Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

DStv Raises Charges Again. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DStv Raises Charges Again. (62139 Views)

Usher Charges Iphone In Woman's Private Part!!!! / The Figurine Raises The Bar For Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
That tinubu tv had better be true. Like someone said if I was adenuga or dangote dstv would be history in Nigeria. Nonsense!!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sarutobie(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
GbagaunDetector:

Does it work outside PH?
Nigerians have to create competition! What is all this?
Dunno about ph,its in aba,umuahia,owerri(am sure of these states).MCL has been in existence since 1993,though they just upgraded to a satelite network some years ago.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by zebra(m): 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
#Team StarTimes# All the way!

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by drchinchek: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
life_style:

That's someone's monthly salary undecided

....And that's a family's house RENT for the month! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by 175(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
flolancracker: ode

Ekpa!!!

Orueweh!!!

Go and an Urhobo guy to tell u wat it means. . .Thunder fire u.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Babafaros(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
armadeo: . Your new subscription will be N11,650 per month.

Dat'z some1 salary ooo
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by mrslecturer: 6:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nna, idikwa sure? With N2100 per month?
For CTL its N3150 and u will watch premier league, movies... very good. If they were all over naija they will giv DSTV a run for their money

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by iterator25: 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gbaju e (dstv that is)
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by shegsrules(m): 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
Team startimes

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
gbokukueba: When a Nigerian had the opportunity to send DSTV back to Mzanzi what did he do... he started storming viewing centres with policemen to harras business owners, then he went on a buying spree with the latest range of cars... today DSTV is back on the driver's seat and there is no competition forget all those funny cable stations they will fizzle away in no time...

The mistake Hitv made was that they wanted single right to premiership. What they should have done was gotten for themselves and let dstv be able to get the same price and then drastically reduce the amount they charge their subscribers, but if I was someone like dangote, who born dstv well, they can never outbid me.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by pcengineer: 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dee'aba:
Abeg try startimes jare. They r trying
I gbadun startimes die. So, stop wastin ur money on rubbish.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by iterator25: 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
What happened to HI TV?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by nyt3237(m): 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dstv are crazy set of people. Mad people :they want to extort us finish. Me i wan port to multitv
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
ABG network...this saudi arabian network..shows all matches including EPL..so why waste money on DSTV when my monthly 3500 shows me football

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by houstonia(m): 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
this south africa company is really rippinq off nigerians, how i wish we can all protest same way #teamsexkillzmustqo did|

DSTV is actually owned by Nigerians. JOHN FASHANU has happens to be one of the largest stake holders in it. It was only taken to SA because of Abacha's corrupt system (bribery, which he didn't get he then insisted that since it would showcase naked people why even bother to bring it in) so the HQ went to South Africa.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nigerianmovie(m): 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Men its so bad for us. Every time I go to subscribe I always asked.....cant we choose channels to view and pay for them? Why pay for what u don't want? What agency is to regulate them?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by danot1030: 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's actually true. Tinubu is starting his own cable using the TVC platform. I also heard he's going to buy the premiership rights.
Afaam., easy, i hope u ar not practising hw 2 be one of d jan.1 prophet in 2014?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nigerianmovie(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
ejibaba: ABG network...this saudi arabian network..shows all matches including EPL..so why waste money on DSTV when my monthly 3500 shows me football

pls how can I get one?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Marksule(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
I pray make competition come. Then e go red for dstv
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by pcengineer: 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
GbagaunDetector: That tinubu tv had better be true. Like someone said if I was adenuga or dangote dstv would be history in Nigeria. Nonsense!!
Adenuga av his own tv station knwn as WAP TV. U can get it on startimes decoder.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by toptop: 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
heykims: is there any alternative to dstv dt shows european football matches?
Yes. I use Metro Digital TV. They televise all matches live. And the subscription fees are; 3k for single view and 4.5k for dual view.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Its a shame that huge companies like this don't understand business, same thing that happened to blackberry. Dstv need just one competition right now and they are dead in Nigeria. I wish I was in the position to be that competition
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by houstonia(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Promhize:

The mistake Hitv made was that they wanted single right to premiership. What they should have done was gotten for themselves and let dstv be able to get the same price and then drastically reduce the amount they charge their subscribers, but if I was someone like dangote, who born dstv well, they can never outbid me.

I believe increments as an enzyme could be found extensively in the Nigerian man's blood stream. So even as Dangote you'd decide to increase your own tariffs too as time goes.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by dominique(f): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
gbokukueba: When a Nigerian had the opportunity to send DSTV back to Mzanzi what did he do... he started storming viewing centres with policemen to harras business owners, then he went on a buying spree with the latest range of cars... today DSTV is back on the driver's seat and there is no competition forget all those funny cable stations they will fizzle away in no time...

I'm telling you! I was really rooting for Hitv to send dstv packing but that suberu guy messed up big time. Increasing tarrifs anyhow, terrorising viewing centres and the likes. Instead of increasing the quality and quantity of programs, he choose to focus on the football aspect alone. The guy goofed no be small.

There should be a way Nigerians can boycott payment of their subscriptions. Some will not hear of it, they depend on this rubbish cable channel as if their lives depend on it. They're the ones giving dstv the free hand to increase tarrifs anyhow.

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by houstonia(m): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
pcengineer: Adenuga av his own tv station knwn as WAP TV. U can get it on startimes decoder.

I believe he was referring to Mike and not Wale.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by gbokukueba(m): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
Promhize:

Unfortunately they do not have a second chance...
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
houstonia:

I believe increments as an enzyme could be found extensively in the Nigerian man's blood stream. So even as Dangote you'd decide to increase your own tariffs too as time goes.

Its like you work for them abi? Telling me nonsense!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Marksule(m): 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
STARTIMES could have been the competitor. But they hardly show Live EPL and other big competitions
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by kabba7(m): 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
Let's run DSTV out of town a guy in Kano has for close to 2 years beenn succesfuly configuring this AVATA or A~Z sky thing to break the DSTV codes. Or U̶̲̥̅̊ go for free on air I can't continue to slave for multichoice.
I've done mine since December 2012 & am Φkγ̲̣̣̥ after studying the cause of the initial hang ups.

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by akintun: 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
NBC should learn from d British regulators, and force DSTV to give out some premiership matches at cost price to other cable cariers.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
ejibaba: ABG network...this saudi arabian network..shows all matches including EPL..so why waste money on DSTV when my monthly 3500 shows me football

where are u using it? where and how much did u get it?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by lindiwey: 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
heykims: is there any alternative to dstv dt shows european football matches?

Yess.ABG all d way..u get to watch all d matches.monthly subscriptn is 3500.u also get to watch some selectd DSTV channels too.iv abandoned my Dstv since 3mths ago,its really not worth it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV / "I Would Go Nude For N45million" - Big Brother Naija 2018 Prospective Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.