Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine (11281 Views)

Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful / Anathemas By Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) : Read Carefully Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
A book entitled A Divine Revelation of Hell by Mary K. Baxter is said to chronicle Baxter’s forty-night journey through heaven and hell. While being interviewed by Sid Roth on “It’s Supernatural,” a program broadcast by Daystar, Baxter stated that Jesus personally took her through hell for thirty nights and through heaven for ten nights. She also stated that Jesus told her to write about this so people can “know that hell is real and how people can avoid going there.” In other words, Baxter claims that Jesus wanted this book written so people can hear the gospel. Baxter discussed other things that she claimed Jesus showed her. The program encourages people to purchase the book for a “donation” of $18. (Full transcript)

There are grave problems with this book. First, if this is truly a “divine” revelation from God, then it should be included in Scripture. Second, to say that Jesus wanted Baxter to write a book about how to overcome evil and be saved, then that presumes that the Bible does not already contain this message.

Problem One: Revelation is Closed
There are two views regarding revelation: closed vs. open. Before explaining these things, I must first define revelation. Revelation is information that God makes known about himself and his plan that has never before been made known. This differs from illumination, which is to make revelation understood. When most people say they are receiving or presenting a revelation, they actually are referring to illumination; they are using the incorrect term.

Many Christians believe that revelation is closed; some believe it is open. Closed revelation means that God has revealed all he chose to reveal about himself. Scripture and nature contain that revelation; Jesus is the living revelation, but it is through Scripture that we know about Jesus. Open revelation means that there are still things that are not known that God still intends to make known. Those who hold to a closed revelation believe that the Bible is complete and no new books will be added. Open revelation Christians believe that there are books that may be included with Scripture at a later date.

If Baxter is correct, then Scripture, as we have it in the Bible, is incomplete. Also, because her book is claimed to be “divine” revelation, she is equating it with Scripture, which is an open revelation view. However, Scripture addressed this question already. The final book written, the book of Revelation, given to the apostle John, contains this answer. At the end of the book, Jesus tells John:

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.-Revelation 22:18-19, NASB

This statement was given by Christ at the end of the final revelation given to man. This was done, I believe, intentionally in order to make it known that revelation is closed. If revelation is open, then this statement is nullified. Whether one believes that these verses apply only to the book of Revelation or to the whole of Scripture, if someone receives new revelation then they are adding to or taking away from the book. This is because they are promoting “revelation” that adds to or takes away from what is written in the book of Revelation and Scripture, including the gospel, theology, and prophecy. One must ask why Jesus would condemn anyone who takes away from or adds to the book if revelation is open. If revelation is open, then Jesus’ statement is nullified. However, this statement stands true and closes revelation.

Baxter’s book supposedly gives new revelation about all the issues addressed in Scripture generally and the book of Revelation specifically. However, since revelation is closed, one must reject her book because it is not divine revelation, but either a commentary, heresy, or fiction.

Problem Two: Scripture is Complete
Baxter claims that Jesus wanted her to write this book so people will know how to overcome evil and be saved. In other words, because Jesus wanted people to have the gospel, he needed her to write this book. This presumes that Scripture as found in the Bible does not already address these issues. However, there are many passages that present the gospel message. Many passages deal with overcoming sin, evil, and Satan. Many passages teach about hell. In short, Scripture already teaches what she claims her book is supposed to reveal.

Another implication of her claim is that if the gospel was not known until her book came out, then how did all the millions of people learn the gospel from a Bible that supposedly does not contain the gospel? How did they get saved without her book?

The truth is, Paul made it clear that “all Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17, NASB). In other words, Scripture contains all we need in order to know how to be saved and grow in Christ in order to glorify God. Baxter’s book is not needed.

Conclusion
Christians should avoid Baxter’s book. It is not revelation, as she claims. Based on her claims that the book is not illumination, but new revelation, it violates the teaching in Scripture, demotes Scripture, and is, therefore, heresy.

