Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick (989 Views)

Help Which Site Can I Buy Social Web Template! / Pls HELP!!! Which Programming Language Should I Learn?php Or Javascript / Help! Which Certification Is Right For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick by ivetech: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2013
Gd morning house, i'v been in d middle of making a choice of job for about 3 weeks now.

I am a .net developer. I just got 2 jobs, and am finding it difficult to make a choice. though I have resumed 1 about 3 days ago, yet am still not convinced if its d right choice.

job 1 description#:
providing support on accounting and similar software and developing new ones on vb 6.0.
pay: (job 2 pay) + 10k.

Job 2 description#:
development of applications using .net technologies(web /other platform)
getting trained and providing training to on dotnet and other techs.
pay: (job 1 pay) - 10k.

The issue is, I stopped programming in vb 6.0 since before graduation(2 yrs ago). and I don't think any one in my shoewould want to go back there.

another is that I have started @job 1(worked for 3 days) and job 2 is to start in bout 10 days from now.

all suggestions and contribution on wat choice to make, or wat to do r welcome. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick by spikesC(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2013
ivetech: Gd morning house, i'v been in d middle of making a choice of job for about 3 weeks now.

I am a .net developer. I just got 2 jobs, and am finding it difficult to make a choice. though I have resumed 1 about 3 days ago, yet am still not convinced if its d right choice.

job 1 description#:
providing support on accounting and similar software and developing new ones on vb 6.0.
pay: (job 2 pay) + 10k.

Job 2 description#:
development of applications using .net technologies(web /other platform)
getting trained and providing training to on dotnet and other techs.
pay: (job 1 pay) - 10k.

The issue is, I stopped programming in vb 6.0 since before graduation(2 yrs ago). and I don't think any one in my shoewould want to go back there.

another is that I have started @job 1(worked for 3 days) and job 2 is to start in bout 10 days from now.

all suggestions and contribution on wat choice to make, or wat to do r welcome. thanks in anticipation.

Haven't you answered your own question?
Besides, from the job description above, i think job 2 would give you more experience and advancement.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick by ivetech: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2013
spikes C:

Haven't you answered your own question?
Besides, from the job description above, i think job 2 would give you more experience and advancement.

ok, u suggest resigning from job 1. thanks
Re: Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick by spikesC(m): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2013
ivetech:

ok, u suggest resigning from job 1. thanks

No, i never did. I would never take a job i have doubts on

It will be a joke to work for 3 days and drop the job.
You shouldn't have taken the job in the first place, hope u haven't signed any contract with them though
Re: Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick by ivetech: 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
nope, just acceptance to appointment.

initially, wat was told is that we'll be working on migrating apps from 6.0 to vb.dotnet(though I major in c#). which is cool, but from the look of things it doesn't seem like wat it really is. dis discoveries I made within d three days of work
Re: Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick by spikesC(m): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
ivetech: nope, just acceptance to appointment.

initially, wat was told is that we'll be working on migrating apps from 6.0 to vb.dotnet(though I major in c#). which is cool, but from the look of things it doesn't seem like wat it really is. dis discoveries I made within d three days of work

Then you have a case. Just make sure the job 2 is guaranteed wink
Goodluck
Re: Help!!! Which Of This Jobs Should I Pick by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Help Pls...android Sdk With Netbeans Ide / Xml Assignment / Please Gurus Help A Java Beginner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.