Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,988 members, 7,866,715 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

Rapture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rapture (931 Views)

2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For / Messages From Lord Jesus To Earth For Endtime And Rapture / The Rapture - Jesus Second Coming In Two Stages ? Is The Rapture Secret ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
17/07/2010

RAPTURE

INTRODUCTION

For the lord Himself shall descend from heaven with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God and the dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the lord in the air, so we will always be with the Lord.
1Thesalonians 4:16-17

Some says since Rapture is not stated verbatim in the bible, it means that there is no Rapture, but the scripture we are considering clearly point to Rapture, so we look at Rapture in the light of this scripture and other related scriptures.
Rapture is the transforming and translating of Christians both living and dead (physically) to meet Jesus Christ in the air, during His second coming to the earth and be with Him forever, which will occur at the time of the end.
Though the word rapture was not stated verbatim in the bible, but the bible points to rapture in several passages of the scripture. The word rapture is just used to describe the event that was going to take place at the second coming of Jesus back to the earth. The early Christians never had problems with the event that was going to take place; in fact everyone was very much acquainted with it and expected it.
Jesus Christ talked about it a lot and even went to describing it in details in the book Mathew 24 which we will be looking at in details in the course of this book.

In several scriptures of the bible, we are meant to understand that the earth condition will grow from bad to worse during the time of the end but those that endure to the end shall be saved and this gospel of the kingdom will preach to the ends of the world as a witness to all the nation and then the end will come.

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understandsmiley Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
MATHEW 24:3-31

The bible has not kept us in the dark concerning the events that is going to take place in the world, especially that of the end.
The first sign Jesus talked about was that many will deceive others and many will claim to be the long awaited Christ. The reason for this is not far fetched; the devil is doing this to create confusion in the minds of man to be able to prepare for the next assault on man. The devil knows that if he can get man to be unstable, then he becomes an easy prey.

When the end comes, the earth will not come to literal end, things will still remain the same (normal), the unbelieving will still remain unbelieving still, businesses will move on as usual and there will not be any unusual signs from what is happening in the world but the scriptures says suddenly Christ will appear in the atmosphere, when Christ appear in the atmosphere, only those that will be going with Him will see Him, they will be transformed and caught up with Him in the atmosphere, they will disappear and vanish from the earth, so at that time there will report all over the world of missing people just as the scriptures says in Mathew 24 that two people will be on the bed and one person will be taken and the other left, two people will be grinding on the mill and one will be taken and the other left, two will be in the field one will be taken and the other left, there will be reports all over the world that people have suddenly vanished, yet some will still not understand what all these is about and not believe still but give incredulous meanings to all that is happening, just like the first time the Hoy Spirit came to indwell man in the book of Acts of the apostles chapter 2 And the apostles spoke in different tongues, giving praise to the Lord, and those that where present started giving all sort of meanings to all that is happening , so it will be at that time when Christ will come and even worse because there will be no Christian (believer) on earth to accurately explain the happenings unlike the day of Pentecost just as Peter did.
As the bible says there will great pain in the world at that time as a result of the rapture, places of the earth being in different time zones will create so much problems as at the time of Jesus second coming , some will be at day while some will be at night which will bring about different kinds of accidents, there will be plane crash allover because if it be that the pilot suddenly disappear while the plane is in the air, there will also be car crash all over for all kinds of reasons and houses burnt, may be people are cooking or using home appliances during the time of their flight. There will be all kinds of accidents even some not even thought of will occur on that day of Rapture which will bring about so many loss of lives and many will go to Hell that day because once you did not go with the Rapture, it means if you die in those accidents, you go to Hell. Though many people will still remain on earth but the good news about it is that some will believe the scripture due to all they have seen during the Rapture and have been told before the Rapture.

