Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,767 members, 7,862,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:13 PM

Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences (17076 Views)

When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by joyidarauko: 7:39am On Oct 12, 2013
I quit my job has a secretary of a company ,cause I wasn't paid the first month I start the job , which what I did was very right
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Coldfaya(m): 7:47am On Oct 12, 2013
qplus:

I forgot to add dat my salary trippled.

Am also about to resume work as an engineer in federal ministry of science an technology. So I guess I wil soon move from my present job to d next.

Ur ministry is really growing and moving to d permanent site abi na camp ground. Lol.

I sha tap into ur grace cos boiz dey fry outside here without any job. Not funny but God sha dey
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Phalldhe: 7:55am On Oct 12, 2013
My current job made me to identify my passion and also exposes me to what actually operates in the Nigeria labour market. Though the pay is small, but I thank GOD I got the job. What an eye opener.
For those who want to quit, ' look before you leap'. Qui cera cera.
Will be completing my contract/quitting the job by december by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by OCHULORC(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2013
kempest: Recently I quit my job for another which paid twice what I earned previously. I loved my previous job but need the pay coz I got another baby in the way.
Same here.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 12, 2013
I quit my job to start working with etisalat; following d resumptiom mail they sent me. They (etisalat) sent a mail again that d resumption has been postponed till further notice. Now I'm jobless. #sosad#.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by qplus(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2013
Cold faya:

Ur ministry is really growing and moving to d permanent site abi na camp ground. Lol.

I sha tap into ur grace cos boiz dey fry outside here without any job. Not funny but God sha dey

whatever u desire is Yours in JESUS Name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by anitank(f): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2013
All I want to do every day in this job is quit. As I speak, am getting ready for work. Mondays to Saturdays, public holidays am working. Its so stressful and the pay isn't even worth it. But when I think of the number of people at home doing nothing and crying each day for a job, I know for sure that I don't want to join that band wagon.

So till I get something better which I will, I am not quitting.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Edoblakky(m): 8:28am On Oct 12, 2013
I studied engineering but got a banking job. After working for a little above a year, an opportunity came 4 me to work in one of the giant oil companies. I didn't ask 4 any advice, I just resigned immediately and moved on. Now, I earn more than my former bank manager and I also work as an engineer and practice exactly what I studied in school. I'm grateful to God because I'm doing exactly what I studied and earning very good pay plus I regularly travel overseas for training and short-term work.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by lasunray(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2013
JECBOSS: Yep. I recently quit my job as a Medical doctor and went into Brick Laying Technology. I'm now a Senior Bricklayer!
Are you serious? I've bin longing for that. I wana learn that BLT. any assistance u can render will be appreciated
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Perfecter4real(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2013
Tuntheycr7: I quit ma job (as a corper earnin N19.800/m ) arnd feb. dis year, since den I neva gat anoda job.
D problem b say dem jux releasd anoda set ystde to join pple at home already. I jux de tink since ystde wen i saw dem 4 TV
It's well
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by patostation(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2013
Thebrightest: Mine was due to stupendously polobocratic and
syntromoniously fowllic issue which caused copious atrocity propagated by an electroencephallographically irreversible impairement which was flabbergastically sarcastic.

Oga Patrick Obiahagbon don join Nairaland so? I just dey wonder.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Ediss(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2013
Yes I quite my job as a secretary in a company where my pay was 15k the this current one as a senior officer in the Nigeria customs service.

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by saintgwizard(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2013
frodobee: Dont kid yourself. The earlier you quit that baboon work, monkey chop work and work for yourself the better.
Let me tell those of you who are bankers; if you put in the time and dedication you put in your banking job into selling recharge cards, in five years you will be the reference point in recharge card and allied business.

And who said they can't be the reference banker in 5 years.
Besides how many companies do you have registered to your name so far.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Ediss(m): 8:57am On Oct 12, 2013
;DYes I quite my job as a secretary in a company where my pay was 15k the this current one as a senior officer in the Nigeria customs service.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by chukyjones(m): 9:06am On Oct 12, 2013
frodobee: Dont kid yourself. The earlier you quit that baboon work, monkey chop work and work for yourself the better.
Let me tell those of you who are bankers; if you put in the time and dedication you put in your banking job into selling recharge cards, in five years you will be the reference point in recharge card and allied business.
my broda were you a banker? i am currently one and its sheer slavery.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by naturalwaves: 9:11am On Oct 12, 2013
Having stayed jobless for almost a year after service, I eventually picked up a meantime job in one of the old generation banks as a Teller on a contract basis. I never liked the job because;
1)It wasn't the kind of job I wanted, I studied computer science.
2)It never gave me time to do anything, not even the time to spend the salary.lol. The most painful experience I had was during the last Nations cup. I missed almost all the matches cos most were played during work hours and they didn't switch to the match playing channel.
3) I was being overused....I take cash lodgements, pay cash, confirm cheques through calls, update customers info at weekends and so on.
4)The old generation bank lacks organisation and the whole work load falls on you at the end of the day. If you can't balance the accounts, that's another problem.
5)The work environment was so hostile and I was never appreciated even though I did my job perfectly. Infact, there was a day my Boss who was a Vault Teller said that the problem I have is that I always try to be too perfect instead of complimenting me for a job well done cos I aleays use a maximum of 20 minutes to balance the accounts for the day after closing to customers.
6) The job was a risky one as the appointment could be terminated at any time.
7)Anytime I want to write an Aptitude test for another job, it is usually a tug of war. If my exam is in two days time, I will pretend like I am sick and won't come to work on the day of the test. Sometimes, I rely on sick leave to do that.

