Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

What Have You Suffered For Christ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Have You Suffered For Christ? (8524 Views)

Pastor Orders Female Congregants To Come To Church Without Underwear For Christ / Blinging For Christ: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Rocks Expensive Gold Jewellry / Watching For Christ's Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Adwexky(m): 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: And this made front page? sad
In fact this post is more than a post that ought to be posted on the front page because it is a question that every christian ought to provide an answer to.
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Juliedora79(f): 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
swhiss: Almost very day i spend hours to teach people about the good news of Gods kingdom from door to door...and i do these under very unfavorable weather conditions like the scorching sun, rain and cold, treking very long distances, i also experience attacks from house holders, sme bang their doors at me, others spit on me, some pour water on me.
I also somtimes recieve opposition from friends and relatives for my decision to serve God with the right organisation.

I do not relent in my effort because of all this, rather it strengtens my faith the more, knowing that wat i am passing tru cannot be compared to wat christ himself suffered. And the joy i derive from teaching people the bible and being among those who are taking part in bringing the prophecy recorded at mathew 24:14 to fufilment has serve as a great source of encoragement 4 me to continue! cheesy

As a witness persecutions are sure to come and you have very well coped with them.. Just hope I can be as brave as you and make my decision and stand by them irrespective of pressures and rejection from family.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by jimjones: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
i have suffered absolutely nothing for bros j. and by god i intend to keep it that way, in jesus mighty name, amem.
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by freeradical(m): 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
Laja Laba: Konji 247 cryand my pistol is heavily loaded
Now that's genuine suffering. To deny your urges because of your love for Christ not to commit sin (fornication/adultery) is truly suffering. Just dont forget to offer it up to him in prayer. Trust me its not self righteousness wink
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by freeradical(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
solomon111: The only people suffering for christ are those practising christianity and preaching the gospel in very hostile places at the risk of death.
You are so wrong man. they are not the only ones.
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by delkuf(m): 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
free radical: Now that's genuine suffering. To deny your urges because of your love for Christ not to commit sin (fornication/adultery) is truly suffering. Just dont forget to offer it up to him in prayer. Trust me its not self righteousness wink
that is §uffering too my brother. Is not easy to stay without committing adultery in this present world.
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by lastmessenger: 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
Suffering not a good thing.i rather enjoy for christ
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by sayso: 7:12am On Oct 07, 2013
follow in the way of the Cross and his passion.Pray always for your enemies, that is a great pain in the heart.Jesus did it, so we as Christians must follow.
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Tubo3(m): 8:05am On Oct 07, 2013
hunter2,1:
must we suffer??
yes Oh, we have to, but not like carrying a big cross just like our savor did, like, paying our tithes n offerings, creating time for GOD even wen we are not chanced, loving one another preaching d good news, etc, Christianity is not free Oh, there's a price to pay
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by swhiss: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2013
Juliedora79:

As a witness persecutions are sure to come and you have very well coped with them.. Just hope I can be as brave as you and make my decision and stand by them irrespective of pressures and rejection from family.

jehovah has been very supportive throughout this times...and i am certain he's going to extend thesame love towards u if u prayerfully make ur decisions.
I find prov 3:5-6, psalms 55:22 and psalms 27:10 very helpful, and it will also be for u.
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by lawrence500(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2013
U may do all this, Just ask yourself this question, do God recognised it? Doing all this do qualified u to be the true follower of Christ
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by lawrence500(m): 9:42am On Oct 07, 2013
Your mum and Dad loved u most that Is y they are teaching u the best way to be in good relationship with Christ. It will be better u take the order of your parent. Guy Christ love u most
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Bblaq17(f): 11:08am On Oct 07, 2013
First of all,everybody has different purposes in life and since we all have different purposes then,we all should have different ways of suffering for Christ.
Everybody cant be a missionary because if everybody is a missionary then who wil be a painter,geologist,banker etc.
Sufferings for Christ entails persecutions,tribulations,denial,rejections,embarrasments etc.
The reason why we suffer for Christ is because we dont mind the things of this world again so people who mind the things of whis world will call us foolish and tend to do all things in their capacity to torture us.we now operate in the supernatural which is far abova the natural.we now wrestle against principalities,powers,spiritual wickednaess in high places n not flesh and blood.
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Bblaq17(f): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2013
lastmessenger: Suffering not a good thing.i rather enjoy for christ
as christians, we must suffer for Christ because to follow Christ,we have to forsake most things.
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Alwaystrue(f): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2013
Anyone who truly lives for Jesus will 'suffer' when you say and do the right things in this world. There are a lot of things you will miss out on but you will gain much more of the Kingdom of God in righteousness, peace and His joy.

