Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? (22501 Views)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2015
My cousin applied law in this year's jamb and also wrote the post utme exams but unfortunately her name was not released and she took the supplementary form and the staff at the school's admission unit told her she will be admitted to study Islamic Studies.
But this girl is a devoted born again Christian and since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction as it might affect her walk with the Lord. She requests for advice.
Should she take up the course as she has been home now for 3 years due to lack of admission, and she says she cant stay home any longer.
She needs your advice please

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 12, 2015
Is it compulsory to go to the University? I am more concerned with where she will find employment about school? Cos of the over hype given to university education, people will consider studying anything to get a university degree!

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Collinsemegreat(m): 11:48am On Sep 12, 2015
1.She got to pray! Remember the first comandment as a christian, we shouldn't worship any other God.
2. The surety of employment with that course, is not guarrantee- not generally need!.
3. It may be a test from God.
4. If she insist let her it's her choice and she may change it with gud cgpa

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2015
vfactor:
Is it compulsory to go to the University? I am more concerned with where she will find employment about school? Cos of the over hype given to university education, people will consider studying anything to get a university degree!
hmmm yeah but a course like islamic studies, she could take up a teaching or lecturing job or start as a Graduate Assistant at the dept she graduated. Employment in such courses are not so hard to come by

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by onetrack(m): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2015
I really wouldn't worry about it. I have studied Islam, read the Quran along with hundreds of the hadiths and large parts of the tafsir and sirah. There is much to criticise in this religion, and a little internet research goes a long way. I've also studied other religions extensively. None of it has affected my position as an atheist in the slightest. If she is truly convinced of her Christianity then studying Islam isn't going to change anything.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
hmmm yeah but a course like islamic studies, she could take up a teaching or lecturing job or start as a Graduate Assistant at the dept she graduated. Employment in such courses are not so hard to come by

That means she will need further schooling (Masters degree) to retain her job, that's if she gets it in the first place. Cos not everyone who graduates from that department will be lecturers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by johnydon22(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2015
The most important thing here is gaining a university degree. But i really don't see what good Islamic studies can do for as regard securing a Job with her degree after graduation.

Other than that i see no reason why she should not because it won't make her change her position as regard her religion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by invisibility: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

No muslim will want a christian to be their Islamic studies lecturer. Its an abomination to them and she'll get killed one day.

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by kevoh(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
From choosing Law to contemplating Islamic studies shocked ! Your cousin paints a picture of the typical Nigerian youth who just craves a University degree even if it's BSc in garri drinking. I doubt if she'll even make it into Law school or manage to graduate from one if she had passed the Post-UTME.

Why the rush into University by the way ? She can learn one of these important skills: Tailoring a.k.a Fashion Designing, Hair Dressing, Event planning e.t.c while waiting to retake the exam next year for Law. She might end up earning her paychecks from the above skills than that paper certificate.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by flaminReed: 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
A fellow in our church converted to Islam after exposing himself indiscriminately to the Quran. Paul admonished the believers that evil communication corrupts good manners. Taking up Islamic studies as a course implies embracing it with openness of heart and admiration, if she indeed wants to be relevant in it thereafter. Studying to master a course is different from studying to counter a course. A friend said he converted to Christianity having studied the bible with a sinister intention -to critique it's correctness- from Islam. It takes a mature and die -hard believer to go to the gates of hell and rescue the captives thereat. But for your sister, hell no. In fact, it's gonna be a disappointment to heaven if she falls for such a minor trial. It's the last days when acquisition is over-rated. I've never been to a university yet I've assisted undergraduates a few times. I teach in a high school and have made money from the profession. My students esteem me highly, whereas my fame has been quite unrestrained. I can't imagine Paul or Peter or Christ, whose footsteps we follow, submit themselves to such alternative. We're to reach out to the lost wisely..'others save with FEAR hating even the garment spotted with the flesh..' Plus, 'he that is an heretic reject after the first and second admonition'.. So you see, there's no biblical full-time business of teaching *infidels the scriptures not to talk of teaching them what we know is shocking blasphemy.. REED is my name

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
Serious. But she should not take it. Aba! It makes no sense. She is a girl had it been she is a guy it would have been better cos along the way she will convert her Faith and you know girls have flexible heart. Tell her to postpone her admission stuff till coming year. Because all things work together for good to those that love God.