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Image123(m): 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
is it a new book? who did she see in hell and heaven BTW,
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by ijawkid(m): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
Image123: is it a new book? who did she see in hell and heaven BTW,

Lol

Definitly satan with a pitch fork in hell....

Its funny when I hear these stories...

Instead of many to be struggling to decipher what d book of revelations has to say to us and what we shuld expect in this stream of time many are busy dispensing spurious dreams and revelations...

I never listen to prophecies or dreams or visions of people today,because all we need is in d book d bible.....

I rather find it interesting to delve into bible chronology and see how events recorded in d bible fit into our day....
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Image123(m): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol

Definitly satan with a pitch fork in hell....

Its funny when I hear these stories...

Instead of many to be struggling to decipher what d book of revelations has to say to us and what we shuld expect in this stream of time many are busy dispensing spurious dreams and revelations...

I never listen to prophecies or dreams or visions of people today,because all we need is in d book d bible.....

I rather find it interesting to delve into bible chronology and see how events recorded in d bible fit into our day....

not to downplay anyone's experience though, but all experience should be in lieu and light of the Scriptures and the Spirit of God with discernment.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by soloj1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
@ Frosbel, Baxter,s books have been a great blessings to me and many people out there. Her experiences have Biblical backings. I, for one have led some souls to the Lord using her books with Biblical references. Get and read 'HEAVEN IS REAL' - By Mrs. CHO. You will find Jesus Christ validating the veracity of Baxter's Books. I reckon we will have to rethink our theology about revelations, Iluminations, Inspirations and co.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
solo.j:
@ Frosbel, Baxter,s books have been a great blessings to me and many people out there. Her experiences have Biblical backings. I, for one have led some souls to the Lord using her books with Biblical references. Get and read 'HEAVEN IS REAL' - By Mrs. CHO. You will find Jesus Christ validating the veracity of Baxter's Books. I reckon we will have to rethink our theology about revelations, Iluminations, Inspirations and co.

Let us discuss a number of Mary Baxter's so called revelations .

“‘Behold, My child,’ Jesus said, ‘I am going to take you by My Spirit into hell so that you may be able to make a record of the reality of it, to tell the whole earth that hell is real, and to bring the lost out of darkness and into the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ.’"

In other words, by scaring people to death with the gruesome depictions of an awful and relentless torture chamber, they will now fall into the loving arms of their Savior, Who, according to Mary, is a vengeful and confused schizophrenic milksop, as you will soon see.

Question: If a soul sees hell, as Baxter describes, is filled with fear, and runs to her Jesus, will that soul say, “Thank you for saving me, Jesus”? Or will that soul say, “Whew, that was close! Good thing I made the right decision!”? In other words, is it self-salvation or Christ salvation? And what kind of gratitude can someone possibly have when threatened into decision? Does this sound like true salvation? We don’t think so!

She then puts these words in His mouth:

“‘These things you are about to see will always be with you. The world must know about the reality of hell. Many sinners and even some of My people do not believe that hell is real. You have been chosen by Me to reveal these truths to them. Everything I will show you about hell and all the other things I will show you are true.’”

Does the Lord, Who is the Truth, have to vouch for what He reveals as true? Those are not the words of the Lord of glory, the Truth Himself, but of carnival hucksters who trade on the credulity of the ignorant. Yet even they might have some basis for their claims, whereas Mary presents a figment of her perverse imagination as God Almighty. There can be no greater scam.

As for sinners not believing hell is real, how are the dead supposed to be able to perceive the state they are in? Not having experienced life or Heaven, how are they to have any contrast by which they can see the death and hell they are choosing or are now in?

“But he does not know that the dead are there; her guests are in the depths of hell”(Proverbs 9:18 ).

On the other hand, when the Holy Spirit of God convicts and quickens a soul in its death state, it is not fear of torment that moves that person to repentance, but revulsion of the exposed sin nature and abhorrence of self in the light of God’s glory.

What follows are descriptions of several of the souls Mary says she saw in hell.

"I looked and saw that the lost soul in the pit was caged inside a skeleton form. 'My Lord,' I cried at the sight, 'Can't you let them out?' How awful was the sight! I thought, This could be me. I said, 'Lord, how sad it is to see and know that a living soul is in there.'

