Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Demo Review, Anyone? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Demo Review, Anyone? (2240 Views)

Pls Review This Shopping Cart Demo By Moi - http://.net/ecart/ / Etranzact Demo Webconnect Testing / Clients Who Cheat Web Designers After Getting A Demo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2008
I really don't believe in doing free demos and I hope developers would insist on that so that clients would not be taking advantage of web developers as it will not take much from a client to ask for 20 demos from different people and of course pick all the positives from all of them and still give the project to one person.

The demo that I am asking for review was requested by a web designer and I charged for it as he insisted his client wanted a lot of things that would require programming.

Couldn't access the current website that needed a design the whole of Saturday when I setup the mock pages and as such couldn't have taken anything from the website.

The website is supposed to be a courier company website that should be as useful as possible.

I came up with a number of tasks that an average user who wants to ship anything would want to be able to complete on the website as fast as possible.

The forms are not functional and no single database work was done considering the fact it was a demo, emphasis is on logical navigation and clarity of tasks.

Could anyone comment or suggest on ways to better the design or layout of the website?

www.jwspreview.com/courier

Remember, it is the user that determines the success or otherwise of a website depending on how useful the website is in resolving problems or in providing relevant information.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by uspry1(f): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2008
You can create your own mock-up non-functional website designing into slideshow presentation using either Flash-based or PowerPoint with all watermarked sites and your copyrighted signature giving to your web designer for its clients. So the client would know that your web designer works for you.

I prefer using Flash-based slideshow presentation to be published to auto-run executed CD/DVD that comes with parsing external PHP/XML files inside when your web designer insert your demo CD/DVD on someone's computer/laptop demonstrating them for their client to see on their favorite browser. (only if your web designer has laptop with PCMCIA card or WiFi support internet connection)

PowerPoint has also features for CD/DVD with built-in powerpoint viewer executed installed.

Or you can create your own mock-up non-functional website designing illustrated storyboard (magazine-look like) visually. (using Adobe InDesign software, PDF-creation for page layout such as magazine, newspaper, newsletter etc)

You have nothing to lose your demo for your web designer. Good luck!!!
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2008
thats good one upsry
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
@uspry1,

Thanks. The web designer prefers loading the whole site on a flash drive and showing same to the client tomorrow morning.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by TechPros(m): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2008
Afam, you need to improve.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2008
We all need to improve. I am sure you do not know everything in any line of business you are in unless you are one of those that develop websites and proceed to hide them in their cupboards.

Get back to the topic, offer advice related to the issue on ground (if any) or get the hell out of the thread. I believe I am already with with people who brag and brag yet have nothing reasonable to show.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by TechPros(m): 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
that is my guy that never listen to advice.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2008
I do not listen to advice from people like you that think like this

5 Forums / Webmasters / Web Technology on: June 01, 2008, 10:15 PM
I welcome you all to a new Experience in web technology
every day i will post a little note on this forum to help beginners and professionals in web technology

let me ask this question : Do you think Php can be use to control a robot ? think over it and reply

sorry, i have to go now i will post the little note later.

Reply Reply with quote Notify of replies
6 Forums / Webmasters / Re: E-commerce Website Consultant Needed [ consultant :Technology Professionals] on: June 01, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hi,
if you really need a web guru as a consultant, i think you should not be asking for a CV.
because professionals in the house do not have CV nor the time to write CV.
all you need is our experience in e-commerce

Speak with me, let me see how i can help.

Reply Reply with quote Notify of replies
7 Forums / Webmasters / Re: Website Access [ consultant : Technology Professionals inc ] on: June 01, 2008, 09:27 PM
there are two ways to do this but the first thing you need to do is to design your homepage
if you design with html using notepad or any other text editor
save your html code as index.html or index.htm

First method

open your site control panel
ask your web host (mcreal.net) the link to your control panel
login to your control panel and click on file manager
there will be a place for you to upload the html file
browse to your index file on your computer and click upload

after this you can check your site again to see if anything change

second method

to use this method all you need is a good ftp software
and the knowledge on how to use it

my advise

bigmodo, you need to learn dreamweaver.

am a web consultant ready to help all nairalander beginners and professionals in need of help
in web technology | software development | Interactive Database Programming | SSL certificate
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by TechPros(m): 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2008
what are you pointing at my guru in web development grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by uspry1(f): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
Afam:

@uspry1,

Thanks. The web designer prefers loading the whole site on a flash drive and showing same to the client tomorrow morning.

@afam

You can do that building your mock-up website using Flash with external file to be published into auto-run executed slideshow presentation file uploading on the flash drive (USB memory stick).

Even zipped formatted auto-run executed slideshow presentation file sending to email attachment! Not a problem!

Or you can even create your own youTube-clone Flash-based video presentation of your mockup demo to be published into auto-run executed file uploading on the flash drive.

