Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference (976 Views)

Do Not Accept Governor Fayose's Food, Rams - Imams Tell Ekiti Muslims / Buhari: We Feared Jonathan will Not Accept Defeat - Vanguard / I Will Not Accept Tenure Renewal - Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference by Obascoetubi: 8:08am On Oct 05, 2013
The pan-Yoruba group,
Afenifere, and its Igbo
counterpart, Ohanaeze
Ndigbo, have said they
will reject any move to
limit discussions at the
national dialogue being
planned by President
Goodluck Jonathan.
Afenifere, speaking
through its Secretary,
Chief Seinde Arogbofa, in
Akure on Thursday, said
the proposed national
dialogue should not have
no-go areas.
“The sovereignty we
are talking about is
to ensure that the
discussions are taken
seriously. It is to
make sure that what
the people arrive at is
taken seriously by
the government.”
Also, the Secretary
General of Ohanaeze
Ndigbo, Dr. Joe Nwaorgu,
told Punch on phone that
the dialogue should be
frank and blunt, adding
that all national issues
should be discussed.
The Afenifere secretary
said ethnic and social-
cultural associations as
well as other pressure
groups should take part in
the conference. Arogbofa
added that bodies such as
Nigeria Labour Congress;
the ASUU and civil
societies should be invited
to the national dialogue.
He stressed, “There
should
be nothing like ‘no-go-
areas.’ Nigerians should
be free to discuss all the
issues of contention so
that they can find ways of
living together as one
people.
“We also believe that the
legislature should be
represented [but] the
government should not
participate. The
government is not the
people.”
Also, Ohanaeze Ndigbo
said, “Nothing should be
sacrosanct. All cards are
open. It should be such
that any group should be
free to say, ‘I don’t want
to stay and their position
will be respected.”
http://obascotec..com/2013/10/we-will-not-accept-no-go-areas-at.html?m=0
Re: We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference by immortalcrown(m): 8:10am On Oct 05, 2013
Look them
Re: We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference by kingofpool: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2013
speechless speechless speechless that's how u make me feel......i neva make am to front over hw many months now (only me knws) God show me signs of gud tinx by touchin modx to forward any thread dat i commented on
Re: We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference by Dansy(f): 11:01am On Oct 05, 2013
Every tribe in Nigeri must be given fair hearing. Every tribe no matter how small must be allow to contribute.God bless our nation,God bless and keep our president Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
There should be "NO GO AREA". Any part of the country who to go a separate way should be allowed
Re: We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference by DerideGull(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
Disintegration of cesspit termed Nigeria should be the focal point of SNC.
Re: We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference by OkBounce(m): 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
Now the real men are taking!!
Re: We Will Not Accept No-go-areas At National Conference by Emperor007: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
What's the point holding the conference with " no go areas "?

There shouldn't be anything like " no go area ", all cards must be on table and open for discussion.

The conference would be "Sovereign National Conference"

We can't continue to deceive ourselves on something that doesn't exist.

(1) (Reply)

''do Not Call Me Commander In Chief Of The Armed Forces'' - Jonathan / Which Words/phrase Used By Politicians That Fascinated You This Year. / Obasanjo Is The Most Corrupt Nigerian - Sahara Reporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.