I heard a cry from the center of the first pit. I saw a soul in the form of a skeleton, crying, 'Jesus, have mercy!'

'O, Lord!' I said. It was the voice of a woman. I looked at her and wanted to pull her out of the fire. The sight of her broke my heart.

The skeleton form of a woman with a dirty-grey mist inside was talking to Jesus. In shock, I listened to her. Decayed flesh hung by shreds from her bones, and, as it burned, it fell off into the bottom of the pit. Where her eyes had once been were now only empty sockets. She had no hair.

The fire started at her feet in small flames and grew as it climbed up and over her body. The woman seemed to be constantly burning, even when the flames were only embers. From deep down inside her came cries and groans of despair, 'Lord, Lord, I want out of here!'"

No kidding! This poor wretch is on fire forever, her flesh somehow and supposedly able to perpetually renew itself in a continual barbecue. Have you ever burned yourself? Recall how it hurt. Now think about experiencing that non-stop over your entire body, down to the bone, with no end, forever. What sadistic being would ever think or desire such a thing?

We have the evidence here that human beings are more than willing to imagine this for their fellow humans, but the thought never crossed God’s mind, according to His Own Words and demonstrated throughout His creation. We never see the likes of Baxter’s thinking in this world, and we read nothing in Scripture or hear from God of any such thing in the next.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by God2man(m): 9:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
solo.j:

@frosbel, if a book has become a blessing to many people, why are you criticizing the book.
This is why many christians run away from nairaland. We never agree. The Lord will deliver us.
God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
God2man:

@frosbel, if a book has become a blessing to many people, why are you criticizing the book.
This is why many christians run away from nairaland. We never agree. The Lord will deliver us.
God bless you.
God2man.

We should worship God because we Love him and Hate SIN, not because of some grim, false nonsense called revelation of hell. Let's call a spade a spade , the book is false teaching.

Hell exists, but all that we need to know is made plain in the bible , anything else is adding to the word of GOD.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
solo.j:

My dear I do not read books about hell or heaven.

Even the great apostle Paul was shown a vision of heaven , yet he did not boast about it or reveal the contents of his vision. But we now see , in these last days of deception, 'everybody' going to hell and heaven.

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses." - 2 Corinthians 12:2-5

"However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"-1 Corinthians 2:9

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2012
Another issue which I have with these revelations is that they go on to write books, sell CDs, tapes etc , tell me is this right

Surely God's revelation is not up for sale, right ?

Please let us use wisdom , if we are unsure , ask God for this wisdom , otherwise we will be deceived.

Read the Bible , Bible and the Bible. It contains all the truths you need to know. Read it , meditate on it and ask God for illumination of it's contents.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by cyrexx: 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2012
I used to be a very fervent born-again christian and i have bought this book since 2005 and i used to believe it is true (I even use several copies for personal evangelism) until i cant find anwsers to some of these questions

1. this book describes Jesus as a wicked, schizophrenic monster. wicked as in people will cry out to him for mercy and he will just ignore them and even add to their sorrow by his harsh uncomforting words. schizophrenic as in one minute he will be joyful, the next minute he will be shedding tears. Now if Jesus is the omniscient creator and he has the foreknowledge that these souls he is visiting in hell will spend eternity there, why did he permit them to be born and why didnt he prevent them from going to this horrible place. this is the first on the series of questions that led me to the path of atheism.

2. why do revelations about God emphasize on Hell. as if the creator of the universe's main business is deciding who will go and who will not go to hell. are there no other problems of mankind that God can address in his revelations to his prophets and help us to solve than just talking about hell

3. how will you prove it wrong if another person from another religion claims his God reveals himself to him and says christians will burn in hell forever if they do not believe him that His God is the only true God instead of the Christians's God. if you believe that other religion's revelation is wrong, then why do you believe this divine revelation is not wrong, since you cant prove both

4. God has revealed himself to more than four billion muslims, buddhists and hindus and God didnt tell them that they will burn in hell alive in excruciating pain for trillions and trillions and triliions of years if they refuse to worship the Jewish God. Even long before the europeans came to africa, God has revealed Himself to my forefathers and didnt tell them that they will burn in hell for refusing to follow a white mans God according to this divine revelations

5. The Bible says God will judge all men at the end of the world, but why are these revelations showing that God has already judged people before the judgement day. God is contradicting Himself?

