Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock (13558 Views)

Who Is This Japhet Omojuwa Of A Guy & What Is His Problem? He Called GEJ, Idi0t / What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? / Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
If we look at the trend of rice and cement since it is now manufactured in Nigeria, you will notice that the price is competing with imported prices, when it should be cheaper. The press is saying nothing about this because Dangote Group of Companies buys ads at high premium prices in all the news outlets.

This man claimed to help women start business's by donating $61.00 10,000 Naira which type of business can you start with N10,000 ?

We should beware of a man who says the Boko Harem is not our biggest problem right now but infrastructure that will be built with his cement that is sold at the highest cost in the global market.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by bigtt76(f): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ok. Noted.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by manny4life(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sis, the way I look at it is simple. Give me $1million and I will start cement manufacturing just like Dangote started, with the forces of market in place, I will crash price in the market which will make me expand.

Moral of the story: We can continue to blame everyone but ourselves, let Igbo entrepreneurs come together and join forces, establishing same market just like Dangote will force prices down. It's that simple. With the recent happenings of events, I doubt Jonathan is being controlled.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by slimfit1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
Okay let see how it goes
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life: Sis, the way I look at it is simple. Give me $1million and I will start cement manufacturing just like Dangote started, with the forces of market in place, I will crash price in the market which will make me expand.

Moral of the story: We can continue to blame everyone but ourselves, let Igbo entrepreneurs come together and join forces, establishing same market just like Dangote will force prices down. It's that simple. With the recent happenings of events, I doubt Jonathan is being controlled.

Actually my brother what he did was convince the government to charge higher tariffs on importation of cement and he did not lower the price but actually increased it. Nigerians pay the highest in the world for cement. It is even cheaper in Ghana.
http://www.punchng.com/feature/cement-price-still-defies-laws-of-demand-and-supply/

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
He will soon put Ibeto out of business, even though he has monopolized and has been the sole importer of cement into Nigeria, now he will get a taste of his own medicine.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/21/cement-palaver-dangote-ibeto-at-war/
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
Very funny topic and illogical conclusion.

The gorilla in-charge of the country isn't the problem, but a legit and shrewd businessman is, yes?

Laughable!! grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by manny4life(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
biafranqueen:

Actually my brother what he did was convince the government to charge higher tariffs on importation of cement and he did not lower the price but actually increased it. Nigerians pay the highest in the world for cement. It is even cheaper in Ghana.

Then it's time for local entrepreneurs to crank it up and show him the business. If 1,000 youths today came up with $1,000 and set up a business just to crash cement price in the east, it will affect him one way or another... Laws of demand and supply.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
Despite the ‘glut’, Nigerians have continued to buy cement at prices which observers consider exorbitant. Currently, a bag of 50kg of cement costs between N1,650 and N1,800. But in neighbouring Republic of Benin and Ghana, a bag of 50kg of cement sells for 4500CFA (N1,500) and GH¢15.295 (N1,150) respectively.

Sometime last year, the price shot through the roof when a bag was sold for N2,500 in Nigeria.
http://www.punchng.com/feature/cement-price-still-defies-laws-of-demand-and-supply/

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by manny4life(m): 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
My sister look, I'm a firm believer of solutions than problems. Our local entrepreneurs if they aren't lazy need to crash the price... It's that simple. If Ibeto was manufacturing rather than packaging, at least, SE won't have the problem.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by solomon111(m): 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
Actually i think the reason why cement price is high is because there is too much demand.
And secondly,i don't think any sensible govt will support an importer over an indigenous manufacture.
Ibeto need to start manufacturing.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by manny4life(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
solomon111: Actually i think the reason why cement price is high is because there is too much demand.
And secondly,i don't think any sensible govt will support an importer over an indigenous manufacture.

Ding Ding Ding... Keyword is manufacturing.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by Caleboha(m): 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
Whoever sold Aso rock to Dangote (a ridiculous assertion) is the biggest problem of Nigeria, not Dangote!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by babadem2much(m): 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
sis, u complained that what kind of business one will do with 10k forgetting that there are so many people who have the money n they refuse giving @ least he has given 10k

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
babadem2much: sis, u complained that what kind of business one will do with 10k forgetting that there are so many people who have the money n they refuse giving @ least he has given 10k
He could have used that money to open up a school for the women and children. He is the richest man in Africa. It is better to teach them to fish then to give them fish. He is highly intelligent he knows what to do to help those women in the long run like setting up micro financing.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
solomon111: Actually i think the reason why cement price is high is because there is too much demand.
NO the demand is not higher and a surplus of cement is sitting in warehouses. The point being locally produced cement should be cheaper than imported. locally produced cement should be cheaper than the imported variety because the latter attracts duty and 35 per cent levy, which is another $35 per tonne.