God so good, I got another job with the Lagos state government as an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) instructor in one of the secondary schools and I am enjoying the job so much.
I have enough time to myself, time to do personal studies, time to do Masters and IT certifications, time to develop and to cap it all, the job is a PERMANENT job so, if I want to switch, I will know that I still have a job no matter what.
My dream is to be a lecturer someday, infact, a Professor and my new job is very close to making that a reality. A teaching platform before lecturing is a good one, teaching is so much fun!

4 Likes

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by oba2flex(m): 9:13am On Oct 12, 2013
joyidarauko: I quit my job has a secretary of a company ,cause I wasn't paid the first month I start the job , which what I did was very right
No wonder u were not paid

3 Likes

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by toprealman: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Which one is 'giant oil company' biko kwa? Do we have dwarf oil companies? Na real wa for my people oh.

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Incrizz(f): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2013
nwaribe: I quit my job to start working with etisalat; following d resumptiom mail they sent me. They (etisalat) sent a mail again that d resumption has been postponed till further notice. Now I'm jobless. #sosad#.
cry

oba2flex: No wonder u were not paid
You got eyes that see and a brain that works!
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 12, 2013
Dey bobo yourself o fiverr ko sevenrr ni
Adeniyi077: I quit my teaching job to start Fiverr business. Now, it has earned me more than one thousand dollars in two months.

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Yaasir(m): 9:46am On Oct 12, 2013
This is the 2nd time I would change job this year; Access to StanbicIBTC to Cadbury. The first move was quite easy cos the pay was more and the grade. The present one was much more complicated. The pay is far less but I just love Cadbury. Unfortunately, Stanbic increased my salary by 50% immediately I tendered my resignation. The day I signed my offer letter with Cadbury I got another offer from Ecobank which is twice Cadbury's. All the same, I am now with Cadbury but being approached by another telecoms presently.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by maestrob(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2013
Thebrightest: Mine was due to stupendously polobocratic and
syntromoniously fowllic issue which caused copious atrocity propagated by an electroencephallographically irreversible impairement which was flabbergastically sarcastic.

Gabriel Obiaghom 2nd
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by ToyinDipo(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2013
Yesoo, I kinda had to, but unfortunately the great one I was eying just slipped out of my finger sad cry
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by akpur1(m): 9:56am On Oct 12, 2013
dridowu: Hmmmmm, its has been on my mind 4 like 8mts now to quit my job but am scared , so am yet to quit
that is it u are afraid of change to live a better life
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by akpur1(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2013
One Shy Boy: For me, twas simple. Was receivin' 3k before, now moved up to 7k. Please, shout halleluyah for me. My first post ever. grin
thats change for a better life
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by oluboyo04(m): 10:00am On Oct 12, 2013
i mad?
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by IMMUNO1(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2013
Are you senator Patrick's brother?......lol[quote
author=Thebrightest]Mine was due to stupendously polobocratic and
syntromoniously fowllic issue which caused copious atrocity propagated
by an electroencephallographically irreversible impairement which was
flabbergastically sarcastic. [/quote]
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Panshow(m): 10:11am On Oct 12, 2013
Well, I am quitting being a slave to another man comes this December. Enough of this bullshitt.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2013
I didn't really quit my Job, anyway by this time last, the firm i was working with as wholesale Executive was gradually changing to another line of business, they sacked some and asked some of us to go and collect form and reapply, in reapplying, you have lost all the years of experience, they will also employ you as if you are a new staff and all sort of trash(this type of thing is common in Nigeria) .

I didn't collect the form, i was calm and watching as everything unfold, and trusting for something great.
As God will have it, second week of december last year, i was asked to attend an interview in lagos, after the interview, training started immediately for the next one month, it while in lagos that i was told that they sacked the people that did re-apply or were not asked to reapply, i just laughed because this current Job gives me four times my previously small salary and it also give me the ability to be the Boss(Manager) over some people at my end(Location) of the office.. Still marching forward and trusting God for greater things.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by dridowu: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2013
akpur1: that is it u are afraid of change to live a better life
not dat am afraid of better life just dat i need to put some thing in place b4 i leap. Meaning " look before you leap " is essential

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please ADVICE: 2.2 And Masters Abroad / How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future / What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.