Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash (42301 Views)

Feyi Fawehinmi: How To Make Sense Of Nigeria’s Currency Swap Deal With China / Femi Akinsanya Walked-out Of Wrecked Plane Before It Caught Fire / I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by airedales: 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
[img]http://3.bp..com/-AuRg-5uKZJ0/UlEzoGsCAXI/AAAAAAACFjg/7SvrjYW5WY4/s1600/Feyi-Agagu-360x225.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-IHD1Pd7SmQE/UlEzowJDB3I/AAAAAAACFjo/2jP7q5jsP14/s1600/plane1.jpg[/img]
A close family friend of Feyi, son of late Chief Agagu, who is one of the survivors of the ill fated Associated Airlines flight, told Vanguard that he (Feyi) was initially reluctant to enter the plane after seeing how old it looked. (The exact plane pictured right). He and others survived basically by sitting at the back of the plane. Below is what a family insider Feyi spoke to said;

“The young man said that once they got to the tarmac before boarding and once he sighted the plane, what struck him was the seemingly very old look of the plane. Feyi said he didn’t like the looks of the plane. He also said but for the importance and significance of the trip, his inner sense didn’t feel comfortable boarding the plane.

"In fact, Feyi said he told another survivor, Femi Akinsanya, that the plane looked too old and he didn’t feel like boarding. But Feyi said he was told not to get himself worked up needlessly since this was not going to be his first time aboard a plane neither would this be the first old-looking plane that he would board. That was how he said he boarded the plane”.

“Feyi recounted how he and Femi Akinsanya boarded the plane and moved straight to the back end to take up seats. Why Feyi chose the back seat”, the source said, “was more a function of his state of mind about the state of the plane rather than a preference for taking a back seat.

“When they sat down, Feyi told me that he and Femi simply prayed that they should just take off and land safely, oblivious of what lay ahead of them. “Feyi said once they took off, everything happened so fast. What he also told me was that both he and Femi noticed what looked like a crack not far from where they sat at the rear end of the plane

“He said everything happened so fast that by the time the plane crashed on the ground, it was that crack that had been noticed earlier that transformed into a gapping exit point upon impact on the ground.

“Feyi said the exit point created was where he and Femi escaped through”.

Another source further revealed that most of the survivors of the crash appeared to be those seated at the rear end of the plane.

Though 23years old, the plane, according to Balami David, the President of the National Association of Pilots and Engineers, during a television interview, reportedly operated some days before the ill-fated flight.

http://unbukkieblog..com/

1 Like

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Wonders shall neva end..........always follow ur instinct. Mine doesn't lie to me...thnk God for ur safety

8 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
THE PREMONITION... OR FINAL DESTINATION

IF NA DAT FILM NW, DEATH WOULD START HUNTING, FOR THOSE SURVIVORS, ONE BY ONE...

7 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by azpekuliar: 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
Well the rear has always been the safest part of the fuselage and ironically that's where the cheapest seats are i.e Economy class.

15 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Vote for me (Stardom Artiste Contest) online at http://m.naijaartiste.net/contest/usbeel/
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ok. So you saw an old plane, And yet u entered Thank God for answering ur prayers.

1 Like

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by ztob(m): 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
deejay_harry1: THE PREMONITION...

IF NA DAT FILM NW, DEATH WOULD START HUNTING, FOR THOSE SURVIVORS, ONE BY ONE...

Even d movie Final Destination

2 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by ztob(m): 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
I have never liked seating in front for anything, in car, bus, lecture room, boats, jets, yatch, plane, boats, train just name it.

7 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Livinusc(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
D management should be blamed for d whole damages,so because say na courpes dey wan carry daz y dey brought old plane ehh kwa.
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by RedCard1(m): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
He didn't see his died-twice father's ghost manipulating the plane? He should better say the truth that we all know

2 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Jensenelizz(m): 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
. angry this agagu news no dey finish sef......

5 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Morgan1092(m): 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Na waooo! FINAL DESTINATION tinz
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by everyday: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Seeing the condition of the plane and still boarding it was a very big risk
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by strawgirl(f): 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hmmmm. INSTINCTS. How wonderful. Na God save them sha.

1 Like

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by JoSaintiago: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Agagu end up takin doz innocent soul
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by 80million1: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Na God o!
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
hmmmm.... That one concern una. Please nobody should quote me because i just clicked the un follow on nairaland...thank you all.
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Ibroboss(m): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nigerians with their normal "manage manage",thank God they never follow agagu "go"
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by 80million1: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Jensen_elizz: .
See your Life.
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by geeez: 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
The rear seats are the safest

The closer you are to the tail, the greater your chances

Unfortunately, Business Class seats aren't behind

2 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Dygeasy(m): 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
ztob: I have never liked seating in front for anything, in car, bus, lecture room, boats, jets, yatch, plane, boats, train just name it.
So Na Everything You Don Enter Before...

Smh!

5 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by OmoIyaMero: 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
grin"One thing about the first class is that when the plane goes down,u go first"-A rough qoute from "Death At A Funeral...Ori lo ko Feyi yo.

2 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by specialguest(f): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
I read an article by a pilot recently where he said the rear of an aircraft is the safest place to be when a plane crashes. An experiment with dummy passengers also proved that majority of the people sitting at the rear end would survive a crash to some certain extent as compared to those seated in the front. After reading this who still wants to fly first class? Nah I am very comfortable with my economy seat infact the farther it is from first class the better for me smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tnk God for his tyf

1 Like

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by nikkyshyne(f): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lol. See his head lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Morgan1092(m): 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Dygeasy: So Na Everything You Don Enter Before...

Smh!
Stop shaking ur head, else u lose it.
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by akereconfi: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
what if your seat no fall exactly behind the business class...sumtin like 6abc 6efd
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
Whenever I fly, I always go for the back seats. Had an airline one time asked to put me in a first class seat for free, I said NO! I love my back seat. When crash happens, survivors are always those who sat in the back. Why? Most plane crashes happen by nose diving...common sense will tell you that those in the back and held firmly in their seat belts, will most likely survive. Have you heard of any pilot surviving a crash? Very unlikely. This is not to say that those in the back are immune from crash casualty and fatality, NO, but you have a high chance of surviving.

7 Likes

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Italiano1: 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
geeez: The rear seats are the safest

The closer you are to the tail, the greater your chances

Unfortunately, Business Class seats aren't behind

That doesnt make sense my brother, if an airplane crashes, the impact alone is enough to kill all occupants because of the internal injuries they will most likely sustain.

1 Like

Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
:oBut I tink say na just motor dey get danfo ...aeroplane too don get ...END TIMES TINZ
Re: How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash by lacicrips(m): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
Final destination comes to mind. Has anyone here seen that movie, the part one?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan, Ben Bruce, Peter Odili And Others At Wike's ThanksGiving / Oladelemi Philip Olubakin: NBA Took My Buhari Painting To Him As Birthday Gift / Why I Warned Osinbajo – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.