Be creative unlimited making your watermarked signature Demo- - -you have nothing to lose!!!
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by OmniPotens(m): 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
Afam, I buy the idea of uspry1. Try and see if that serves your purpose which I believe really should.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2008
@uspry1 & OmniPotens,

Thanks for your comments. I will look into this for future demos if it cannot be done before the presentation tomorrow which the web designer has slated with the company. I will only be there to defend the programming stuff regarding all the functionalities the company want as they insist they want their site to match dhl and ups in terms of what users can do on the website which I very much believe is doable.

Thanks once again.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by OmniPotens(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Afam
Be at your best and don't try to be harsh over any of their decisions. Defend your work so far, give them a hearing, finish the job and cash you pay. cool

Cheers!
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by nacom(f): 6:01am On Jul 01, 2008
Afam:

I really don't believe in doing free demos and I hope developers would insist on that so that clients would not be taking advantage of web developers as it will not take much from a client to ask for 20 demos from different people and of course pick all the positives from all of them and still give the project to one person.

The demo that I am asking for review was requested by a web designer and I charged for it as he insisted his client wanted a lot of things that would require programming.

Couldn't access the current website that needed a design the whole of Saturday when I setup the mock pages and as such couldn't have taken anything from the website.

The website is supposed to be a courier company website that should be as useful as possible.

I came up with a number of tasks that an average user who wants to ship anything would want to be able to complete on the website as fast as possible.

The forms are not functional and no single database work was done considering the fact it was a demo, emphasis is on logical navigation and clarity of tasks.

Could anyone comment or suggest on ways to better the design or layout of the website?

www.jwspreview.com/courier

Remember, it is the user that determines the success or otherwise of a website depending on how useful the website is in resolving problems or in providing relevant information.

Uncle Afam do the comments or suggestions matter anyway After all you will end barking as usual just as you did here to Tech Pros

Tech Pros:

Afam, you need to improve.

As usual your dumb and un founded reply went as thus !

Afam:

Get back to the topic, offer advice related to the issue on ground (if any) or get the hell out of the thread. I believe I am already with with people who brag and brag yet have nothing reasonable to show.

Don't you get tired of barking ! angry

You want your site to match that of DHL I am sure you are joking right ? Take a close look at what they have in terms of design and functions and compare to the draft you have. You will never stop to entertain us you this Old man.

Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by webemerald(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2008
grin whoever this na.com babe is, you really gave me a good dose of laughter this morning grin
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by hanen(f): 10:23am On Jul 01, 2008
@na.com

abeg give me five
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by mambenanje(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2008
hey guys
maybe its because its a demo thats why its that ugly lets pray he gets the contract and we might see something better or horrible it depends wink
but man the colors man, bright green, dark green, bright blue, and dark blue. man whatever happened to the color theory. I personally think demos are suppose to give the client a good design and no functionality just to wet his appetite. well my own way
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Omnipotent,

Thanks. The presentation went well and not only did the client agree to the layout and the proposed functionality of the site considering what he has presently (designed by a foreigner) we also concluded on providing inverter backup solutions for about 4 different departments in the office. The colors would be worked on as the company colors differ from what I used as the current website didn't come up the whole of Saturday when I setup the demo site so there was no way for me to know the exact colors of the company.

The client interestingly shares my views on functionality as he claims many of the websites he sees lack them even when some of them look fine.

It was a 4 hours meeting that meant at least N2.7M into my account.

@the witches on the forum plus the Camerounian clown,

Keep doing what you do best and let the world leave you behind.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by hanen(f): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2008
It was a 4 hours meeting that meant at least N2.7M into my account.

OMG, really!? They're giving you THAT much for THAT?!? Wow, you really are talented: in finding sucker clients. Well done. You represent Nigeria as it is today- People with too much money paying tons for mediocrity. Thats kinda WHY we're not moving forward.

Congrats. I think. Ok, not really. undecided
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by mambenanje(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2008
Congratulations Afam, I am happy the contract was a success, but dont you think you are attracting armed robbers by telling everyone how much you earn from that project. make pride no cause problems ooh
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by uspry1(f): 12:03am On Jul 02, 2008
Congrat Afam! grin
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 9:24am On Jul 02, 2008
uspry1:

Congrat Afam! grin

Thanks my friend. As regards your comments on the presentation I will integrate it in future presentations.

@mambenanje,

I am shocked to read your comments about armed robbers and the pride thing, it still goes to show the kind of stuff you fill your head with, this is not Cameroun. There are people as young as you are that make millions of naira legitimately every week. Unfortunately, people like you that are more interested in proving that you are better than others will remain focused on that while others remain focused on doing what they do well.