6. how much sin and wickedness can someone do in one's lifetime that will deserve a sentence of spending billions and billions of years burning in pain with no hope of ever finishing that sentence.imagine a man that proposes to a man by saying "i love you and i will lay my life down for, pls be my wife forever.BUT if you refuse to accept me i have a secret torture chamber originally made for my enemies that i will use torture you FOREVER with no rest day and night, even if you eventually change your mind about me later. there will NEVER be forgiveness for you again. you better marry me now or else". is that genuine love. do christians love God and worship Him genuinely or they fear hell fire?

7. Christians, if you are to make heaven and avoid hell, will you be truly happy when you remember that probably some of your relatives and friends are still burning alive somewhere else. what kind of heaven will that be when Jesus Christ is still seeing tormented souls. (remember He cried when he sees tortured soul in Mary Baxter's revelation; how long will Jesus Christ cry for these souls thruout eternity)

8. Some of the divine revelations even contradict themselves. e.g. some say children are in hell, some say children are not there; some say say black men will be given white skins when they get to heaven, some say Jesus has white hair as in the book of revelation and some say He has black hair like a Jew, some say devil is under the groound, some say he is in the air, some say satan cant call the JESUS, some say satan calls the name JESUS freely, some say the devil is being tortured in hell , some say he enjoying himself by torturing people there etc etc etc

Right now, i am no longer a christian and I had lost faith in all those so-called divine revelations as they are subject to human delusions and you cant verify if they are made up or not.

check out these websites to see the falsehood of these deluded fellows who claimed that they saw heaven and hell
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/articles008.html
http://www.pfo.org/heavenly.htm
http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falseteachers/marybaxter.htm
http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falseteachers/angelica_zambrano.htm

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2012
cyrexx: I used to be a very fervent born-again christian and i have bought this book since 2005 and i used to believe it is true (I even use several copies for personal evangelism) until i cant find anwsers to some of these questions

1. this book describes Jesus as a wicked, schizophrenic monster. wicked as in people will cry out to him for mercy and he will just ignore them and even add to their sorrow by his harsh uncomforting words. schizophrenic as in one minute he will be joyful, the next minute he will be shedding tears. Now if Jesus is the omniscient creator and he has the foreknowledge that these souls he is visiting in hell will spend eternity there, why did he permit them to be born and why didnt he prevent them from going to this horrible place. this is the first on the series of questions that led me to the path of atheism.

2. why do revelations about God emphasize on Hell. as if the creator of the universe's main business is deciding who will go and who will not go to hell. are there no other problems of mankind that God can address in his revelations to his prophets and help us to solve than just talking about hell

3. how will you prove it wrong if another person from another religion claims his God reveals himself to him and says christians will burn in hell forever if they do not believe him that His God is the only true God instead of the Christians's God. if you believe that other religion's revelation is wrong, then why do you believe this divine revelation is not wrong, since you cant prove both

4. God has revealed himself to more than four billion muslims, buddhists and hindus and God didnt tell them that they will burn in hell alive in excruciating pain for trillions and trillions and triliions of years if they refuse to worship the Jewish God. Even long before the europeans came to africa, God has revealed Himself to my forefathers and didnt tell them that they will burn in hell for refusing to follow a white mans God according to this divine revelations

5. The Bible says God will judge all men at the end of the world, but why are these revelations showing that God has already judged people before the judgement day. God is contradicting Himself?

