Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! (43703 Views)

CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) / An Aerial View Of Nicon Nuga Hilton (Now Transcorp Hotel) Abuja In 1987 / Barr. Jimor Ibrahim To Short Down Nicon Luxury Hotel Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
nagoma: t

Sure it's Aboki land but you Nyamiri can also stay. No problem.
When 70% of lands in abuja have been acquired by south easterners according to ABUJA GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM? Its no longer your land bro...

2 Likes

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
nagoma: t

Sure it's Aboki land but you Nyamiri can also stay. No problem.
Even When 70% of lands in abuja have been acquired by south easterners according to ABUJA GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM? Its no longer your land bro...
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by nagoma(m): 11:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Cajetan speaks: When 70% of lands in abuja have been acquired by south easterners according to ABUJA GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM? Its no longer your land bro...

You are dreaming. Land is the most important resource in world history. You will all leave after Jonas conference.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by mascot87(m): 11:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
You guys posting funny pictures are clowns grin

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Biafradiplomat: 11:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
toothpaste: Abuja is no man's land.

Lagos is no man's land.

Ibadan is yoruba land.

Don't mind the "go back to your village Yoruba primitive tribalism" They forgot that Lagos is what it is today because FG and all Nigerians collectively developed it to what it is today, left to them, it would have been another Ibadan or Ogbomosho but because they have very short memory or chose to gloss over facts to score cheap points.
Nigeria is what it is today because of our primitive reasoning, can you Imagine a scenario where a native Nairobi man would tell other Kenyans to go back to their village or a Johannesburg native telling his fellow South African from Kwa zulu Natal to go back to his village?
Even someone as educated as Fashola made such stup.i.d statement the other day, when he said that Igbos should stem the influx of their people into Lagos yet he forgot that Lagos is not like other states in Nigeria, IT IS THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF NIGERIA! Look at how Abuja was a couple decades back, a complete jungle but moving the capital there virtually turned it into a world class city, does it mean the Gwari man would wake up tomorrow and claim they made Abuja what it is?
If only FG could pick out one city in each geopolitical zone and develop it to international standard, it would reduce the insults from some ingrates. Rubbish!

11 Likes

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 07, 2013
nagoma:

You are dreaming. Land is the most important resource in world history. You will all leave after Jonas conference.
Not with a valid C of O bro...

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by scofield33(m): 12:15am On Oct 07, 2013
Seeing something out of nothing
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by nagoma(m): 12:19am On Oct 07, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Not with a valid C of O bro...

C of O is a lease that can be recalled when there is a need. It's written on it . I guess you don't have any C of O?
When the country divides we recall all C of Os. You can take the cement blocks with you to the creeks or take the 20 pounds as offered to biafran returnees by the then finance minister Obafemi Awolowo.

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 07, 2013
C of O can't be revoked at will, unless there is a breach of terms of issuance.. Whether Nigeria divides or not I have the right to own property anywhere in the world..

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 07, 2013
i_laugh: wow

I thought it used to be called Nicon Hilton.
Nicon Noga! B4!

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Meristem: 2:46am On Oct 07, 2013
Bossforeva: Nicon Noga! B4!
yes. Then nicon noga hilton. Then nicon hilton. Then Transcorp hilton. The changes were based of changes in d ownership.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Meristem: 2:46am On Oct 07, 2013
Bossforeva: Nicon Noga! B4!
yes. Then nicon noga hilton. Then nicon hilton. Then Transcorp hilton. The changes were based on changes in d ownership.

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by nagoma(m): 6:16am On Oct 07, 2013
Cajetan speaks: C of O can't be revoked at will, unless there is a breach of terms of issuance.. Whether Nigeria divides or not I have the right to own property anywhere in the world..

Keep on dreaming.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by eaglechild: 6:25am On Oct 07, 2013
nagoma:

And the place will be overtaken by cattle.

2 Likes

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by izuch(m): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2013
ToyinDipo:
---
It used to be NICON NOGA HILTON HOTELS kids
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2013
okpara ugo:

is that what you call development. how has it impacted the common man? a hotel with the least room going for 20000 per night...

real businessmen don't build hotels. ask dangote and adenuga

I dunno about N20k, buh some rooms go for N210K, sha. Take a drink @ ur own risk!

