Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 (41388 Views)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup - (0 - 2) On 29th October 2013 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2 - 1) On 27th October 2013 / Sunderland Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 5th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by JMOI: 12:40am On Oct 08, 2013
The 167th La Liga 'Clasico' between Barcelona and Real Madrid at the Nou Camp on Saturday could be the ideal stage for Gareth Bale and Neymar to show they are worth a combined price tag of almost £135 million.

Or, as is more likely, one of the most intense rivalries in football and a match watched by hundreds of millions around the world will again showcase the peerless talents of Barca's Argentine World Player of the Year Lionel Messi and Real's Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo.

However, fans in Britain will have to be content with 75 minutes of fun and frolics - archaic scheduling laws mean that no live football can be shown on UK TV between 2:45pm and 5:15 pm, as it clashes with the standard 3pm fixture list; as such, viewers on Sky Sports will see their coverage begin 15 minutes after kick-off.

Leaders Barca dropped their first points of the campaign with a 0-0 draw at Osasuna last weekend and victory for Real, as well as providing a huge confidence boost, would put them level with their bitter rivals on 25 points from 10 games.

Wales winger Bale replaced Ronaldo as the most expensive player in history when he joined Real from Tottenham Hotspur for a fee of £86m in the close season, while Barca paid some £49m to lure Brazil forward Neymar from Santos.

Bale's first weeks in the Spanish capital have been disrupted by injury but coach Carlo Ancelotti hinted that the 24-year-old could feature from the start against Barca after coming on as a second-half substitute in Wednesday's 2-1 Champions League victory at home to Juventus.

Neymar, 21, has shown glimpses of the brilliance that has served his country so well in recent years - he scored the goal against Atletico Madrid that secured the Spanish Super Cup at the end of August - without really catching fire.

Saturday's match will also give Barca coach Gerardo Martino and Ancelotti their first taste of Spain's 'Clasico'. Argentine Martino and Italian Ancelotti, both hugely experienced and unlikely to be fazed by the occasion, are still tinkering with squads they inherited from Tito Vilanova and Jose Mourinho in the close season.

Ancelotti's task has been complicated by the arrivals of a host of new faces along with Bale, including Spain playmaker Isco and midfielder Asier Illarramendi, and Real have been less than convincing in several La Liga outings this term.

Although they won their opening nine matches, one short of the La Liga record held by Real, Barca have struggled to break down defence-minded teams despite Martino's attempts to introduce a more direct style of attack. Whatever happens on Saturday will not necessarily be decisive for the La Liga title race but could have a profound psychological effect on the players.

Neymar, for one, is taking it all in his stride. "I think the nerves are the same in all the games you play," he told Barca TV. "I know that it's about a very important 'Clasico' but I think the feeling of having butterflies in your stomach is the same as before a normal match."

Real hold the upper hand in league games against Barca, with 70 victories to 64 since they first locked horns in 1929. Under Mourinho last term, they drew 2-2 at the Nou Camp and won 2-1 at the Bernabeu but surrendered their Spanish title to Barca largely because of a stuttering start to the campaign.
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 12:43am On Oct 08, 2013
There's no El Classico like the Barca-Madrid one. This is the match that football lovers throughout the world always anticipate.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by FYB(m): 12:48am On Oct 08, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]madrid 4 sure.***celebratin messi's absence**
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by hammedkola(m): 12:48am On Oct 08, 2013
The date was not hidden before...Its only the time that's just made known and don't be surprised, it can be changed.

On the other side, Real Madrid is nowhere ready for this encounter because Barcelona is "Mes Que Un Club"
Up Barcelona!

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by hammedkola(m): 12:59am On Oct 08, 2013
F.Y.B.:
madrid 4 sure.***celebratin messi's absence**

Messi 'll be back before then
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nomski0(f): 1:03am On Oct 08, 2013
Team Cr7
Team Bale
Team Di Maria.
Team crush Barcelona(but Neymar must score)
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 08, 2013
Nomski0: Team Cr7
Team Bale
Team Di Maria.
Team crush Barcelona(but Neymar must score)

am beginin to get jelosss..plz jux say #team kiz-mart..@me
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 08, 2013
Cnt wait 4d return of d messiless soccer god

Barca i represent!!!

Victory is our birth-right

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Adufaye(m): 7:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Weda real Madrid dey form or not,them go still beat barca

Stupid league! Very borin
Two man league
I rather watch french n german league
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nomski0(f): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2013
kizmartino: Cnt wait 4d return of d messiless soccer god

Barca i represent!!!

After the 7up drink from the German Giants......you still hype yourselves so?

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 7:32am On Oct 08, 2013
#TeamBarca Representing cheesy
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by hammedkola(m): 9:37am On Oct 08, 2013
Adufaye: Weda real Madrid dey form or not,them go still beat barca

Two man league

Why talking like this?...
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Nomski0:
After the 7up drink from the German Giants......you still hype yourselves so?

jeeezz...

