Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,354 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams (13387 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams / Miracle Baby Born With Quran At A White Garment Church In Mushin, Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Ayee Idris: While I sympathise with the ram sellers, I don't understand why they still want to make use of the same location. I thought what they should be asking for is that their rams be released and that they would move to the designated area. Instead, they are asking to use the banned area this year. I don't get that. Sallah is still a week away.

Yeah I thought so too, but realise it'll take them eternity to get customers at a new location (which most likely is occupied by now). And this would result to huge losses for them.
I think the best thing is for them to pay a li'l fine, sell-off their goods, clean the place after their sale and relocate to the new location for their next sales. But I hope the LASG, would be benevolent enough to allow them this one.
Thinking about it is just too saddening
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by 3ace(m): 11:56am On Oct 08, 2013
sanniemoe: I drove past d place yesterday when d thing dey happen. If u see as dem imprison ram...kai,I love my country.....those rams were going to jail
Jail ke? Those rams are going to cell made of stomach walls.
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by bealuv(f): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
eddiebruk:

If you think this guy is a bigot like this post. shocked shocked

sorry

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by 3ace(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
“An official from Agriculture Ministry gave
us permission to use this place, but I was
surprised when I heard that he had been
arrested,” he said.
Bunch of illiterates; so after settling him, you didn't deem it fit to put it in black and white as form of defence for situation like this.
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by SBJoji(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
*some text missing
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
eddiebruk:

“An official from Agriculture Ministry gave us permission to use this place, but I was surprised when I heard that he had been arrested,” he said. “These ram sellers came from Sokoto State and they are not aware of the relocation order.

Did you read that part of the Report....?
Whenever you hear or read that an official of any of our Govt MDA's was "approached", be sure some "things" went down.

Not surprised the said official was arrested
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
I believe in due process....its this short cut things and runs that's killing Nigeria. am sure the Min of Agric guy had been bribed with rams to facilitate the trade in an unapproved area.
every where is not a market place my people....
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
sure way: Lagos is fast turning a mega city...you don hear say them dey drag ram along the street in developd countries..let everytin be done in order.pls lasg av given u a space go there.#simple.
eko o ni ba je o..
if tomorrow the state looks dirty, they will say D govt is nt working.
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by sureway1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Messi j: if tomorrow the state looks dirty, they will say D govt is nt working.
You dey mind them?
Everything must be done in their favour...
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by AyeeIdris(f): 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gabbysky:

Yeah I thought so too, but realise it'll take them eternity to get customers at a new location (which most likely is occupied by now). And this would result to huge losses for them.
I think the best thing is for them to pay a li'l fine, sell-off their goods, clean the place after their sale and relocate to the new location for their next sales. But I hope the LASG, would be benevolent enough to allow them this one.
Thinking about it is just too saddening

U r right. I agree with u
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by omonnakoda: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
First the rams will be sent for rehabilitation then back to their states of origin for reunion with family. I hope they are not from Anambra State sha

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
hammedkola: They 'll be released later
AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN EATEN OR SOLD EH?
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by everyday: 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Let them go and bail their ram
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
The rams have been released. Just passed there now.. there is a neighbourhood watch patrol van there,guarding them I guess. There r other vehicles on the main road too,maybe they buyers too
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by maclatunji: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
sanniemoe: The rams have been released. Just passed there now.. there is a neighbourhood watch patrol van there,guarding them I guess. There r other vehicles on the main road too,maybe they buyers too

I hope so.
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by free2ryhme: 6:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
maclatunji: With just seven days to the Eid-el-Kabir festival, some ram sellers have lost their rams to the Lagos State Environment and Special Offences Enforcement Unit which raided their stalls and confiscated dozens of rams.

Olaide Agboola, the Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) who led the team, said the ram owners were trading in prohibited areas in state.

Agboola said that the State Ministry of Agriculture had designated some locations for sale of rams in the state but the owners, instead of making use of those places, had converged at Ijora Olopa.

The CSP said the traders refused to relocate from the place despite officials from the unit giving them a 24-hour deadline to vacate the place.

“We have told them that Lagos State Government will not tolerate littering the state with waste; they should go and sell their rams in designated areas. I will make sure that not a single ram remains in this place today. This will serve as a lesson to other traders,“ he said.

The ram sellers, however, denied they were notified that their sales point was prohibited. They also claimed that the Enforcement Unit did not give them any notice.

They appealed to Governor Babatunde Fashola to release the rams.

Speaking on Monday, Muhammed Mudi, leader of the ram sellers, said that they were not expecting the officials since they had had approached an official of the Ministry of Agriculture who gave them permission to sell rams at the location.

“An official from Agriculture Ministry gave us permission to use this place, but I was surprised when I heard that he had been arrested,” he said. “These ram sellers came from Sokoto State and they are not aware of the relocation order.

“That is why we are appealing to the governor to allow us to make our sales here this year; we promise not to bring our rams here next year.”

Mudi said that the task force came to the market and carted away their rams in trucks..

http://telegraphng.com/2013/10/lagos-government-detains-sallah-rams/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

ram confiscated to be shared by ACP cohorts
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by freeR1: 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
why is my post deleted. Is NL too poor for intellectual debates?
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by maclatunji: 12:03am On Oct 09, 2013
free R1: why is my post deleted. Is NL too poor for intellectual debates?

You guys were starting to derail the thread with the "who owns Lagos debate?". You can debate that all you want on a thread created for that purpose in the right section.
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 09, 2013
OMG... Na naija we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sha. Ho̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ will D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ confisticate their ram. If @ all they want to bring them to book of law, it is d seller that should be arrested. Probably dem ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ get money to buy ram for ileya, but remember ileya can't be celebrated with unlawful and unjust items. Ma sha ALLAH
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by Gmike2rule(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2013
Notin Good and brilliant comes easy. If We Nigerians look on dis situation with prejudice, Nigeria will neva grow.. Cage ur domestic animals, dont dispose material wer it shud not b disposed. Y are all dis so difficult to aclimatize to. Sooner we go say we won go london, go America if na like so den dey treat der own surroundings, were dey b able to boast of it... Think wise and big guys!!!
Re: Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams by freeR1: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
maclatunji:

You guys were starting to derail the thread with the "who owns Lagos debate?". You can debate that all you want on a thread created for that purpose in the right section.

I gave a candid response to an ignorant question so you decided to delete the response and not the question. Why is the other post which started the debate still up? Hypocrisy? Lagosians own Lagos, its heritage and ancestors! Period!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Football: World Muslim 11 / Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! / Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.