Those that finally believe will go through so many persecutions like never before the creation of the world. During the rebuilding of the world (As at that time the whole world will be in total chaos and destruction), a man would rise who would appear to be a man of peace because he will bring about peace on earth (world), he would be a very intelligent man, who would be made ruler of the whole world and which during his reign, the world would enjoy peace and blissfulness which it never had experienced since man left the garden of Eden. Things will remain normal and even better, Christianity (Religion) will still remain and there will be so much hypocrisy like never before, so many false prophet will rise deceiving many and even themselves, in fact any child born into the world at that period, will never know if anything like the Rapture had taken place because things will be as normal as it can be for a particular period of time. After some time God will start pouring out His bowl of wrath on the inhabitant of the earth and there will so much terrible times, earthquakes and so many natural disaster will befall the earth, during this time so many that believed after the Rapture will fall and some that still remain in their believes will face so many persecutions because there will be so much conspiracy against them, it will be widely believed that they are the ones responsible for all the disaster that is happening on earth and hereby so many will be cast into prison and some killed because they belong to the way or sect which is what it will be called then, this will go on for three and half years, which at first people will start receiving the 666 marks (Mark of the beast) unknowingly in other to do business and when it becomes known it will be too late for anyone to repent. Anyone that do not have the mark will not be allowed to do business of any kind and those that do not will be hunted down and killed, but before you are killed you will be given the last opportunity to receive the mark. At this time the beast (Anti christ) will come out openly and demand worship from which if you do not you will be killed, this will take place for the next three and half years.

Jesus Christ will come back after the second three and half years, destroy the beast, the false prophets, and those with the beast mark and cast them into the lake of fire but those that do not receive the mark of the beast will still remain on earth. Christ will establish His kingdom here on earth for one thousand years, which Satan will be bound for this period so that he can no longer deceive the people of the world, and at this time the earth will become a paradise and return back to as it was when it was first created.
Jesus is coming back soon, there is no doubt about that, if you would like to be Raptured when He comes back, the only reasonable thing for you to do is to be right with Him so when He comes, you will go with Him.
Re: Rapture by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
He will come like a thief in the night. The picture you paint here is not the rapture.

There is a pattern in the bible concerning the rapture. Follow this pattern and you will know how that rapture will happen because God does not change. There is nothing new under the Sun.

Enoch was raptured.
Elijah was raptured.
Try and understand these two raptures first then you will know what to expect.

Last point:
There is no record of accident during rapture in the Bible.
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 8:42am On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine: He will come like a thief in the night. The picture you paint here is not the rapture.

There is a pattern in the bible concerning the rapture. Follow this pattern and you will know how that rapture will happen because God does not change. There is nothing new under the Sun.

Enoch was raptured.
Elijah was raptured.
Try and understand these two raptures first then you will know what to expect.

Last point:
There is no record of accident during rapture in the Bible.

Smiles, What kind of bible are using?
Sure u do have Matthew 24 n other related scriptures in ur bible.
Though its long i wrote it n yesterday when i posted it i never had enough chance to edit, but i tell this is the way rapture would happen.
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2013
One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 4:17am On Oct 09, 2013
This is the reason I dont complain despite all I am going through;

I read an account of someone that was taken to Heaven and Hell. One of the accounts of the journey to Hell was, he saw a man in Hell being punished and his scream seem to be louder than the others. He was going with Jesus and the man was pleading to return to the earth just for 1 minute. So Jesus turned and ask him why he wants to go back to the earth just for one minute. He said he would give anything just to return to the earth just for one minute to repent and die so he won't come to this place, he said he dont even care if he is the most wretched, miserable or poorest person on earth.

So this got me thinking daily and guide my thoughts no matter what I am going through never to complain, for I know that the suffering of this present world is not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall later be revealed in me Romans 8:18
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 9:33am On Oct 12, 2013
We are surely living in the end of days and surely dont need a seer to see this!

The spirit says clearly that in later times some believers will desert the Christian faith. They will follow spirit that deceive, and they will believe the teachings of demons. These people will speak lies disguise as truth. Their consciences have been scarred as if branded by a red-hot iron.