Datz d only weapon anti-barca has..

4get it..itz HISTORY alredi...dnt dwell in d past #team barca..
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2013
Adufaye:

Two man league

stupid league..bt it cn boast of world classic players nd all time most expensive... They alwayz have representative till in evry UCL semi-final nd mayb finals

Remember spain are current europe nd world best!!

...xo whtz ur point

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nomski0(f): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2013
kizmartino:

jeeezz...

Datz d only weapon anti-barca has..

4get it..itz HISTORY alredi...dnt dwell in d past #team barca..
I only ever bother with them because of Neymar.
#team Madrid all da way.
I hala Madrid
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2013
Nomski0:
I only ever bother with them because of Neymar.
#team Madrid all da way.
I hala Madrid

really

What about meeee
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nomski0(f): 11:43am On Oct 08, 2013
kizmartino:

really

What about meeee
You're a barça fan na.....i really dont agree with them. They pick on Ronaldo.tongue tongue tongue
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 08, 2013
Nomski0:
You're a barça fan na.....i really dont agree with them. They pick on Ronaldo.tongue tongue tongue

lolzz..sure..
Itz in d gene..

I Must confess..I Lov ur interest in soccer..itz rare
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nomski0(f): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2013
kizmartino:

lolzz..sure..
Itz in d gene..

I Must confess..I Lov ur interest in soccer..itz rare
Thanks.cheesycheesy
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nomski0:
Thanks.cheesycheesy

u welcom miss
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
@barca fanz:

dnt u guys tink itz high tym ronaldo gets a balon d'or

Lets plead wit lord messi tongue tongue tongue **no offence intended**
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nomski0(f): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
kizmartino: @barca fanz:

dnt u guys tink itz high tym ronaldo gets a balon d'or

Lets plead wit lord messi tongue tongue tongue **no offence intended**
He's gonna get it with or without you guys pleading with Messi.....you just watch this coming season. Madrid is crushing Barcelona.#fact.
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Afam4eva: There's no El Classico like the Barca-Madrid one. This is the match that football lovers throughout the world always anticipate.
Petitio principi much!
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nomski0:
He's gonna get it with or without you guys pleading with Messi.....you just watch this coming season. Madrid is crushing Barcelona.#fact.

there u go..

D li2 probz av got wit Ronaldo nd d madrid family is PRIDE..

I dnt c Ronaldo near dat dix season..til 2018...

U all nid PATIENCE
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nomski0:

Nada de Madrid! #Realidad de la Vida. #Equipo Barca

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Abbey2sam(m): 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
Adufaye: Weda real Madrid dey form or not,them go still beat barca

Two man league

That's why I like BPL
Where westbrom will beat man U @ old traford
And sunderland will beat man city........a league where liverpool will loose to southamton @Anfield

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by siddiq202(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2013
kizmartino: Cnt wait 4d return of d messiless soccer god

Barca i represent!!!

Just like you had your so called birth-right the last time we met
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by siddiq202(m): 8:57am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva: There's no El Classico like the Barca-Madrid one. This is the match that football lovers throughout the world always anticipate.
There has always been one El Classico

5 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Adufaye(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2013
hammedkola:

Why talking like this?...
cus I don't find it interesting,I love barca but dey are bhavin like nigerians,and bside its just 2man league,no strong competition
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by Adufaye(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2013
kizmartino:

stupid league..bt it cn boast of world classic players nd all time most expensive... They alwayz have representative till in evry UCL semi-final nd mayb finals

Remember spain are current europe nd world best!!

...xo whtz ur point
all leagues can boast of world classic players,and bside french league can boast of havin d world most dangerous strike force,likes of ibrahmovic,pastore,falcao,cavani etc,epl also hv d best defenders same with germans,spain hv nutin to boast of,only players frm R.madrid,A.madrid n barca.........even a coach came out to say its a boring league
Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2013
Adufaye: all leagues can boast of world classic players,and bside french league can boast of havin d world most dangerous strike force,likes of ibrahmovic,pastore,falcao,cavani etc,epl also hv d best defenders same with germans,spain hv nutin to boast of,only players frm R.madrid,A.madrid n barca.........even a coach came out to say its a boring league

Spanish got nothing to boast of except playesrs from Barca,Madrid and Athletico abi?

What about Bilbao flogging then Champions of England Home and Away? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 by homesteady(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2013
Nomski0:

#JOKE of the year! grin grin Cr7 might not even come 3rd this year! Maybe 4th or 5th

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs West Ham (3 - 2) - On 24th February 2020 / Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (0 - 2) - Full Time / Chelsea Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 0) On 17th March 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.