Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Is There Any Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness? (1327 Views)

12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness? by Sicozone(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nairaland bible scholars,kindly help my understanding about this,is there actually any vivid difference between holiness and righteousness?
Re: Is There Any Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness? by Kabieosi: 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sicozone:

Nairaland bible scholars, kindly help my understanding about this, is there actually any vivid difference between holiness and righteousness?

Holiness is as in
pure,
totality,
complete,
wholesome,
containing all,
free from lack or deficiencies,
(i.e. nothing broken , nothing missing, no blemish, no fault, etc etc)
not mixed with anything, not with other substance(s) or foreign thing

Righteousness is as in:
Right timing or moment,
Right thing to do or happen
and Right with God (i.e. God is OK with it) all happening at the same time with each other

In a sentence, righteousness (i.e. the triplet word) is doing the right thing, at the right time, with right standing with God; all the 3 rights are happening at the same time with each other

For example, Abraham did the 3 rights, and they were done in perfect sync with each other

For what said the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness
@^Romans 4:3 American King James Version

To all that believe, they too have access to this righteousness of God privilege

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith in Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
@^ Romans 3:22 King James 2000 Bible
Re: Is There Any Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness? by Jococoboy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Does that mean we can describe non living things as being holy
Re: Is There Any Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness? by Kabieosi: 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
Jococoboy:
Does that mean we can describe non living things as being holy

@Jococoboy

If connected with God, as in of God or declared so by God, then of course yes.

God said, "Do not approach any closer! Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.
@^Exodus 3:5 NET Bible

But the Lord said to him, 'Take the sandals off your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.
@^Acts 7:33 NET Bible
Re: Is There Any Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness? by Sicozone(m): 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
A big thanks to you kabieosi. I have some other questions but am very busy now. Brb

(1) (Reply)

St. Luke's Cathedral Jos Celebrates 100 Years / Apc Replied Pastor Oyedepo That Says He Will Open Gate Of Hell For Them / Redeem Member Laments 'TB Joshua's Lies'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.