6 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 13, 2015
lalasticlala abeg help me put voice. Thanks
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by ikorodureporta: 6:10am On Sep 13, 2015
Let her go ahead....make she sef com write Qu'ranic bible for us grin

9 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nnemuka(f): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2015
Rubbish.....

5 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Icecomrade: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2015
What's her ambition for taking on this course.
To acquire knowledge? No problem.

To lecture on Islamic studies? That's Rocking the boat.

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by dave2meek(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2015
University degree is overrated, what are her chances of getting a job??. I'd advise her to stay at home than take that course. When its time she must surely get admission.

5 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Bollinger(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
My cousin applied law in this year's jamb and also wrote the post utme exams but unfortunately her name was not released and she took the supplementary form and the staff at the school's admission unit told her she will be admitted to study Islamic Studies.
But this girl is a devoted born again Christian and since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction as it might affect her walk with the Lord. She requests for advice.
Should she take up the course as she has been home now for 3 years due to lack of admission, and she says she cant stay home any longer.
She needs your advice please

Three words; know your enemy.

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by psychologist(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
Like seriously
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by loomer: 8:49am On Sep 13, 2015
Omo see gobe

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 13, 2015
THEY WILL KILL YOU FOR DESECRATION!

4 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by holluwai(m): 8:49am On Sep 13, 2015
All these una sill-e questions sef ehn

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by moscobabs(m): 8:49am On Sep 13, 2015
when I was in secondary sch , Mr Akinwunmi was my IRS teacher in Luther Kings College then. He was a deacon but studied Islamic studies in University.

I became a xtian through this man . I was his best student then but leta preached about xtianity to me after sch.

what I'm trying to say is that what u study doesn't not have anytin to do with or decision.

7 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Echelle(m): 8:49am On Sep 13, 2015
wawa

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by allanphash7(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2015
Religion

Some can even say they cant work in breweries or bet house because the are devoted christain or muslim

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by baloney: 8:50am On Sep 13, 2015
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2015
Nnemuka:
Rubbish.....
sister why you dey vex na? Or dont you have any good contribution?

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Sobeautiful: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2015
This car was snatched at gun point on the 10th of September 2015, between 7.30 and 8.00pm. It is a blue kia Rio, 2013 model with registration number ABJ 771 BB. It was snatched at Port Harcourt, Rivers State together with laptops, phones, some money, ATM cards, documents and other personal effects. If you have any useful information, please contact the following numbers- 09052742766, 07067669316, 08037921913. Thank you & God bless you.

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by muhyeenisce(m): 8:54am On Sep 13, 2015
Collinsemegreat:
1.She got to pray! Remember the first comandment as a christian, we shouldn't worship any other God.
2. The surety of employment with that course, is not guarrantee- not generally need!.
what is this one saying? Ur no1 point is baseless and senseless... How does Studying islamic study means worshiping another God?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by dOnLarich: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2015
E no go berra for the mod that ban me .. grin
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by missKiffy(f): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2015
Why on earth would she want to study islamic studies as a christian, there's probability she will struggle with the course, she shldnt be desperate

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by WhoBeThisMan: 8:58am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
at the risk of her life!! One day one bokoharamic Muslim will blow her up for being and infidel teaching Islam. Heck!! They even blow up their fellow Muslims for not being Muslim enough grin , how much more a Christian.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by arsetalks(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2015
Collinsemegreat:
Your own god is now the devil the tester abi? My own GOD doesn't test people.

@op, this is no brainer. What job can she get with islamic studies?

What's the point of acquiring a certificate you will never use especially one that goes against your belief. She should be patient, she will get a better course. Even moslems to go to university to study islamic studies these days.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Celebrates Okupevi As First Indigenous Bishop Of Lagos Diocese (Pics) / CAN General Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead / Please Help!!!!i Want To Download Oluwa Mi Yio Dide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.