1Timothy 4:1-2

Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Many are still carrying their corpse (sins, pains, regrets, disappointments, anxieties e.t.c) all around despite all the offers of help Matthew 11:28-30, may God open their eyes to accept help in Christ Jesus our Lord, savior and redeemer.

The scripture that readily came to mind;

O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7: 24-25

Re: Rapture by fckyourman: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2013
OGA Pastor well done.
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
fckyourman: OGA Pastor well done.

Hmmm
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2013
Paul said we are FOOLS for Christ sake, sincerely I am just beginning to understand this!

For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake.

Philippians 1:29

Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
If the earthly things fail and the very state fall to pieces, what can we (the righteous) do?

Hmmm, I guess we can suffer joyfully, hope cheerfully, wait patiently, pray earnestly, believe confidently, and triumph finally.

If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Psalm 11:3

Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Now salvation is nearer than when we first believed!
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2013
Are you prepared for the second coming of Jesus?

Spending unique quality time in the presence of the Father daily to pray and read the bible, will keep one spiritually inclined and alert!

Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 8:37am On Dec 07, 2013
There is nothing "like once saved forever saved" at least not the way many of us believe it. The truth remains that as the world deteriorate and evil reigns, the love of many for the Lord would wane and many would return to the world or start living lives of compromise. So only those that remain steadfast, holding on to their faith to the end and not compromising, the same shall be saved and rapture when Jesus comes!

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 24:12-13

Re: Rapture by Freksy(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Pastor Olu T: 17/07/2010

RAPTURE

INTRODUCTION

For the lord Himself shall descend from heaven with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God and the dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the lord in the air, so we will always be with the Lord.
1Thesalonians 4:16-17

Some says since Rapture is not stated verbatim in the bible, it means that there is no Rapture, but the scripture we are considering clearly point to Rapture, so we look at Rapture in the light of this scripture and other related scriptures.
Rapture is the transforming and translating of Christians both living and dead (physically) to meet Jesus Christ in the air, during His second coming to the earth and be with Him forever, which will occur at the time of the end.
Though the word rapture was not stated verbatim in the bible, but the bible points to rapture in several passages of the scripture. The word rapture is just used to describe the event that was going to take place at the second coming of Jesus back to the earth. The early Christians never had problems with the event that was going to take place; in fact everyone was very much acquainted with it and expected it.
Jesus Christ talked about it a lot and even went to describing it in details in the book Mathew 24 which we will be looking at in details in the course of this book.

In several scriptures of the bible, we are meant to understand that the earth condition will grow from bad to worse during the time of the end but those that endure to the end shall be saved and this gospel of the kingdom will preach to the ends of the world as a witness to all the nation and then the end will come.

When the apostle Paul said that Christians would be "caught up" to be with the Lord, what subject was being discussed? RESURRECTION!

1 Thess. 4:13-18, "We would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning those who are asleep ("those who sleep in death," NE; "those who have died," TEV, JB), that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words."

Evidently some members of the Christian church in Thessalonica had died. Paul encouraged the survivors to comfort one another with the resurrection hope. He reminded them that Jesus was resurrected after his death; so, too, at the coming of the Lord, those faithful Christians among them who had died would be raised to be with Christ.

Who are the ones that will be 'caught up in the clouds,' as stated at 1 Thessalonians 4:17?

Verse 15 explains that they are faithful ones "who are left until the coming of the Lord," that is, they are still living at the time of Christ's coming.

Will they ever die?

According to Romans 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 15:35, 36, 44, they must die before they can gain heavenly life. But there is no need for them to remain in the death state awaiting Christ's return. They will instantly be "caught up," "in the twinkling of an eye," to be with The Lord.