“The local manufacturers do not pay these levies. So, their prices should be cheaper. Imported cement sells within the same price range as the locally-produced ones. This should not be,” Iweta stresses.

Also, a civil engineer, Harris Benedict, describes cement pricing in Nigeria as a ‘mystery’.

“How come the manufacturers sell almost at the same price? How come, despite the inter-play, the imported and locally produced cement could not force down prices of the commodity?” he asks.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

Ding Ding Ding... Keyword is manufacturing.
When you get home and start building your house this will not be a joke grin
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by manny4life(m): 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
biafranqueen: When you get home and start building your house this will not be a joke grin

Lol... I know right, but wetin man go do.

Reason why I must make money first before building house in Nnewi, not to say my papa house no dey, but it's in the plan just not now.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life: My sister look, I'm a firm believer of solutions than problems. Our local entrepreneurs if they aren't lazy need to crash the price... It's that simple. If Ibeto was manufacturing rather than packaging, at least, SE won't have the problem.
Every Nigerian who builds a house pays Dangote and his cronies in the government, almost double for each cement bag. The impact of this in houses not built, built to sub-standards and infrastructure Nigeria fails to have is enormous.
DailyTrust Sept. 26, 2013: 2 die as two buildings collapse in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by manny4life(m): 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
biafranqueen:
Every Nigerian who builds a house pays Dangote and his cronies in the government, almost double for each cement bag. The impact of this in houses not built, built to sub-standards and infrastructure Nigeria fails to have is enormous.
DailyTrust Sept. 26, 2013: 2 die as two buildings collapse in Lagos

I support all you say but our local entrepreneurs need to rise to the occasion, sometime I wish I was home so I can start my campaign for the youths. Nigeria is DORMANT, and I understand your concern but there's nothing you and I can do about it.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

Lol... I know right, but wetin man go do.

Reason why I must make money first before building house in Nnewi, not to say my papa house no dey, but it's in the plan just not now.
Well my brother just to let you know my research has shown that it will be cheaper for us to import the cement from America before the tariffs go up we will save over $8,000 on our project. I thought that supporting Dangote would be supporting Nigeria but I found out that he is gauging the system. Just wait until the refinery is built Nigerians will pay double for gasoline watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

I support all you say but our local entrepreneurs need to rise to the occasion, sometime I wish I was home so I can start my campaign for the youths. Nigeria is DORMANT, and I understand your concern but there's nothing you and I can do about it.
Yes I agree this is not our line of business but I agree with you 100% Iam not a big fan of Ibeto he drives by the Motherless Baby Home everyday and has in all these years done nothing for them cry Dangote is building a Monopoly and we Nigerians will suffer it.

We all thought when we start manufacturing in Nigeria and the Government stops letting importers bring it in we Nigerians would benefit but the price is going higher
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by manny4life(m): 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
biafranqueen: Well my brother just to let you know my research has shown that it will be cheaper for us to import the cement from America before the tariffs go up we will save over $8,000 on our project. I thought that supporting Dangote would be supporting Nigeria but I found out that he is gauging the system. Just wait until the refinery is built Nigerians will pay double for gasoline watch and see.

That's a lot of money to save but na so we see am...

I can't really blame him, does Ibeto not have $5million to build a small cement plant?

He's building refinery, yes, but the smallest turnkey refinery can be built if 10/20 local investors put money down

Cosharis that invested more than $120million in Ifeanyi Uba and lost, isn't that enough money to open a mid-size refinery

Honestly, I don't blame him, we can only change our destiny ourselves.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
shymexx: Very funny topic and illogical conclusion.

The gorilla in-charge of the country isn't the problem, but a legit and shrewd businessman is, yes?

Laughable!! grin grin grin grin
He is in charge of the economy of this country yes and when gas prices go up you will not be laughing mark my words as soon as the refinery is built Nigerians will pay double for Petro http://newsrescue.com/dangote-refinery-nigerians-will-pay-double-for-petroleum/#axzz2gyPhL6vG

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by solomon111(m): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
biafranqueen: Well my brother just to let you know my research has shown that it will be cheaper for us to import the cement from America before the tariffs go up we will save over $8,000 on our project. I thought that supporting Dangote would be supporting Nigeria but I found out that he is gauging the system. Just wait until the refinery is built Nigerians will pay double for gasoline watch and see.
Madam stop saying nonsense.
How can it beneficial for us to keep importing?
Who will provide jobs for our teaming youths?
Ibeto should begin to manufacture indigenously if he wants the govt to take him serious.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

That's a lot of money to save but na so we see am...

