Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! (43668 Views)

CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) / An Aerial View Of Nicon Nuga Hilton (Now Transcorp Hotel) Abuja In 1987 / Barr. Jimor Ibrahim To Short Down Nicon Luxury Hotel Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by ayobase(m): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2013
Jah Man:

Wait until Abuja become as old as Lagos - being capital of Nigeria.

It is 50-50 situation due to corruption and compromise, but I doubt it if the regulating body wouldn't relax.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Hefeoluwa1: 10:57am On Oct 07, 2013
Whao.. remembered that when i got to Abuja 1986... mehn see Transformashun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Jobos(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2013
Biafra diplomat:

Don't mind the "go back to your village Yoruba primitive tribalism" They forgot that Lagos is what it is today because FG and all Nigerians collectively developed it to what it is today, left to them, it would have been another Ibadan or Ogbomosho but because they have very short memory or chose to gloss over facts to score cheap points.
Nigeria is what it is today because of our primitive reasoning, can you Imagine a scenario where a native Nairobi man would tell other Kenyans to go back to their village or a Johannesburg native telling his fellow South African from Kwa zulu Natal to go back to his village?
Even someone as educated as Fashola made such stup.i.d statement the other day, when he said that Igbos should stem the influx of their people into Lagos yet he forgot that Lagos is not like other states in Nigeria, IT IS THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF NIGERIA! Look at how Abuja was a couple decades back, a complete jungle but moving the capital there virtually turned it into a world class city, does it mean the Gwari man would wake up tomorrow and claim they made Abuja what it is?
If only FG could pick out one city in each geopolitical zone and develop it to international standard, it would reduce the insults from some ingrates. Rubbish!
Wake up your thought to histories and stop deceiving yourself. How many cOuntry came out of former USSR ? Who claim the capital ? Only of recent Sudans used to be one .
Let govt do their own, for you develop your home before other peopLe home. After the civil only yoruba allowed igbo to reclaim their properties in lagos .
Or you still think that this country be one foreever, think wisely.

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2013
Top cicvil servants use to live in the hilton ; like a friend of the famil¥ said when the¥ moved from lagos to abuja he lived in the hilton for 2¥ears, and not to be bored he use to tell the management to change his room ever¥ month and sure he was a personal assistannt to IBB
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by nkemKalu: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2013
Waoh.........some folks will come here to argue that IBB did nothing while he was the Head of state. And I keep telling those who cares to listen and who has memory to remember, that IBB is the architect of modern day Nigeria. People only try to discredit him because of June 12, and they forget other good things he did in Nigeria......Sai IBB
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2013
I see people dey claim rights again. Issorai. Abuja people una don hear now. Na Igbos use business develop una lands. Not the FCT ministers.

Okay Abuja people don hear. Now can we stop derailing now? This was supposed to be a sweet thread! Don't spoil it with your tribalism and inferiority complex. Thanks.

And incase you guys don't know! They do arrest wanderers and people who constitute nuisance in abuja city as well. And most time than not, they eventually send them to their families.
Anything from Lagos just always generate too much hype and attention.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
speedyboi: BTW, that's Transcorp Hilton.....not Nicon Luxury
Nope! It was Nicon Hilton Hotel in the 80's, then a part of the shares was sold and it became Nicon Noga Hotel, then it was sold to a Company known as transcorp, so its presently called Transcorp Hilton Hotel. Maybe the name will change tomorrow! I know all this, because I started living in abuja in 1991 and we still own property there till date. Peace
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
BellaDonaFema:
Nope! It was Nicon Hilton Hotel in the 80's, then a part of the shares was sold and it became Nicon Noga Hotel, then it was sold to a Company known as transcorp, so its presently called Transcorp Hilton Hotel. Maybe the name will change tomorrow! I know all this, because I started living in abuja in 1991 and we still own property there till date. Peace

So what have you said that's new? Check the rest of my comments on the first page undecided
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
speedyboi:

So what have you said that's new? Check the rest of my comments on the first page undecided
How are Nicon luxury and nicon Hilton related? Comprehend! They re two separate hotels situated at two different locations.
Sarcasm doesn't sit well on you!
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by meforyou1(m): 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
speedyboi:

I read wrong! Well, He is still wrong either way. Cheers
It used to be nicon noga hiton hotel
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by piagetskinner(m): 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
Oboy eeee... C as the place b like game reserve....grin
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by khrisponty(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
Where can I get old pictures of; Lekki 1, Vi, Ajah, and etc before the real estate explosion?

Beautiful Picture.
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
Jah Man:

Wait until Abuja become as old as Lagos - being capital of Nigeria.
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria for about 20years while Abuja has being the capital of Nigeria for over 30years.

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by ChristyG(f): 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Some pple have derailed this thread with their superiority complex.SMH
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Adnroid: 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Oh my God......GEJ is really working, see how he has turned bush in Abuja to Mega City...... na so some illiterates go talk......2015 carry go......

1 Like

Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by umar187: 11:45am On Oct 08, 2013
shocked 9ja is moving some were
Re: Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
speedyboi: I see people dey claim rights again. Issorai. Abuja people una don hear now. Na Igbos use business develop una lands. Not the FCT ministers.

Okay Abuja people don hear. Now can we stop derailing now? This was supposed to be a sweet thread! Don't spoil it with your tribalism and inferiority complex. Thanks.

And incase you guys don't know! They do arrest wanderers and people who constitute nuisance in abuja city as well. And most time than not, they eventually send them to their families.
Anything from Lagos just always generate too much hype and attention.
How many buildings in abuja belongs to government? Abuja was developed by individuals and not FCT ministers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Angry Mob Invades Shoprite In Lagos / How This ATM Card Fraud Sent Me Back To Village - FATTKAY / Need Carton Packaging Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.