RESURRECTION is what the apostle knew and preached. Rapture is alien.
Re: Rapture by Freksy(m): 1:46am On Dec 08, 2013
Pastor Olu T: 17/07/2010

RAPTURE

When the end comes, the earth will not come to literal end, things will still remain the same (normal), the unbelieving will still remain unbelieving still, businesses will move on as usual and there will not be any unusual signs from what is happening in the world but the scriptures says suddenly Christ will appear in the atmosphere, when Christ appear in the atmosphere, only those that will be going with Him will see Him, they will be transformed and caught up with Him in the atmosphere, they will disappear and vanish from the earth, so at that time there will report all over the world of missing people just as the scriptures says in Mathew 24 that two people will be on the bed and one person will be taken and the other left, two people will be grinding on the mill and one will be taken and the other left, two will be in the field one will be taken and the other left, there will be reports all over the world that people have suddenly vanished, yet some will still not understand what all these is about and not believe still but give incredulous meanings to all that is happening, just like the first time the Hoy Spirit came to indwell man in the book of Acts of the apostles chapter 2 And the apostles spoke in different tongues, giving praise to the Lord, and those that where present started giving all sort of meanings to all that is happening , so it will be at that time when Christ will come and even worse because there will be no Christian (believer) on earth to accurately explain the happenings unlike the day of Pentecost just as Peter did.
As the bible says there will great pain in the world at that time as a result of the rapture, places of the earth being in different time zones will create so much problems as at the time of Jesus second coming , some will be at day while some will be at night which will bring about different kinds of accidents, there will be plane crash allover because if it be that the pilot suddenly disappear while the plane is in the air, there will also be car crash all over for all kinds of reasons and houses burnt, may be people are cooking or using home appliances during the time of their flight. There will be all kinds of accidents even some not even thought of will occur on that day of Rapture which will bring about so many loss of lives and many will go to Hell that day because once you did not go with the Rapture, it means if you die in those accidents, you go to Hell. Though many people will still remain on earth but the good news about it is that some will believe the scripture due to all they have seen during the Rapture and have been told before the Rapture.

Those that finally believe will go through so many persecutions like never before the creation of the world. During the rebuilding of the world (As at that time the whole world will be in total chaos and destruction), a man would rise who would appear to be a man of peace because he will bring about peace on earth (world), he would be a very intelligent man, who would be made ruler of the whole world and which during his reign, the world would enjoy peace and blissfulness which it never had experienced since man left the garden of Eden. Things will remain normal and even better, Christianity (Religion) will still remain and there will be so much hypocrisy like never before, so many false prophet will rise deceiving many and even themselves, in fact any child born into the world at that period, will never know if anything like the Rapture had taken place because things will be as normal as it can be for a particular period of time. After some time God will start pouring out His bowl of wrath on the inhabitant of the earth and there will so much terrible times, earthquakes and so many natural disaster will befall the earth, during this time so many that believed after the Rapture will fall and some that still remain in their believes will face so many persecutions because there will be so much conspiracy against them, it will be widely believed that they are the ones responsible for all the disaster that is happening on earth and hereby so many will be cast into prison and some killed because they belong to the way or sect which is what it will be called then, this will go on for three and half years, which at first people will start receiving the 666 marks (Mark of the beast) unknowingly in other to do business and when it becomes known it will be too late for anyone to repent. Anyone that do not have the mark will not be allowed to do business of any kind and those that do not will be hunted down and killed, but before you are killed you will be given the last opportunity to receive the mark. At this time the beast (Anti christ) will come out openly and demand worship from which if you do not you will be killed, this will take place for the next three and half years.

Jesus Christ will come back after the second three and half years, destroy the beast, the false prophets, and those with the beast mark and cast them into the lake of fire but those that do not receive the mark of the beast will still remain on earth. Christ will establish His kingdom here on earth for one thousand years, which Satan will be bound for this period so that he can no longer deceive the people of the world, and at this time the earth will become a paradise and return back to as it was when it was first created.
Jesus is coming back soon, there is no doubt about that, if you would like to be Raptured when He comes back, the only reasonable thing for you to do is to be right with Him so when He comes, you will go with Him.

