Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose (13923 Views)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha / Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose / N4.7 B Fraud: I Reamin Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by tibaonnet: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has said that he 'remain resolute in making his opinions known on national issues and will not be intimidated.”

Fayose made this known yesterday in an angry reaction to the arrest of some men, who allegedly aided and abetted the governor in laundering part of the cash taken from the office of the former National Security Officer.

The men were said to have been arrested and detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Monday in Lagos.

One of them, whose name was given as Abiodun Agbele, was reportedly picked up at a location in Lagos while trying to doctor vital documents relating to some property he had bought for the embattled governor.

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed the arrest but did not give further details.

“It is true that we arrested some men who were fronting for governor. They are in our Lagos Office. That is all I can say for now,” Uwujaren said last night.

But it was learnt that some officials of a bank, which the governor said had helped him with funds to run his election, were also picked up and moved to Abuja by the operatives of the commission.

Agbele, according to EFCC sources had been on the watchlist of the commission in the past week following discovery he was the arrowhead in the receipt and laundering of huge sums of money from a former Defence Minister, Musiliu Obanikor, who has since denied doling out any money to the Ekiti governor.

But the arrest of Agbele and others has not gone down well with Governor Fayose, who reacted angrily to the development last night.
In a statement by his spokesman, Lere Olayinka, the governor chided EFCC for arresting his aides without first inviting them for questioning.

“Our attention has been drawn to the arrest of Mr Abiodun Agbele by the EFCC and we wish to say that we encourage the EFCC to carry out its investigations without politics as it is being done now.

“It must be pointed out that at no time was Mr Abiodun Agbele invited by the EFCC, and if he had been invited, he would have honoured the invitation. Therefore, there is nothing to celebrate in his arrest if it is not political.

“As already pointed out, Governor Ayodele Fayose does not have anything to do with any fund from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA).

“Also, the person said to have been arrested is an adult and will defend himself when the time comes. Subjecting him to media trial as EFCC has been doing since the inception of this government will only give our adversaries momentary sense of joy.

“We await reports of EFCC investigations and we hope that the anti-corruption agency will be civil enough to allow an open and transparent trial in competent court of law and not media trial just to get at Governor Fayose because of his uncompromising stance against the misrule of the APC/Buhari led federal government.

“Finally, like we have maintained, Governor Fayose will remain resolute in making his opinions known on national issues and will not be intimidated.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/n4-7bn-fraud-i-remain-resolute-unintimidated-says-fayose/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by redcliff: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
Resolute to eat more corn and cut more kpomo....and also follow president to China like Fly following Shit.. grin Nigeria... you deserve your leaders.. Lmao!!!!

25 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by SeverusSnape(m): 11:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nice one Mr. Fayose, Continue being resolute. Dullardeen can't do zilch to you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Ofemmanu1: 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
Baba o!

12 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Horlufemi(m): 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
ponmo ninja

1 Like

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by mankan2k7(m): 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Pay workers salaries you no gree

8 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by cktheluckyman: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Fayose would always be a nightmare to Buhari

15 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by spako4(m): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
Use your energy and time to govern and develop your state and pay the salaries of the state civil servants instead of criticizing PMB.
Leave the criticism to the electorates and the public.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Day169: 11:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ekiti is fast becoming synonymous with the term "One chance" .. with their governor, an aberration to governance.

20 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by DaBullIT(m): 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
We don hear da wan before

please try again later

thank you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by matt245(m): 8:01am On Jun 29, 2016
hehe...let's see for how long

1 Like

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by macanu(m): 8:02am On Jun 29, 2016
Ok
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by veekid(m): 8:02am On Jun 29, 2016
Irunmole toun je fried rice
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by herzern(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2016
Fayose and Nairaland front paqe

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2016
spako4:
Use your energy and time to govern and develop your state and pay the salaries of the state civil servants instead of criticizing PMB.
Leave the criticism to the electorates and the public.

Well.....he is within his rights to critique Abuja....but he also has to sort out his state's problems too.

1 Like

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by DesChyko: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2016
Shey Ekiti Government pay Nairaland ni? How Fayose matter just dey romance frontpage anyhow don appear like contract o
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by hazyfm: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2016
cheesy cheesy

WE AT ZENITH BANK STAND & KNEEL BY YOU

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 29, 2016
It's embarrassing to say the least how this whole thing is playing out. We all know this man is corrupt and his election was funded by ONSA and Obanikoro( the dude should be in jail) knows about it. Why do we fight amongst ourselves? We are not the thieves, these politicians are. Why not come together and face them instead of supporting an obviously corrupt tinubu or saraki or David Mark or wike or Fayose or whoever. Think about China and how it's a capital offense punishable by death to divert or steal public funds. think about how in the UK if u raise a petition against the government and u get 100,000 signatures the government has to listen to you.

You have to be politically involved in how your country is managed make your voices heard not by supporting a corrupt mind. what is bad is bad and this politicians have nothing good to offer us unless we teach them common sense.
P.S Not the Ben Murray Bruce type sha.

Mrnin y'all and have a nice day

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by maxzzo1(m): 8:04am On Jun 29, 2016
Fayose is a man!!!
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Raymondreigns(m): 8:05am On Jun 29, 2016
Ramon
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by dammytosh: 8:07am On Jun 29, 2016
Please remain resolute.

We have dead brains behind you.

They believe you are entitled to steal as long as there are thieves in APC.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 29, 2016
J A G A B A N
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Hillzy(m): 8:07am On Jun 29, 2016
“Also, the person said to have been arrested is
an adult and will defend himself when the time
comes".

Fayose they let that him guy know say him need to sharpen his eye, cos as tins dey go now na all man for himself

4 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by louqas: 8:07am On Jun 29, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Tell him to pay his workers instead of to "dey pack the money go zenith bank"

3 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Akshow: 8:07am On Jun 29, 2016
Good to hear
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by hazyfm: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2016
SeverusSnape:

U need Jesus ASAP!

2 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by yekparikpa(m): 8:08am On Jun 29, 2016
As strong as ever!

2 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by nd07(m): 8:13am On Jun 29, 2016
I so much love Fayose. U can't be shouted down. For d interest of well meaning Nigerians , remain resolute Sir.

1 Like

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by shelu88(f): 8:15am On Jun 29, 2016
I pray oo
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Progressive01(m): 8:16am On Jun 29, 2016
cheesycheesy
TonyeBarcanista, come and see ya friend.

3 Likes

Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 29, 2016
Strong Fayose I Hail oh
Re: I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose by Okijajuju1(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2016
E consign ma

All we want to know is what business Fayose did that they paid all these monies into his account. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3900405_img20160628195516_jpegb523f331753c3ce024b18deb990e4d78

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Government, States N13.1b Richer In December – Adeosun / Market Demolition: No One Died, Says Okorocha; Lies, My 10-yr-old Son Is Dead / Gunmen Attack Imo INEC Office, Three Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.