Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? (4013 Views)

5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment / What Is Imo State Best Known For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by biafranqueen: 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
kizmartino:

**operation Ghana-must-go**..dis was a blessin in disguise 4Ghanians..only dat other 9ja neighbous are yet to learn frm dis..

Ghana's development is d solution 2Nigeria's problem..

Reason:we drove dem nd others away..hence dey had no option than 2develop their own country.. I think Nigerians in diaspora shld cum home nd develop 9ja..

N.b:dnt even think of drivin Nigerians cux dey will alwayzz fnd a way 2stay..

**operation 9jas must cum bck**

I agree 100 % that is why China is now the Super Power they sent them out and brought them back to develop. We must come back!
Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
What positive thing do I think of when I hear Nigeria? I think an outsider should tell us. grin
Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by Afam4eva(m): 8:01am On Oct 06, 2013
stillwater: What positive thing do I think of when I hear Nigeria? I think an outsider should tell us. grin

I think so too. They're in a better position.
Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by Goddex: 8:18am On Oct 06, 2013
@Afam

NOLLYWOOD.
I think FG is encouraging nollywood as a brand to project Nigeria.
Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 06, 2013
Nigeria is reknowned for her email scams,fraudsters and corruption
Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by macof(m): 11:50am On Oct 06, 2013
emk4lif: Nigeria is reknowned for her email scams,fraudsters and corruption
they asked positive things. And every nation has fraudsters and there's corruption everywhere
Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
football
largest collection of blacks (population)
oil
music (no particular genre)
happiness (despite all tribulations)
creativity and literature
peacekeeping( mainly in africa)
corruption
yahoo yahoo grin
Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by EzePromoe: 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
[b]NOLLYWOOD: The 2nd largest movie industry in terms of production output. Most watched in Africa.

AFROBEAT: When you talk of this, everyone knows you are talking of Nigerian music. Fela, the progenitor, was known anywhere in the world just like Bob Marley. The word "Afrobeat" is included in the 8th edition of Oxford English dictionary.

At least that is the major brands peculiar to Nigeria. Others are Literature, Religion fanatics, Africa's largest oil producing nation, Highest black population etc.
Anyone who closes his/her ears and eyes to anything good from Nigeria, will never hear or see anything good about the country.
If the OP could defy the poverty, corruption and primitiveness and mention a country like Kenya because of the wild life which is prevalent in the East and Southern African countries in general, while is Nigeria not suitable for such, having the richest blackman and a gargantuan oil reserves.

THE MIDDLE EAST is known for violence, but yet everyone wanna shop in Dubai.

JAPAN is known for natural disasters, yet people see it as a destination for technology.

SOUTH AFRICA is known for rape crime, homicide etc, yet seen as African biggest economy.

NIGERIA is corrupt, NIGERIA is doomed, NIGERIA is this and that, thats all you hear Nigerians say.
Negative Mindsets!

Do you know that many people, especially Africans are praying for a visa to get into Nigeria.
My Kenyan friend on Facebook who is an upcoming musician keeps telling me that the best thing that will happen to him in life is to get a visa to Nigeria.
He sees here as a place where he can boost his music carrier.
You can never know the value of Nigeria until you visit other countries.
Bless Nigeria and you will be blessed, Condemn Nigeria and you will always remain condemned because you are Nigeria and Nigeria is you. That makes you a NIGERIAN!
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by macof(m): 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Eze Promoe: [b]NOLLYWOOD: The 2nd largest movie industry in terms of production output. Most watched in Africa.

AFROBEAT: When you talk of this, everyone knows you are talking of Nigerian music. Fela, the progenitor, was known anywhere in the world just like Bob Marley. The word "Afrobeat" is included in the 8th edition of Oxford English dictionary.

At least that is the major brands peculiar to Nigeria. Others are Literature, Religion fanatics, Africa's largest oil producing nation, Highest black population etc.
Anyone who closes his/her ears and eyes to anything good from Nigeria, will never hear or see anything good about the country.
If the OP could defy the poverty, corruption and primitiveness and mention a country like Kenya because of the wild life which is prevalent in the East and Southern African countries in general, while is Nigeria not suitable for such, having the richest blackman and a gargantuan oil reserves.

THE MIDDLE EAST is known for violence, but yet everyone wanna shop in Dubai.

JAPAN is known for natural disasters, yet people see it as a destination for technology.

SOUTH AFRICA is known for rape crime, homicide etc, yet seen as African biggest economy.

NIGERIA is corrupt, NIGERIA is doomed, NIGERIA is this and that, thats all you hear Nigerians say.
Negative Mindsets!

Do you know that many people, especially Africans are praying for a visa to get into Nigeria.
My Kenyan friend on Facebook who is an upcoming musician keeps telling me that the best thing that will happen to him in life is to get a visa to Nigeria.
He sees here as a place where he can boost his music carrier.
You can never know the value of Nigeria until you visit other countries.
Bless Nigeria and you will be blessed, Condemn Nigeria and you will always remain condemned because you are Nigeria and Nigeria is you. That makes you a NIGERIAN!
[/b]
smiley am so in love with this post. So much sense

May your God grant u more wisdom
Re: What Is Nigeria Known For? Is Our Country Big For Nothing? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nigeria is known to have the highest concentration of Christians and Muslims trying to co-exist within the same geographical boundaries.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best State Governor Nigeria Ever Had-the man Suswam / SHOCKER ; Five Govs Attend APC Rally In Sokoto, Buhari Absent. / Igbinedion University Was Built With Edo State Money – Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.