the society and mostly the students they teach) increased my passion for teaching and inspires me to make a change in the profession.. I have taught in nursery,primary and secondary even thou it was just for a short period of time. I was posted to the local government secretariat in the village I serve but I volunteered to teach in the village primary school and also carried out my MDGs sensitization programmes.it was a wonderful experience, now am going to the college so I could help train the future teachers .

I have a lot to say or should I say write but I don't want to make it too long because most Nigerians hate to read which some nairalanders are guilty of. I will send my article to the papers and hope you all get to read it cuz I really have much to say and its high time we begin to appreciate our teachers because they build the foundation of every knowledge you have acquired today.
Call your teachers today and say thank you for bringing out the best in me.If your mum or dad is or was a teacher,buy them a gift! If you have lost contact,pray for them and wish them well. I pray our leaders will look into the plight of teachers and treat them right because with motivation you bring the best out of people and that will go a long way to fix our broken educational system.they should also hold series of screening and interviews inorder to flush out the 'fake teachers'.. To my co true teachers out there (even thou I am a lecturer but we are all teachers even the professors are teachers because we all impart knowledge) I say HAppy TEachers DAy ! Wishing you the very best and encouraging you to give your best. Your reward is not just in heaven,its also here on earth..
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by HezronLorraine(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mubby4luv: owk
You quoted the entire op to type this.u need to see TB Joshua ASAP.

Happy World's Teachers day.We can only keep praying and at the same time fight for a better system.Teachers are the backbone of every country.The World relies on them,it would be unfair if they're treated like second-class citizens.
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Ninapha(f): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
I specially remember today Mrs. Leticia Anyanwu(mama nde primary 1) u were a teacher and a mother! U took us more than just ur pupils, u made coming to school a fun, though no school buses then yet u wd come so early to pick us and we wd gladly sing thru the streets. Then u wd share akara and make us hold our hands together to dance our morning jingles.

U taught us in a special way that enabled some of us enjoye double class promotions. No wonder u earned that famous name, mama nde primary 1.

U are late yes but u live in my heart always. Adieu mama anyi!

And to u:

Mr. onyeneke- english teacher
Mr. Op- economics
Mr. Iheanacho- dean of studies
Mr. Akams - Accounts teacher.

You all are remembered and appreciated.
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by manny4life(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
Peppy mu, Happy Teachers Day to you. More grease to your elbows. I commend your continual efforts and persistence to bringing to light something you're passionate about, I pray for strength and knowledge be upon you. Nne "be happy", and put a good smile on the face of others and God will put a GREATER SMILE on yours. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Lol no I can't wear that to class, you could see that from other pics
4reigningqueen: why is there no holiday for us?

And ermmmm OP, THAT YOUR PROFILE PICS IS BBBBBAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!
Hope you dont wear that to class!!!
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
smiley thanks bro
manny4life: Peppy mu, Happy Teachers Day to you. More grease to your elbows. I commend your continual efforts and persistence to bringing to light something you're passionate about, I pray for strength and knowledge be upon you. Nne "be happy", and put a good smile on the face of others and God will put a GREATER SMILE on yours. wink wink wink
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
You are right my dear especially in the primary where a teacher would have to teach the whole subject but that is gradually changing,you can only teach one or two subjects for at least 3classes. I taught verbal reasoning and social studies for primary 4,5,6 during my teaching practice in NCE and government for SS1 and 2 during my TP in B.ED.
As for the salary,so help me God,it will change soon because teachers deserve better

avalontony: how can the teachers be happy when a teacher is teaching three subjects from jss 1 to ss3? teachers are been exploited and paid peanuts............
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
This post isn't for "educated illiterates" like you!
I have time for better things that add value to my life and that of others unlike you! Get off this section and go to romance,that's where you belong. mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww
Zukoslim: Diz op get tym o...haaa..i dint even read it halfway xef...u talk abt teacherz,i remember ASUU strike..mtcheeww
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
There is nothing wrong with my tenses because I made reference to the past,present and future but do point it out ie where u think I made a mistake . Thanx
kurlarday: Nice post! Peppy Luv, I commend your painstaking effort as you remember the teachers today.I know that the process of composing this piece would be quite laborious, but next time, please work on your tenses. I hope you do not teach English language. Happy teachers day!

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by ReubenAbati: 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
[size=18pt]I LOVE MY TEACHERS!

Even Wikipedia![/size]
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Biggyd2: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
Wishing them a lovely day.

Ermm, where are all the NL e-tishas? Today is your day o. grin grin.
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
It's tomorrow

not today
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Profitcost: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nobody want to be a proud teacher any more. I could remember those days where teachers are celebrated, treated like kings. Now no regard for them, even uni lec(professors) are not respected rather we worship politicians that contribut nothing to the society. They destroy our education system. I pray that GEJ will sanitize the system
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
It's 2moro october 5th not 2day
Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'm not a teacher although I teach in capacities different from classrooms. I love and respect teachers no matter his/her age or background. The teacher made me earn respect and a living today. The teacher is the human architect of my knowledge. He helped brought out the best in me by simple words of praise as these words were catalyst for better performance. When I did not measure up to expectation in character, his corrections were light of guidance. Today, I'm enlightened and a professional; thanks to my patient teachers. In building the nation, nobody makes a nation better than the teacher. I doff my hat to you, my teacher. I bow to you, my mentor. GOD BLESS ALL THE TEACHERS.

1 Like

Re: World Teacher's Day - Today by decepticos(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2013
thank God for all (especially mine) teachers, my mama na teacher (the old school kind, can flog anything), more strength to their effort, and curse the government for not recognizing them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro Admission /screening Process / What Tb_joshua Said About ASUU Strike / Photos Of AAU Students Recieving Physics Lectures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.