I can't really blame him, does Ibeto not have $5million to build a small cement plant?

He's building refinery, yes, but the smallest turnkey refinery can be built if 10/20 local investors put money down

Cosharis that invested more than $120million in Ifeanyi Uba and lost, isn't that enough money to open a mid-size refinery

Honestly, I don't blame him, we can only change our destiny ourselves.

I do blame him because average Nigerians are suffering he can do so much as the richest black man in the world and now he is the 40th how much money does one person need, His state has millions of beggars more then Nigeria combined. Every child in that state should have free education not free lunch for 1 week. Why do we worship people with money so much, we admire rich people poli-thiefs not carrying how and who suffered for that wealth. How many billions do you need we should be benefitting for having the richest man in Africa in our country.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
solomon111: Madam stop saying nonsense.
How can it beneficial for us to keep importing?
Who will provide jobs for our teaming youths?
Ibeto should begin to manufacture indigenously if he wants the govt to take him serious.
You are not understanding me Bros I am saying that CEMENT MANUFACTURED IN THIS COUNTRY SHOULD BE CHEAPER!!!!!!
Don't you get it the price has double since we have started manufacturing cement. He made struck a deal with Aso Rock to increase the tariffs and now he increased the price of cement. He is building his wealth on the backs of Nigerians by selling cement at $10-11.00/ N1650-1800 per bag, which is twice the global average for the same size of the product.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
biafranqueen: He is in charge of the economy of this country yes and when gas prices go up you will not be laughing mark my words as soon as the refinery is built Nigerians will pay double for Petro http://newsrescue.com/dangote-refinery-nigerians-will-pay-double-for-petroleum/#axzz2gyPhL6vG

Is this conspiracy theory, or you just made this up? grin

Anyway, why would the price of petrol go up when refinery is built? How much is the cost of refining oil and wasn't the subsidy partially removed because of the irregularities and corruption in the downstream sector? And wouldn't it be easier for the government to regulate the price of petrol when it's refined in the country?

I honestly don't have time myopic conspiracies concocted by saboteurs looking for ways to destroy an empire the man built from the scratch, with his sweat. He's a businessman trying to maximise his profit(s). Tell the incompetent and useless government to do their part in regulating the prices.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by solomon111(m): 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
biafranqueen: He is in charge of the economy of this country yes and when gas prices go up you will not be laughing mark my words as soon as the refinery is built Nigerians will pay double for Petro http://newsrescue.com/dangote-refinery-nigerians-will-pay-double-for-petroleum/#axzz2gyPhL6vG
This is simple private sector economics.
Cost of petroleum products would increase at first as dangote is a private investor and would definitely want to take advantage of the system.
The boom in that industry will alert other private individuals to invest in refineries thereby crashing down the price.
The main advantage is that jobs will be created and govt will stop losing money legally and illegally.
The telecommunication industry should be your manual.
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by biafranqueen: 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
shymexx:

Anyway, why would the price of petrol go up when refinery is built? How much is the cost of refining oil and wasn't the subsidy partially removed because of the irregularities and corruption in the downstream sector? And wouldn't it be easier for the government to regulate the price of petrol when it's refined in the country?

I honestly don't have time myopic conspiracies concocted by saboteurs looking for ways to destroy an empire the man built from the scratch, with his sweat. He's a businessman trying to maximise his profit(s). Tell the incompetent and useless government to do their part in regulating the prices.
It will be finished next year lets see you people will come back to this thread when you are paying double, that is his business model and it will not change!
Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by fkaz(m): 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
[size=13pt]Jonathan's Favourable Policies Makes Me What I Am – Dangote ... [/size]

Nigeria greatest businessman grin

Made $20billion withing four good year grin

Now going into oil grin

One of the biggest sponsor of nigeria centenary(100 years of ONE nigeria) grin

Ready to back Jonathan for another four years so that forbes list will have something to release grin

Teach dem business after they will say Aboki nah MUMU grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock by solomon111(m): 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
shymexx:

Regulating the price of petroleum has been one of the reasons why private investors have not invested in refineries.
Building refineries is very expensive and risky.
Which is why the govt is trying to leave the price-fixing to market forces, which would make that industry attractive to private investors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US / 'some Critics Of Buhari Will Complain About God, If They Make Heaven' -adesina / Atiku Working Hand In Glove With Inec's ICT Unit, Oshiomole Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.