Is it shame, ridicles, scorn, abuse? Jesus suffered greater. Is it loss of certain things in the is life like friends, like business deals, like failing exams because you decide not to cheat or even write down what people are whispering around you? Is it giving up supposed worldly pleasures because the needs around you are so great and you even pray to do much more? Or is it being a 'fool' and not doing somethings the world is doing to get faster results because you know the will of your Father? There are so many things we die to daily in this world to do what Jesus wants us to do.

Whatever we may claim to suffer is even by the grace of God (I Corinthians 15:10) and still we should see ourselves as shown in the scripture below, we are doing what the Master told us to do. I Peter 2:19-20.

Luke 17:9-10
9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do

1 Like

Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Candour(m): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
Alwaystrue: Anyone who truly lives for Jesus will 'suffer' when you say and do the right things in this world. There are a lot of things you will miss out on but you will gain much more of the Kingdom of God in righteousness, peace and His joy.

Is it shame, ridicles, scorn, abuse? Jesus suffered greater. Is it loss of certain things in the is life like friends, like business deals, like failing exams because you decide not to cheat or even write down what people are whispering around you? Is it giving up supposed worldly pleasures because the needs around you are so great and you even pray to do much more? Or is it being a 'fool' and not doing somethings the world is doing to get faster results because you know the will of your Father? There are so many things we die to daily in this world to do what Jesus wants us to do.

Whatever we may claim to suffer is even by the grace of God (I Corinthians 15:10) and still we should see ourselves as shown in the scripture below, we are doing what the Master told us to do. I Peter 2:19-20.

Luke 17:9-10

9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do

hmmm....very true and timely message.
God bless
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
@OP well said.
"Christ suffered leaving u an example that u should follow." (1 Pet ii.21)
"Brethren, Christ having suffered in the flesh be u also armed with the same thought" (1 Pet iv.1)
Re: What Have You Suffered For Christ? by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 08, 2013
Segeggs: "i will show him how much he must suffer for my name"Acts 9:16

the above verse was jesus talking to ananias concerning saul who later became paul.

God's calling today has been miscontrued for a calling to enjoyement. Many of today's christians arent worth the name cos they are yet to suffer a little of what jesus and the early apostle suffered. Today, christians give their life to God and expect everything to go rosy which shouldnt be the case. We are called to be soldiers in an on-going battle between good and evil and as soldiers we are expected to experience casualties.

Christ called paul and the early apostles to suffer for his sake just like he suffered for us. The case today is quite different as people see christianity as a way of getting out of problems of poverty to amassing wealth and financial success. Nobody is willing to suffer anymore. Some may say "christ paid it all" but i'll say he paved the way for us to follow to have a resurrection and everlasting life like him. And what is the way? It is a way filled with pain and suffering but joy at the end in a paradise earth which is the goal.

Most people see themselves as good christians cos of what they are enjoying. Even our pastors, after counting fleets of cars and jets rejoice in the lord. The early apostles left the home, family and belongings to be with jesus and to enjoy in that place where moth doesnt eat and thieves dont break in but we today pile up treasures on earth which makes it difficult to follow jesus.

My question for you is...what have you suffered for christ?

Nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / Pastor Undresses,kisses Female Members On The Bottom To Get Husbands / What Is Atheism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.