6. how much sin and wickedness can someone do in one's lifetime that will deserve a sentence of spending billions and billions of years burning in pain with no hope of ever finishing that sentence.imagine a man that proposes to a man by saying "i love you and i will lay my life down for, pls be my wife forever.BUT if you refuse to accept me i have a secret torture chamber originally made for my enemies that i will use torture you FOREVER with no rest day and night, even if you eventually change your mind about me about me later. there will NEVER be forgiveness for you again. you better marry me now or else". is that genuine love. do christians love God genuinely or they fear hell fire.

7. Christians, if you are to make heaven and avoid hell, will you be truly happy when you remember that probably some of your relatives and friends are still burning alive somewhere else. what kind of heaven will that be when Jesus Christ is still seeing tormented souls. (remember He cried when he sees tortured soul in Mary Baxter's revelation; how long will Jesus Christ cry for these souls thruout eternity)

8. Some of the divine revelations even contradict themselves. e.g. some say children are in hell, some say children are not there; some say say black men will be given white skins when they get to heaven, some say Jesus has white hair as in the book of revelation and some say He has black hair like a Jew, some say devil is under the groound, some say he is in the air, some say satan cant call the JESUS, some say satan calls the name JESUS freely, some say the devil is being tortured in hell , some say he enjoying himself by torturing people there etc etc etc

Right now, i am no longer a christian and I had lost faith in all those so-called divine revelations as they are subject to human delusions and you cant verify if they are made up or not.

check out these websites to see the falsehood of these deluded fellows who claimed that they saw heaven and hell
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/articles008.html
http://www.pfo.org/heavenly.htm
http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falseteachers/marybaxter.htm
http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falseteachers/angelica_zambrano.htm

Please do not reject Christ, you and I are to blame for been deceived and the reason is simple, we do not read our bibles , talk less of meditate on scripture.

Many many doctrines I believed were true, such as the prosperity gospel, name it and claim it,everlasting torture etc , I have began to reject because I now read my bible.

For instance the doctrine of Hell is true for sure but the duration is something I am not so sure we all know. God does not reveal the details but he does tell us what we need to know , and that is all people who reject Christ will be destroyed in the lake of fire which in my opinion ( subject to further research ) is not everlasting torture but destruction, they will never be remembered again , they will cease to exist and there will be no more remembrance of their names forever.

"The memory of the righteous will be a blessing, but the name of the wicked will rot." - Proverbs 10:7

Psalm 9:5 "You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked; you have blotted out their name for ever and ever."

The punishment is everlasting in that it is irreversible but the destruction is certain.

Or else how do we explain the follow words :

" He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away"-Revelation 21:4

From this we can infer that many tears might be shed for the destruction of the wicked especially those we know, but after this, when the destruction is complete, God will wipe away their tears , no more mourning or crying or pain forever and ever.

Let us engage our brains and stop depicting God as a 'monster' who takes delight in everlasting torture,makes no sense.

This is the devils way of destroying souls that otherwise would have accepted Jesus, again please read your Bible and come back to Christ.

Lastly there is this false doctrine that demons are in hades tormenting souls as we speak, this is false. The bible clearly says that the devil roams about the whole earth, seeking whom he may devour.

God rules in Heaven, on earth and under the earth , not Satan.

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." - 1 Peter 5:8

Job 1:7 "The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

Please read this article http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/immortality_resurrection/6.htm with a pinch of salt , but it explains so many issues.

In summary therefore, God will indeed destroy sin and sinners forever , we must and should hate sin, but he would rather we accept his Son and have life eternal.

There will be degrees of punishment according to our deeds as the bible says but this does not mean torture for zillions of years, if true, it is mind boggling, but it is not true.