You make it appear as if the "rapture" will be escape plan for Christians from the great tribulation. The bible shows both the righteous and unrighteous will experience the great tribulation.

"(21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened". Matthew 24:21-22 (KJV)

This does not say that "the elects" will all have been taken to heaven before the great tribulation, does it? Rather, it holds out the prospect to them, along with associates in the flesh, of surviving that great tribulation on earth.

"(9) After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; (10) And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. (14) And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:9-10,14 (KJV)

To "come out" of something a person must go into it or be in it. So this great multitude must be persons who actually experience the great tribulation and come out of it as survivors.
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
Freksy:

When the apostle Paul said that Christians would be "caught up" to be with the Lord, what subject was being discussed? RESURRECTION!

1 Thess. 4:13-18, "We would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning those who are asleep ("those who sleep in death," NE; "those who have died," TEV, JB), that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words."

Evidently some members of the Christian church in Thessalonica had died. Paul encouraged the survivors to comfort one another with the resurrection hope. He reminded them that Jesus was resurrected after his death; so, too, at the coming of the Lord, those faithful Christians among them who had died would be raised to be with Christ.

Who are the ones that will be 'caught up in the clouds,' as stated at 1 Thessalonians 4:17?

Verse 15 explains that they are faithful ones "who are left until the coming of the Lord," that is, they are still living at the time of Christ's coming.

Will they ever die?

According to Romans 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 15:35, 36, 44, they must die before they can gain heavenly life. But there is no need for them to remain in the death state awaiting Christ's return. They will instantly be "caught up," "in the twinkling of an eye," to be with The Lord.

RESURRECTION is what the apostle knew and preached. Rapture is alien.

Maybe this will help sir;

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed- In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Corinthians 15:51-53
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
Freksy:

You make it appear as if the "rapture" will be escape plan for Christians from the great tribulation. The bible shows both the righteous and unrighteous will experience the great tribulation.

"(21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened". Matthew 24:21-22 (KJV)

This does not say that "the elects" will all have been taken to heaven before the great tribulation, does it? Rather, it holds out the prospect to them, along with associates in the flesh, of surviving that great tribulation on earth.

"(9) After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; (10) And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. (14) And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:9-10,14 (KJV)

To "come out" of something a person must go into it or be in it. So this great multitude must be persons who actually experience the great tribulation and come out of it as survivors.

But sir u should also understand from the scripture u quoted, the elect are the ones saved during the tribulations. Some would not accept the mark, and thus will be saved by their blood so to say; these are the elect sir!
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Maybe this will help sir;

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed- In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Corinthians 15:51-53
Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
Pastor Olu T: We are surely living in the end of days and surely dont need a seer to see this!

The spirit says clearly that in later times some believers will desert the Christian faith. They will follow spirit that deceive, and they will believe the teachings of demons. These people will speak lies disguise as truth. Their consciences have been scarred as if branded by a red-hot iron.

1Timothy 4:1-2

Re: Rapture by PastorOluT(m): 8:07am On Jan 05, 2014
We are in the last lap of our race on earth and would soon give accounts of our sojourneying on this side of eternity. The bible says we should be wise as serpent and gentle as a dove, also it says it is required in stewardship that a man be found faithful.

Let us all arise from our slumbering and receive the light and life of Christ running with focus and perseverance the final lap of the race we are called to!

Seeing wherefore brethren that we are compassed around with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us do away with every sin and weight which easily beset us, and running this race with perseverance that is set before us. Looking unto Christ the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was placed before Him endure the cross, despising the shame and has sat at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1-2

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'Jesus And Mary' Appear On Google Earth / The Act Of Forgiving / The Sage Dr. Myles Munroe Goes Home To Rest In The Bossom Of The Lord.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.