Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) (4160 Views)

40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana / 9ice At Mandela's Birthday Concert / Watch 9ice Performance In London At Mandela Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by deor03(m): 1:12am On Jun 30, 2008
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by lailai2(m): 2:38am On Jun 30, 2008
very imprssive

guess he's now in high reckoning, his CV can definitely now stand among other
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by ikamefa(f): 3:02am On Jun 30, 2008
awwwwwwww

love it ! this akoka boy don dey step up oh grin grin grin
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by shilling(f): 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
He's so smooth. I'm so proud of him. If I knew he was going to perform, I'll have watched the whole concert. I only watched the beginning and went to bed. Damn!
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by folly69(m): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
very 9ice wink
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by mrmetoo(m): 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
I was actually kinda nervous (use lightly) looking at this video because of the not-so-good comments on another thread going about his performance. I thought it was a pretty good perfomance, he looked sharp and confident and did his thing. What would have just completed the performance would have been some nice back-up dancers because I think when u're playing to crowd that might not really be familiar with ur song, back up dancers set the tone kinda for the way the audience would move to the music. Another thing people were complaining about was the live band, i thought they did a great job. When artistes play with live bands, they always throw in a live band flavor a lil bit diff from the original instrumentals which i enjoy a lot, the drums, the cowbells (i think), trumpet, sax, and so on.
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by uchie(f): 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2008
dunno if d pics have been posted yet,
he looked good

source - http://bellanaija..com/2008/06/monday-luv.html

Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Modups1(f): 9:20am On Jul 01, 2008
i was pleasantly shocked when he got on stage, am so proud of d guy
the performance could have been better but overall a nice try

9icely Baba! grin grin
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Bamsyle(m): 9:43am On Jul 01, 2008
That performance was off da chain!!!! Awesome.
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by FLOWSHOW: 11:11am On Jul 01, 2008
personally gongo aso is wack , i woulda preferred street credibility' live
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Mustay(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2008
personally street credibility is wack

I loffed the 'slowness' of the gongo aso
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Modups1(f): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
FLOWSHOW:

personally gongo aso is wack , i woulda preferred street credibility' live

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Mustay:

personally street credibility is wack

I loffed the 'slowness' of the gongo aso

double HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by lailai2(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2008
u werent the only one there
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
Guy, nothing fascinating in that Vid. the guy's voice was failing, or him chop alligator pepper?? Man the performance was poor. Anyway him rep don high small at least with the help of Sympathizers.
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Mustay(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2008
somehow, methinks he wasn't confident enuf
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2008
I think he was given a limited time to perform along with some strange backup singers which he might have probably only known for one day or less.
you can see he virtually rushed in and out.
those backup singers will make any song sound wack, whether na Dbanj or P squared.
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Mustay(m): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2008
9ice makes first overseas trip

For the first time Nigeria’s rave of the moment, 9ice, stepped out of the country last weekend and made history with a stage performance at the birthday concert organised for the globally respected former South African president, Nelson Mandela.

9ice

The Gongo Aso crooner joined other international artistes to celebrate Mandela’s 90th birthday, which was sponsored by Zain Group.

9ice described the trip and his experience as mind-blowing. “It was a wonderful experience. I had fun. I thank Celtel Nigeria, the sponsors of the concert, for giving me the opportunity to play at such a big stage with great stars and a massive audience.”

The birthday concert was a great moment for 9ice as he took the stage right after Amy Winehouse, to thrill the over 40,000-strong audience at Hyde Park, London.

Many believe that 9ice felt intimidated during the concert, and that affected his performance. But the crooner felt otherwise. “It was more of excitement than intimidation,” he said. “The back up did not understand the language I was singing in. The band did not understand me either. It was a lot different from what they were used to.”
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by ehikioyao: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2008
i beg who say 9ice kwon try make e go singe e own,we should lean 2aspect our own.9ice my man carry go nothing do u,
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by simmy(m): 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2008
could have been better
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by boro43(m): 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2008
Very impressive performance by 9ice ,not minding the rather dumb comments of some others on this thread.
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by bisikat: 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2008
9ice 1
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by femigirl(f): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2008
9ice is doing great things. Can you imagine the honour of him being on that stage. Thank you Celtel for askig him.I feel he did a good job for his first major international appearance. You could hear nerves in his voice but i am 110% proud of him and all Nigerians should be too. 9ice, You are putting Nigeria on the map for good things we love you.

9ice is in concert on the 25th July in London at the Troxy,E1. Go and show some love
Re: 9ice's Performance At Mandela Concert In London ( See Video !) by Tats(m): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2008
boro43:

Very impressive performance by 9ice ,not minding the rather dumb comments of some others on this thread.

Is that your idea of a very impressive performance? No doubt it was good but not very impressive!

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid&michael MP3 Music Song Lagu Download Free - Mp3crop.com Is An Search Eng / Modenine Death Blow-should Ruggedman Reply Or Remain A Coward Forever?poll / How To Get A Record Deal In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.