"my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." - Hosea 4:6

Some advice : " Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." - Joshua 1:8

Thanks
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by cyrexx: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
dear frosbel,
thanks for your concern

i did NOT reject Christ as a person because he did me no wrong. i believe he is a good Jew who lived and died 2000 years ago and who has been grossly misrepresented by billions of people

nevertheless
i reject christianity and all other religions,
i reject religion's dogma and irrational claims like every precious human souls except born again christians will spend eternity in the lake of fire
i reject the feeling that everybody is born a sinner and deserves hell.
i reject the bloodthirsty Yahweh of the old testament who orders the Jews to slaughter every man woman and child who worships any non-Yahweh god. but Yahweh claimed he created those people to live in those cultures where Yahweh is not known as the Almighy God. this wicked being is very similar to the Islamic Allah. i reject them both. those bloodthirsty spiritual monsters deserves no worship
i reject the many contradictions and irrrational claims contained in the bible and other holy books

so you understand me now.

thanks
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2012
cyrexx: dear frosbel,
thanks for your concern

i did NOT reject Christ as a person because he did me no wrong. i believe he is a good Jew who lived and died 2000 years ago and who has been grossly misrepresented by billions of people

nevertheless
i reject christianity and all other religions,
i reject religion's dogma and irrational claims like every precious human souls except born again christians will spend eternity in the lake of fire
i reject the feeling that everybody is born a sinner and deserves hell.
i reject the bloodthirsty Yahweh of the old testament who orders the Jews to slaughter every man woman and child who worships any non-Yahweh god. but Yahweh claimed he created those people to live in those cultures where Yahweh is not known as the Almighy God. this wicked being is very similar to the Islamic Allah. i reject them both. those bloodthirsty spiritual monsters deserves no worship
i reject the holy books, bible and quran, as they contain so many contradictions and irrrational claims

so you understand me now.

thanks

Baffles me how you could say that you were once a devout Christian.

God is just in all his doings , we can be sure that he is light and in him there is absolutely not one iota of darkness.

On the day of judgement, he will be just , I have no doubt about this , who are we to question him ?

Or do you want to tell me that all the heartbreak, heartache, pain, suffering, abortions, murders, terrorist wickedness, greed , corruption , sexual deviance, child sacrifice, etc etc should just be allowed to go unpunished. God forbid that it be so, these are the people who are destroying the earth and making it into an almost unliveable place.

"The nations were filled with wrath, but now the time of your wrath has come. It is time to judge the dead and reward your servants the prophets, as well as your holy people, and all who fear your name, from the least to the greatest. It is time to destroy all who have caused destruction on the earth." - Revelations 11:18

Absolutely no way , I know that God is JUST forever and the punishment of sinners is well deserved, he or she that died without the law and in wickedness will perish without the law and he or she that died with the law and in wickedness will perish in that condition.

Again there are degrees of punishment, we are mere mortals and do not quite understand spiritual issues without the revelation of God which is through his Spirit.

Sin MUST be done away with, SIN Must be destroyed with sinners and a new world order ( not the kind Alex Jones talks about ) will come in the form of a new heaven and new earth wherein dwells righteousness.

We can argue all day and blame God all day , for me, I will rather conform my life to the will of God while also trying to snatch others out of the fire , the everlasting fire of destruction.

"snatch others from the fire and save them ; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh." - Jude 1:23

thanks.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by haibe(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2012
frosbel:

Please do not reject Christ, you and I are to blame for been deceived and the reason is simple, we do not read our bibles , talk less of meditate on scripture.

Many many doctrines I believed were true, such as the prosperity gospel, name it and claim it,everlasting torture etc , I have began to reject because I now read my bible.

For instance the doctrine of Hell is true for sure but the duration is something I am not so sure we all know. God does not reveal the details but he does tell us what we need to know , and that is all people who reject Christ will be destroyed in the lake of fire which in my opinion ( subject to further research ) is not everlasting torture but destruction, they will never be remembered again , they will cease to exist and there will be no more remembrance of their names forever.

"The memory of the righteous will be a blessing, but the name of the wicked will rot." - Proverbs 10:7

Psalm 9:5 "You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked; you have blotted out their name for ever and ever."

The punishment is everlasting in that it is irreversible but the destruction is certain.

Or else how do we explain the follow words :

" He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away"-Revelation 21:4

From this we can infer that many tears might be shed for the destruction of the wicked especially those we know, but after this, when the destruction is complete, God will wipe away their tears , no more mourning or crying or pain forever and ever.

Let us engage our brains and stop depicting God as a 'monster' who takes delight in everlasting torture,makes no sense.

