Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter (874 Views)

Fayose Embarrassing Our Family, Says Brother / I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter / Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter by ajasbaba(m): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2013
The first daughter of the late former governor of Ondo State Olusegun Agagu, Mrs Solape Hammond gave an interview to The Nation at the Agagu’s residence in Ibadan. Mrs Hammond said No member of the family wanted the patriarchs to go into politics but it was difficult to stop her father since he had a passion for the well being of his people. She said her father never sought publicity, his activities brought him into limelight, particularly his geological surveys as a lecturer in the University of Ibadan. That they was a time her mother used to cook for over 30 people daily, stressing that ther was never less than 10 people in the house at any point in time. She said Children of the family’s friends living abroad and extended family were living in their home. She said her Father the Late former Governor taught in three different universities at the time because of his passion for working and caring for others. Despite his several engagements, she went on to describe her father as a devoted family man, who always created time for his family. According to her “He was a great man, an inspiration to many and a selfless worker who was passionate about his country and people. He loved his country and his people and he sought to do good everyday.” Speaking on what she wished her father should have done indifferently. “I wish he did not go into politics because we were very private people. But he was passionate about. We are getting a a lot of Accolades but it was not like that at the time. That is something I wish he did not go through”. Mrs Hammond described the loss of their privacy as the sacrifice the family made for their patriarch. She wished her father lived longer, so she could return his love. Olusegun Agagu passed away on the 13th of Sept. 2013
SOURCE

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter by bayounce(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2013
We can just change the will of God, may his soul rest in peace and this is to remind us of heaven

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter by spenca: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2013
Abeg ! After he made u bleeping rich ,Why dnt you reject the gifts n money ?

2 Likes

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter by dejijohns(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2013
We don hear..

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter by ayodeji752: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2013
Start speaking rubbish woman. Na me u de deceive? Wot was ur father's worth wen he was a lecturer nt to talk of u his daughter? Why did he rig d gubernatorial election in Ondo state wen he was seeking for second term in office? Or is election rigging also part of his service to humanity? Pls ma can u tell tell us ur worth now and d source if u are sure it isnt Ondo state money? Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter by johnwizey: 11:08am On Oct 04, 2013
When u are formin omo gomina (governor's daughter) for ur friends, u didnt rememba u told him nt to venture into politics. It was after his death u remembered. D devil is dancing skelewu on ur head

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2013
Lol...love for the people indeed.

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter by seankay(m): 11:52am On Oct 04, 2013
Abegi! Why didn't she disfather him wen he was deputy gov,minister and gov?

Note:na me like evrybody comment on here,oya its ur turn to like mine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Govt Is The “first Internet-age Presidency” Nigeria Ever Had - Abati / PDP Crisis: Jonathan To Meet Aggrieved G7 Governors On Sunday / Yoruba Verson Of 1999 Consttutiton Out. !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.