@hanen the banker,

It seems that since Zenith bank slashed your salary you have been frustrated ( I wonder why you were not able to convince them or insult them into reversing such salary slash or do you just display your skills on insults on public forums even when you are ready to tolerate all manner of treatments at your workplace?).

I wish people like you went for the presentation I am sure you wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes with the man because he understands the web very well and had a team of 3 other young IT guys who asked the right questions and the moment relevant answers were provided everything became much easier.

As more and more clients begin to demand more from their websites you will see how more and more projects will be finding their ways out of people that do nothing but slice graphics and change colors.

One more thing, no one intends to duplicate ups or dhl website, in fact the client wanted something that is tailored towards solving issues with the business proper, only features that made sense were picked from those sites.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i just want to laugh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by mambenanje(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2008
well i wonder if armed robbers are only found in Cameroon, but Afam all I was doing was advicing you not to announce what you make from a project because you might be attracting theives. You should atleast thank me for that, yet all you do is attack wink as usual.
Well I could be one of those kids making that much but its not worth announcing it, it has to stay private
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by hanen(f): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
@hanen the banker,

It seems that since Zenith bank slashed your salary you have been frustrated ( I wonder why you were not able to convince them or insult them into reversing such salary slash or do you just display your skills on insults on public forums even when you are ready to tolerate all manner of treatments at your workplace?).

NA WA OOOO.

this my bank job. E dey chook u for body? Why do you keep bringing it up?? What is the correlation between that and the topic at hand (which is that u've commited daylight robbery). Seriously, if u want to insult me, at least try and do it with sense/maturity. smiley
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2008
mambenanje:

well i wonder if armed robbers are only found in Cameroon, but Afam all I was doing was advicing you not to announce what you make from a project because you might be attracting theives. You should atleast thank me for that, yet all you do is attack wink as usual.
Well I could be one of those kids making that much but its not worth announcing it, it has to stay private

I believe you are just a clown. So you want people to thank you for offering advice. So you are not yet satisfied with all the thank you messages you got on this topic you started at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-139666.0.html?
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by mambenanje(m): 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2008
Afam
you keep pointing and talking about that post: ARE YOU ANGRY THAT I HATE SCAMMERS ?? maybe you are a scammer ooh man no deh know am sorry if you are one abeg forgive me for posting against scammers.
Well you realy have some problems Afam, and I dont think I have a solution for you.
If you dont want negative comments, why do you post stuff here and ask for critics. Just post it and say please give me positive feedback and appraisals.
Stop knowing everything because no one knows everything but God
I ASKED YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY CERTIFICATE TO PROOF YOUR SKILLS YOU DIDNT SHOW ANY but all you can do is tell me how I posted about firefox and scammers.
read the post again and you will see that most guys nairalanders from Europe and USA, were not against my idea only those in Africa were
anyway enough of talking let me go back to work. nice relief I had
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2008
You are just a clown. Keep flashing your flash certification because a slowpoke like you cannot realize the essence of certification and the scope any certification can cover. Every single vendor can (and in most cases do) initiate a certification program. I certainly would not use this medium to educate you on the issue of certifications as a lot of debates and articles have been written about them. Until there is a universal certification program for web development getting flash certified is like someone that claims to understand 1 out of say 20 skills or vendor specific software.

Wake up, you have been sleeping for quite a long time now.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by mambenanje(m): 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2008
well I have 1 out of 20
and you have 0 out of 20 and you are better than me wink
I adviced you to take the zend certification, those certifications help you learn soo many things. And from your post here those things you dont yet know.
we are here to help each other, so I am helping you with my small advice. But all you can do is abuse me, just go thru all the posts and comments I have been doing if I have insulted any person.
I always give my point of view and I always take everybody's point of view and add mine or substract. Well I think arguing with you makes me more like you so I should stop this arguments with you and concentrate on stuff from yawa and tunde
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2008
Good thinking. This may as well be the most sensible decision you are taking since you started using this forum. Zend certification? How do you process information? Interestingly, I am now the one insulting you, you are a complete pig. Are you tired of throwing insults? I give as much as I take but what pisses me off is when idiots like you insult someone and when you are insulted (as a way of response) you begin to play the victim. I really want to throw up, you are really pathetic.
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by OmniPotens(m): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2008
@ Afam

Congrats!

@ Posters

Is there is any way we can reduce the quarrellings and harsh words we tell each other here? We can try clean up this forum a bit. I don't think everyday we should keep on with this kind of posts all over the threads. I get tired replying to threads these days because before you had made a post and read another three, someone is already upset and ready to vomit anything at the other person.

Can we make a little change
Re: Demo Review, Anyone? by yawatide(f): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2008
@omnipotens
change? na obama? tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jazzyfans On Attempt Of Being Hacked / Old Twitter Account With 3, 230 Followers For Sale. / Download Ogbonge Blog Blogger Template For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.