This is the devils way of destroying souls that otherwise would have accepted Jesus, again please read your Bible and come back to Christ.

Lastly there is this false doctrine that demons are in hades tormenting souls as we speak, this is false. The bible clearly says that the devil roams about the whole earth, seeking whom he may devour.

God rules in Heaven, on earth and under the earth , not Satan.

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." - 1 Peter 5:8

Job 1:7 "The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

Please read this article http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/immortality_resurrection/6.htm with a pinch of salt , but it explains so many issues.

In summary therefore, God will indeed destroy sin and sinners forever , we must and should hate sin, but he would rather we accept his Son and have life eternal.

There will be degrees of punishment according to our deeds as the bible says but this does not mean torture for zillions of years, if true, it is mind boggling, but it is not true.

"my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." - Hosea 4:6

Some advice : " Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." - Joshua 1:8

Thanks
I support you, mark 9:43-48 gives us some clues about hell though.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
another false vision debunked.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by cyrexx: 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
Like the false visions of some deluded authors of the best-selling collection of 66 fairy tales by moonlight a.k.a the bible ?

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
[/quote]I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.-Revelation 22:18-19, NASB

This statement was given by Christ at the end of the final revelation given to man. This was done, I believe, intentionally in order to make it known that revelation is closed. If revelation is open, then this statement is nullified. Whether one believes that these verses apply only to the book of Revelation or to the whole of Scripture, if someone receives new revelation then they are adding to or taking away from the book. This is because they are promoting “revelation” that adds to or takes away from what is written in the book of Revelation and Scripture, including the gospel, theology, and prophecy. One must ask why Jesus would condemn anyone who takes away from or adds to the book if revelation is open. If revelation is open, then Jesus’ statement is nullified. However, this statement stands true and closes revelation. [quote]

Frosbel that passage applies to just the book of Revelation,the bible did not exist until almost 300 years after that book was written.

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by truthislight: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
chukwudi44: I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.-Revelation 22:18-19, NASB

This statement was given by Christ at the end of the final revelation given to man. This was done, I believe, intentionally in order to make it known that revelation is closed. If revelation is open, then this statement is nullified. Whether one believes that these verses apply only to the book of Revelation or to the whole of Scripture, if someone receives new revelation then they are adding to or taking away from the book. This is because they are promoting “revelation” that adds to or takes away from what is written in the book of Revelation and Scripture, including the gospel, theology, and prophecy. One must ask why Jesus would condemn anyone who takes away from or adds to the book if revelation is open. If revelation is open, then Jesus’ statement is nullified. However, this statement stands true and closes revelation.

Frosbel that passage applies to just the book of Revelation,the bible did not exist until almost 300 years after that book was written.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3:16).

even in the law that was given to moses, God had warned moses not to add to it.

How then do we imagined that God never had a plan !

embarassed

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by kambo(m): 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Popular christians who went to hell/heaven.

Kenneth hagin,
mary baxter
choo thomas
roberts liardon (heaven)
todd burpo (heaven)
jesse duplantis (heaven)

to name a few.
All these folks cud b lieing or they cud b tellg d truth.
If theyre lying the motves cud b questionable, they hav their integrity at stake and their beliefs .. . But an honest examination wud debunk popular reasons to sell a lie.
Todd burpo had the experience as a 5/6 year old kid sufferg an appendicitis attack.
Roberts liardon as an 8 y.o kid, he went to strt a ministry he has been runng ever since based on tht experience - if its a lie then he deliberately is out to decieve and wud do so with d understandg tht many people thru out the years wud b influenced by his story! It takes a cold stone heart to push off such an act on d wrld just to sell books.
Op, u've argued against d bible's take on this issue now human experiences ar contradctg and u dnt like tht. U want to believe wat u want to believe so u'll close ur mind and write off this accounts as lies but the joke's on u. Who's foolin who?
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2013
kambo: Popular christians who went to hell/heaven.

