Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions (782 Views)

10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart / As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? / 4 Sexual Sins Every Christian Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions by Ukutsgp(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2013
The bible said that 'he that is in christ is a new creation old things have passed away behold all things have become new. 2cor 5:17. Before christianity came to Africa, our fore father used to practice vain traditions handed down from generation to generation even when christianity came many of them could not give up their barbaric culture and customs and they die that way. They practice tradition such as female circumcision, killing of twins, human sacrifice to idols, drinking of water used in bathing corpse of husband by wife, child marriage and many more too numerous to mention. Many of these traditional practices had been stop but some part of Nigeria still holds them. God wants christians to seperate themselve from all these fetish believes and draws close to him. He still wants us to correct those around us practising this things. I thank God for bringing christianity to Africa and Nigeria. I am the light of the world and i am heaven bound traditions got nothing to do with me. I am different halleluyah!. Bethren the time of ignorance is past now God has command all to repent and be save. Shun traditional practices today. Thanks.
Re: Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:28am On Oct 08, 2013
Kolo mentality

1 Like

Re: Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions by Annie2gud(f): 9:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Yaba left....fast!!!
Re: Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions by Ukutsgp(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Hmm
Re: Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions by Ukutsgp(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2013
Many are really ignorant of this.
Re: Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions by ammyluv2002(f): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2013
You're right @ OP, good campaign. cool
Re: Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions by Ukutsgp(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2013
Thanks. We really hv to enlighten those who are held captive by ungodly traditional practices and customs.
Re: Christian Should Shun Superstition And Barbaric Traditions by Ukutsgp(m): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
All those barbaric tradition wont take us anywhere it is only Jesus that can give life and peace.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Robert Morris: Tithe to prevent calamity in your life. / Have You Been Suspended From Workforce In Church? Share You Experience / Please Whose Sect Are These People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.