Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Famous St Bridget Prayer And Promises Attached - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Famous St Bridget Prayer And Promises Attached (637 Views)

Buhari’ll Deliver On Campaign Promises – Kumuyi / A Thread For The 21 Days Prayer And Fasting of The Winners Family / Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Famous St Bridget Prayer And Promises Attached by DonTonero: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
As St. Bridget for long time wanted to know the number of blows Our Lord received during His Passion, He one day appeared to her and said
“I received 5,480 blows on My Body. If you wish to honor them in some way, say 15 Our Fathers and 15 Hail Marys with the following Prayers (which He taught her) forwhole year. When the year is up, you will have honored each one of My Wounds.”Our Lord made the following promises to anyone who recited the 15 St. Bridget Prayers for a whole year.

Promises

1. I will deliver 15 of his lineage from Purgatory.

2. Fifteen souls of his lineage will be confirmed and preserved in grace.

3. Fifteen sinners of his lineage will be converted.

4. Whoever recites these Prayers will attain the first degree of perfection.

5. Fifteen days before his death I will give him My Precious Body in order that he may escape eternal starvation; I will give him My Precious Blood to drink lest he thirst
eternally.

6. Fifteen days before his death he will feeldeep contrition for all his sins and will haveperfect knowledge of them.

7. I will place before him the sign of My Victorious Cross for his help and defense against the attacks of his enemies.

8. Before his death I shall come with My Dearest Beloved Mother.

9. I shall graciously receive his soul, and will lead it into eternal joys.

10. And having led it there I shall give himspecial draught from the fountain of My Deity, something I will not do for those who have not recited My Prayers.

11. Let it be known that whoever may have been living instate of mortal sin for 30 years, but who will recite devoutly, or have the intention to recite these Prayers, the Lord
will forgive him all his sins.

12. I shall protect him from strong temptations.

13. I shall preserve and guard his 5 senses.

14. I shall preserve him fromsudden death.

15. His soul will be delivered from eternal death.

16. He will obtain all he asks for from God and the Blessed Virgin.

17. If he has lived all his life doing his own will and he is to die the next day, his life will be prolonged.

18. Every time one recites these Prayers he gains 100 days indulgence.

19. He is assured of being joined to the supreme Choir of Angels.

20. Whoever teaches these Prayers to another, will have continuous joy and merit which will endure eternally.

21. Where these Prayers are being or will be said in the future God is present with His grace.
Re: Famous St Bridget Prayer And Promises Attached by DonTonero: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
The prayers are quite long but can be seen in any catholic Pieta or most prayer books.....the prayer works am a witness guess we have some simple prayers as Catholics that performs wonders yet we look elsewhere for miracle whereas we already have all we search for
Re: Famous St Bridget Prayer And Promises Attached by italo: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
We Catholics just have to make our devotions with purity of mind, trust and patience.

Often times, we focus on our problems instead of God.

That's when we begin to sink, like Peter.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You See In This Picture? / How Catholics Changed The 10 Commandments / What Is An Infidel? Knowing It Is To Believe-it This Is A True Story And The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.