Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support (13727 Views)

Photos Of Alamieyeseigha On Life Support Before His Death / Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today / Solomon Lar Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by bappahman: 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Contrary to online reports last night that, first civilian governor of Plateau State, Chief Solomon Lar was dead, DailyPost can authoritatively report that the elder statesman is alive, but however, on live support.

The Executive Secretary of Solomon Lar Foundation, Mr. Major Adeyi, has confirmed that Lar was not dead, but was currently on life support.

Adeyi in a statement said, “Baba (Lar) is not dead, but the truth is that he is on life support. He was discharged from the hospital last week and even read his message to Nigerians on the occasion of Nigeria’s 53rd independence on online version of most newspapers. but two days later, he had a relapse and was rushed to the hospital. As I am talking to you now, he is on life support.”

Lar, 50 who is also the pioneer chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, has been undergoing medical treatment in a London hospital for over a year now.
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/08/solomon-lar-not-dead-on-live-support/
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Clerverly: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
And jonathan loses an ally...too bad though

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by wasak(m): 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
Eyyah
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
So sad! May his soul rest in the bosom of the lord.
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by homesteady(m): 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
Clerverly: And jonathan loses an ally...too bad though

Is that the only thing you can think off?? SMH

3 Likes

Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by seanet02: 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
berem: So sad! May his soul rest in the bosom of the lord.
What is so sad about an elderly person dying?

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Starlett: 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
Source?
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by AndreUweh(m): 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
@ the OP, WHERE IS YOUR LINK?. If true, then Rest in peace my hero great friend of Easterners.
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Ngwakwe: 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Bros, you're too hot with this your assignment.

Mellow down and re-strategise. 2015 will solve its problems.

Clerverly: And jonathan loses an ally...too bad though

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by automaticcars: 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Andre Uweh: @ the OP, WHERE IS YOUR LINK?. If true, then Rest in peace my hero great friend of Easterners.

He didn't support Alex Ekwueme in 1999. He supported Obasanjo twice for President.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
One down, more to go. . . There's hope for Nigeria !

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Ngwakwe: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
Who takes over from him, I mean political inheritance?

You know, I was baffled when OBJ appointed Ironsi's Son (Thomas Tom Aguiyi) as Minister for Defence.
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Another one bites the dust.. Did he die in a Jos hospital or one of those well equipped 7 star London hospital?
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: Who takes over from him, I mean political inheritance?

You know, I was baffled when OBJ appointed Ironsi's Son (Thomas Tom Aguiyi) as Minister for Defence.
don't be baffled, there is a Solomon Lar (Jnr)
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by ACM10: 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
source
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by aljharem(m): 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
founder of PDP.
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by bappahman: 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
Starlett: Source?
www.aproko247.com/?p=635
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by acmev2(m): 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
Rip
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by bappahman: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ogbeche77: don't be baffled, there is a Solomon Lar (Jnr)
His Daughter was S.A to pres obj
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by bknight: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
RIP Lar
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sorry one man down in old pop.
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
bappahman:
His son Victor Lar is also currently serving as a senator,

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by AndreUweh(m): 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
automaticcars:

He didn't support Alex Ekwueme in 1999. He supported Obasanjo twice for President.
As if Ekwueme supported Zik in 1979 and 1983.
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by automaticcars: 12:02am On Oct 08, 2013
@Afam

why did you delete my post? It wasn't offensive. Why are you allergic to truth? Come on! If I report you to Seun, I am sure my post will be restored.
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Brimmie(m): 12:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Heya!
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Adios
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by hardywaltz(m): 12:22am On Oct 08, 2013
RIP Lar
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by untainted: 12:41am On Oct 08, 2013
She is a serving member of the House of Reps. Benie Lar. She has been there since Bankole's era
bappahman:
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by tomakint: 1:24am On Oct 08, 2013
RIP Chief Solomon Lar!
Re: Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support by muhibro: 1:33am On Oct 08, 2013
Fear has gripped the family and associates of the first civilian governor of Plateau State, Chief Solomon Lar, over the state of his health.

Rumours were rife on Monday that he had passed on.

However, the Executive Secretary of Solomon Lar Foundation, Mr. Major Adeyi, said that Lar was not dead, but was presently on life support.

He said, “Baba (Lar) is not dead, but the truth is that he is on life support. He was discharged from the hospital last week and even read his message to Nigerians on the occasion of Nigeria’s 53rd independence on online version of most newspapers. but two days later, he had a relapse and was rushed to the hospital. As I am talking to you now, he is on life support.”

Lar, who is also the pioneer chairman of the People’s Democratic  Party has been undergoing medical treatment in a London hospital for the past one year.

His last message was on the 53rd independence anniversary of Nigeria and the last picture seen of him was with his wife in London.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ex-pdp-chairman-solomon-lar-on-life-support/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation / Patriotism ~ Why Nigerians Should Be Patriotic / LG Polls: Why We Won't Refund Any Money To Aspirants Who Lost In Primaries - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.