Common Eva water na N700, Maltina N800, if you want a bottle of Henessey na you know o! Just prepare for N2m!

Don't believe? Na forum we dey. Peeps go dey NL wey don bunk for dere dis year.

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by eaglechild: 6:55am On Oct 07, 2013
ayobase: In the 80s. What a vision, even when Abuja was yet to see the light of the day!

It means that Hotels of this kind shouldn't be limited to exotic environments like VI. Building a majestic hotel in Oshodi as Berem purported aint a bad idea.

Build them first, and u see people trooping in, thus "tushing" the area.
I don't know who deserves a hotter slap, you the op, Berem your bipolar icon or the people liking your thoughtless post.
So NICON Hilton sparked off the development of Maitama, and made people to troop in and " toosh up" the area.

In other words we shld start erecting Hilton's in Zamfara, Yobe etc, so people can troop in and "toosh them up".

May God restore our educational system and save us from this mess and the potential onslaught and invasion of mentally challenged individuals.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 07, 2013
nagoma:

Keep on dreaming.
Stop being lazy and go make money because your wish for Nigeria has already failed..
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 07, 2013
nagoma:

Keep on dreaming.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by WizPrince1(m): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2013
But Naija Fine Na
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2013
Nag0ma is Nama

Don't talk to Nama
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by shigoslim(m): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2013
''Abuja is no man's land
''lagos is no man's land
'' likewise calaba is no man's land quote me wrong if you believe dis.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by shigoslim(m): 9:12am On Oct 07, 2013
toothpaste: Abuja is no man's land.

Lagos is no man's land.

Ibadan is yoruba land.
likewise calaba is also no man's land if you knw what am saying. And if dnt believe go back to school and study history of Nigeria before and after the amalgamation of Nigeria.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by solomon111(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2013
It's time we advocate that the capital returns to the eastern region.
Afterall,we provide 98% of the foreign revenue.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by nagoma(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2013
eaglechild:
And the place will be overtaken by cattle.

No problem. Cattle ranch farming will be profitable.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by nagoma(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2013
solomon111: It's time we advocate that the capital returns to the eastern region.
Afterall,we provide 98% of the foreign revenue.

Where is eastern region? What you provide is well known internationally my boy.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by idupaul: 9:38am On Oct 07, 2013
speedyboi:
He is wrong! It's no longer Nicon...He can only call it 'former Nicon'.....

It can confuse a lot of people as it did me.....Cos there's another hotel named 'NICON' in Garki
What exactly are u tryin to prove here
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by ddeola: 9:42am On Oct 07, 2013
Hmmmm...
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by yoddy(m): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2013
speedyboi: BTW, that's Transcorp Hilton.....not Nicon Luxury

Dude, it used to be called Nicon Noga Hilton Hotel
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by JahMan1: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2013
Imagine what IBB did to that barren land.
If we still had Lagos as our capital till date,I wonder how people could afford to breathe in here.
Those living in Abuja could still have been part of the people being chased away to go and 'develop their place'.
I guess soon those Gwari and Nupe people will start telling 'us' to leave Abuja and go and develop our places.
GEJ if you want to avoid that,move the capital to Yenogoa.
Let them develop Enugu,PH,Calabar,Owerri,etc if they want us to avoid 'go and develop your place' syndrome in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2013
Jah Man: Imagine what IBB did to that barren land.
If we still had Lagos as our capital till date,I wonder how people could afford to breathe in here.
Those living in Abuja could still have been part of the people being chased away to go and 'develop their place'.
I guess soon those Gwari and Nupe people will start telling 'us' to leave Abuja and go and develop our places.
GEJ if you want to avoid that,move the capital to Yenogoa.
Let them develop Enugu,PH,Calabar,Owerri,etc if they want us to avoid 'go and develop your place' syndrome in this country.
The ugly situation of lagos can never raise its ugly head in Abuja.. Its just impossible, if you live in abuja then you will understand what I am saying..
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by JahMan1: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2013
Cajetan speaks: The ugly situation of lagos can never raise its ugly head in Abuja.. Its just impossible, if you live in abuja then you will understand what I am saying..

Wait until Abuja become as old as Lagos - being capital of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling / Need Carton Packaging Company / Man In Suit Selling Suya In Ikorodu, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.