Kenneth hagin,
mary baxter
choo thomas
roberts liardon (heaven)
todd burpo (heaven)
jesse duplantis (heaven)

to name a few.
All these folks cud b lieing or they cud b tellg d truth.
If theyre lying the motves cud b questionable, they hav their integrity at stake and their beliefs .. . But an honest examination wud debunk popular reasons to sell a lie.
Todd burpo had the experience as a 5/6 year old kid sufferg an appendicitis attack.
Roberts liardon as an 8 y.o kid, he went to strt a ministry he has been runng ever since based on tht experience - if its a lie then he deliberately is out to decieve and wud do so with d understandg tht many people thru out the years wud b influenced by his story! It takes a cold stone heart to push off such an act on d wrld just to sell books.
Op, u've argued against d bible's take on this issue now human experiences ar contradctg and u dnt like tht. U want to believe wat u want to believe so u'll close ur mind and write off this accounts as lies but the joke's on u. Who's foolin who?

I follow the Bible not these MEN you mentioned.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by alexleo(m): 11:34am On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel: Another issue which I have with these revelations is that they go on to write books, sell CDs, tapes etc , tell me is this right

Surely God's revelation is not up for sale, right ?

Is the bible not sold in the shops? The very bible you are using now didn't you buy it? Did it fall from heaven into your house? Stop all this your flimsy reasons.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 30, 2013
alexleo:

Is the bible not sold in the shops? The very bible you are using now didn't you buy it? Did it fall from heaven into your house? Stop all this your flimsy reasons.

Okay, so we can now start to sell our testimonies and experiences ?

This is the word of GOD about this :

"Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!" - Acts 8:20
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by alexleo(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2013
God2man:

God bless you.
God2man.

He is afraid of hell and he thinks preaching against it will wipe it away from existence. The bitter truth is hitting him so hard that's why you see him weeping and wailing over this issue.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 30, 2013
alexleo:

He is afraid of hell and he thinks preaching against will wipe it away from existence. The bitter truth is hitting him so hard that's why you see him weeping and wailing over this issue.

why should I be afraid of your HELL ?

My GOD is not a GOD of fear but of love , I hope you will be delivered from FEAR.

2 Timothy 1:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by alexleo(m): 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

Okay, so we can now start to sell our testimonies and experiences ?

This is the word of GOD about this :

"Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!" - Acts 8:20

You see how you quote bible recklessly just to justify your false teaching. The place you quoted is entirely different from what we are talking about. Moreover these testimonies are free online for people to hear. Infact you don't even have any grounds to condemn the sale of revelation books and CDs. Most of the people who are selling those things are just sharp business men who see such testimonies as an opportunity to make money. You ll be suprised that the money made in the sales don't get to the person who testified and he or she has no hand in such business. Don't sit in your house condemning people anyhow.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by cyrexx: 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
This freak show is getting interesting. grin Two bible scholars are proving from the same bible that hell exists and hell doesnt exist, both proven from the same bible. Interesting indeed. grin grin

Though I'm an atheist, I really want hell to exist so I can meet my guys there and rub minds. Great guys like Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs, Fela Kuti, Tai Solarin, Christopher Hitchens etc etc etc. I will be so dissappointed if hell doesn't exist. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by cyrexx: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2013

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
^^^

Laziness , is when you refuse to research into a specific truth because you found out it was misrepresented.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by cyrexx: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Laziness , is when you refuse to research into a specific truth because you found out it was misrepresented.

smiley

Not laziness, dear. You have no faintest idea of the extent and the depth of research I undertook before I came to the conclusion that all these religions and their claims were purely man-made and man-perpetrated.

. cool

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
cyrexx:

Not laziness, dear. You have no faintest idea of the extent and the depth of research I undertook before I came to the conclusion that all these religions and their claims were purely man-made and man-perpetrated.

. cool

religions yes , but this in no way negates the truth that Jesus is the way , the truth and the life, he never came to start a religion.

He came to show us the one true GOD and the way to life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Myles Munroe Is In Lagos, Nigeria / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? / Black Authorities Must Adresss Wicked Blacks Or Face Divine Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.